Re: Scilab 6.1 for OSX is out !

Tan Chin Luh Tan Chin Luh

Re: Scilab 6.1 for OSX is out !

Thanks Stephane!

I tested to launch on Catalina and HS, no problem in launching, some basics functions testing, plots, and xcos.

Regards,
Chin Luh

---- On Wed, 22 Apr 2020 01:21:30 +0800 Stéphane Mottelet <[hidden email]> wrote ----

Hi all,

Finally I managed to package a branch-6.1 version. "branch-6.1" means
that you will have the actual features of 6.1 version plus the bug fixes
and improvements provided by the team and contributors since its
release. The archive is available to dowload at the following url:

https://www.utc.fr/~mottelet/scilab_for_macOS.html

Tests have been made under HighSierra, Mojave, Catalina and everything
seems OK. Please use the ML to report eventual problems.

Enjoy !

Arvid Rosén Arvid Rosén

Re: [Scilab-users] Scilab 6.1 for OSX is out !

Indeed,

Thank you very much!

Basic stuff works here too on Catalina. However, I do have some problems running and compiling my C++-libraries in this version. I get the following linking problem:

Symbol not found: __ZN5types5TList8getFieldERKNSt3__112basic_stringIwNS1_11char_traitsIwEENS1_9allocatorIwEEEE

  Referenced from: …

Either at runtime, or variations on the same theme when compiling, like this:

"types::TList::getField(std::__1::basic_string<wchar_t, std::__1::char_traits<wchar_t>, std::__1::allocator<wchar_t> > const&)", referenced from:

      collectfields_gw(std::__1::vector<types::InternalType*, std::__1::allocator<types::InternalType*> >&, int, std::__1::vector<types::InternalType*, std::__1::allocator<types::InternalType*> >&) in

Any ideas? Maybe the TList class has changed somehow. I guess I need to go and check in the code, but any pointers here would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Arvid

From: Scilab Users List <[hidden email]> on behalf of "Yann Debray @ Scilab" <[hidden email]>
Reply to: Users mailing list for Scilab <[hidden email]>
Date: Wednesday, 22 April 2020 at 08:19
Subject: Re: [Scilab-users] [Scilab-Dev] Scilab 6.1 for OSX is out !

Dear Stéphane,

Thank you very much.

I will report this on our website.

--

Yann Debray

Scilab Director

ESI Group

Cell: +33 6 45 81 65 06

Website: https://www.scilab.org

On Wed, Apr 22, 2020 at 7:42 AM +0200, "Chin Luh Tan" <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

(answered on [hidden email])

Hello,

I had this problem when building on Catalina. What compiler set did you use ? Just clang or a mix of clang and gcc/g++/clang ?

S.

Le 22/04/2020 à 08:40, Arvid Rosén a écrit :

[...]

Arvid Rosén Arvid Rosén

Re: [Scilab-users] Scilab 6.1 for OSX is out !

I tried both XCode’s clang and gcc-9 from Homebrew. But I just realized that due to the macOS Framework troubles with gcc-9 and Catalina, I never managed to finish anything using gcc-9.

I removed my modules that depend on the macOS SDK:s (as a test), and now I can compile a working library using gcc-9. Great! Now, if only Apple could not ship those broken SDK:s …

Cheers,

Arvid