Re: Scilab-users] v6.0.2 jpeg export problem - again

Christophe Dang Ngoc Chan Christophe Dang Ngoc Chan

Re: Scilab-users] v6.0.2 jpeg export problem - again

Hello Marko,

I could reproduce the problem.
Typing "jpeg" in Bugzilla, the problem does not seem to be reported yet :
http://bugzilla.scilab.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=jpeg&list_id=52325
I suggest you fill in a bug report.

> The suggestion in previous dismissals of this problem make the claim that it is
> "ALWAYS" a video card driver problem

In the bug report, you can include useful information from getdebuginfo() e.g. :

[a, b] = getdebuginfo()
 b  =

... []

!                                                                         !
!Operating System: Windows Seven x64                                      !
!                                                                         !
!Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz                                !
!                                                                         !
!Number of processors: 8                                                  !
!                                                                         !
!Number of Video cards: 1                                                 !
!                                                                         !
!Video card #0: NVIDIA Quadro K2200                                       !
!                                                                         !
!Primary Video card driver version: 9.18.13.4105                          !
!                                                                         !
!Screen size: 1920 x 1200 32 bits                                         !
!                                                                         !
!Number of Monitors: 1                                                    !

... []

However, JPEG is designed for photographs with subtle shades
and not for graphics with very few colours such as those produced by a plot in Scilab.

Of course this is not an excuse for the bug
but I suggest you stick with the PNG or SVG formats.

General

Re: Scilab-users] v6.0.2 jpeg export problem - again

Hello,

This bug is already reported for almost 6  years. It is not proper to the jpg format.
It occurs with all pixmap formats. It was fixed for onscreen rendering
(proving that it's not a pure driver issue), but it is still pending when
exporting graphics
. Even when exporting graphics, in some circumstances,
it works. For instance, compiling some help pages generating some images
illustrating examples most often works, with right colors.
Please see details of the reports.

PS : Please don't expect improvements from anyone else than the community,
that's to say yourself or your ability to find, convince and enrole contributors
around you or with you able and ready to contribute, noticeably to fix bugs,
noticeably long-standing ones. Thanks.

Hello Marko,

Christophe Dang Ngoc Chan Christophe Dang Ngoc Chan

Re: {EXT} Re: Scilab-users] v6.0.2 jpeg export problem - again

Hello Samuel,

Thanks for the details.

By "contribute/fix bugs", do you mean "modify the Scilab source code"?

Le 12/04/2019 à 11:32, Dang Ngoc Chan, Christophe a écrit :

> Hello Samuel,
>
> Thanks for the details.

Sure.
This PostScriptum was mostly dedicated to Marko, after his impatient and
demanding comment: