Re-docking windows

rm1897 rm1897

Re-docking windows

I have Scilab 5.4.0 on both Windows 7 and Mac OS-X Mountain Lion (I recently installed it and am just learning to use it).

I have found how to undock the variable browser and command history but there seems to be no way of redocking them.  I have tried (on both systems) dragging them back in the main window, and the reverse, dragging the main window (small) inside them, killing them, restarting Scilab, looking through the preferences - am I missing something?

I was happy with the little "undock" arrow, why is there not a "redock" arrow in its place?

Thanks
Roger

Re: Re-docking windows

Hello,
The handle of a window to point, drag and dock is the bar with
the question-mark, the undock arrow and the cross, instead of
the main bar at the very top of the window.
HTH
Samuel

Le 01/11/2012 10:39, rm1897 a écrit :

> I have Scilab 5.4.0 on both Windows 7 and Mac OS-X Mountain Lion (I recently
> installed it and am just learning to use it).
>
> I have found how to undock the variable browser and command history but
> there seems to be no way of redocking them.  I have tried (on both systems)
> dragging them back in the main window, and the reverse, dragging the main
> window (small) inside them, killing them, restarting Scilab, looking through
> the preferences - am I missing something?
>
> I was happy with the little "undock" arrow, why is there not a "redock"
> arrow in its place?
>
> Thanks
> Roger

rm1897 rm1897

Re: Re-docking windows

Samuel,  thank you.

Once I have undocked a window, that bar only contains a question mark:
Window appearance

When I click on that bar, the window will not move- the window will only move if I click and hold on the main title bar at the top, not the bar with the ? mark.  Am I doing something wrong?

Roger

Re: Re-docking windows

Le 01/11/2012 12:47, rm1897 a écrit :
> Samuel,  thank you.
>
> Once I have undocked a window, that bar only contains a question mark:
Yes, it is the right one. Try and see.
rm1897 rm1897

Re: Re-docking windows

Ah, I see!  I thought that once a window was undocked, one could dock it again.  Instead, one moves each of the still-docked windows, one by one, INTO the undocked window.

My only problem now is that I have a window:
redocked windows

that does not have the usual console menus.
If I click in the "command history" window, the title bar says "command history"
If I click in the "file browser" window, the title bar says "file browser"

- but if I click in the "variable browser" or the "console" window, the title just keeps saying "file browser".

Do I need to now undock the console window and then move all the others over to it?

Thanks
Roger
rm1897 rm1897

Re: Re-docking windows

After a bit more playing about to get a proper console window (including its menus), I tried to undock the console window.  It didn't undock, instead I got a load of error messages in it.

When I restarted Scilab, ALL the windows were undocked:
Four undocked windows

but now, as if by magic, I AM able to drag all the ? bars and put the file browser, variable browser and command history back in the window with the console AND the console has its menus again.  Hurray!

I have to say, though, there seem to be several bugs here that (nearly) made me despair of Scilab.

Roger
Harsha Harsha

Re: Re-docking windows

Nandakumar G S Nandakumar G S

Re: Re-docking windows

To Re-dock windows (file browser, variable browser, command history)
Do the following

 Edit--> Preferences-->General-->Desktop Layout : Select a layout --> in the
drop down combo box, select integrated. Important Note: if already
integrated is selected Change it to simple and again select integrated and
click ok. Close Scilab and Restart._______This works !