Re: How to inhibit the "more y or n" message in Scilab

Simon [illustratingshadows Simon [illustratingshadows

Re: How to inhibit the "more y or n" message in Scilab

I have several programs written that run in Scilab.
They do a fair amount of assignment and trig.

Scilab insists on echoing th results of all commands
to the Scilab screen, and, when a screen is full, I
get "more y or n". This is an irritation. I have
searched all documents and help files, but nothing
stands out.

QUESTION 1: how can I stop it from filling up the
screen, apart from "clc".

QUESTION 2: how can I set some sort of a parameter
to cause "more y or n" not to appear.

I am using Windows XP and Scilab 4.1.2. Thanks in
advance.

Simon

Allan CORNET-2 Allan CORNET-2

Re: How to inhibit the "more y or n" message in Scilab

Hi ,

Le 02:01 AM 1/11/2008,Simon \[illustratingshadows écrit:

QUESTION 1: how can I stop it from filling up the
screen, apart from "clc".

See : help exec

exec('myscript.sce',-1)

You can also put a ';' at the end of line

example :

-->a=1+1
 a  =

    2.

-->b=1+1; // no display

-->disp(b)

    2.

QUESTION 2: how can I set some sort of a parameter
to cause "more y or n" not to appear.

See : help lines

lines(0);

Best Regards

Allan CORNET
Scilab Team

Allan CORNET
Scilab Consortium
http://www.scilab.org
INRIA - Unité de Recherche de Rocquencourt
Domaine de Voluceau - B.P. 105
78153 Le Chesnay Cedex

Projet Scilab
Bâtiment 1B - Bureau 009
Email : [hidden email]

Simon [illustratingshadows Simon [illustratingshadows

Re: How to inhibit the "more y or n" message in Scilab

Thanks, the ";" did the trick.

Simon