Question about call_scilab

Federico Bergero Federico Bergero

Question about call_scilab

Hi I'm working on a Scilab module.
I had it working with Scilab 5.2 but when tried it on Scilab 5.3.2 it
does not work.
The module uses SendScilabJob and now (on Scilab 5.3.2) I get
Error: SendScilabJob call_scilab engine not started.

Is something chaned in this module? How can I solve it?
Thanks
Federico

--
I find television very educational. Every time someone switches it on,
I go into another room and read a good book.

Re: Question about call_scilab

hello,

Le mercredi 13 juillet 2011 à 12:42 -0300, Federico Bergero a écrit :
> Hi I'm working on a Scilab module.
> I had it working with Scilab 5.2 but when tried it on Scilab 5.3.2 it
> does not work.
> The module uses SendScilabJob and now (on Scilab 5.3.2) I get
> Error: SendScilabJob call_scilab engine not started.
>
> Is something chaned in this module? How can I solve it?
We enhanced call_scilab for javasci v2, we added much more checks and
controls.

The right way to start Scilab engine is:
#ifdef _MSC_VER
 if ( StartScilab(NULL,NULL,NULL) == FALSE )
#else
 if ( StartScilab(getenv("SCI"),NULL,NULL) == FALSE )
#endif
  {
   fprintf(stderr,"Error while calling StartScilab\n");
   return -1;
  }