Reg :: Display Error

Sumit Adhikari Sumit Adhikari

Reg :: Display Error

Hello All,

After I updated by Ubuntu to Kubuntu I am getting following error on DISPLAY:

(process:2845): Gtk-WARNING **: Locale not supported by C library.
Using the fallback 'C' locale.
Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0".
Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0".
Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0".
Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0".
Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0".
Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0".
                     scilab-branch-5.3

                Consortium Scilab (DIGITEO)
              Copyright (c) 1989-2011 (INRIA)
              Copyright (c) 1989-2007 (ENPC)

Startup execution:
An error occurred when Scilab tried to open a Canvas: glXGetConfig failed: error code Unknown error code 6
If an exception about java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError has been thrown, check if etc/librarypath.xml contains the path to gluegen and jogl libraries
Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0".
Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0".

 WARNING: Due to your video card drivers limitations, that are not able to mana
      ge OpenGL, Scilab will not be able to draw any graphics. Please update yo
      ur driver.
[...]

How do I fix this ?

Sumit Adhikari,
Institute of Computer Technology,
Faculty of Electrical Engineering,
Vienna University of Technology,
Gußhausstraße 27-29,1040 Vienna

Re: Reg :: Display Error

Le mercredi 10 août 2011 à 08:19 +0200, Sumit Adhikari a écrit :

> Hello All,
>

> After I updated by Ubuntu to Kubuntu I am getting following error on
> DISPLAY:
>

> (process:2845): Gtk-WARNING **: Locale not supported by C library.
> Using the fallback 'C' locale.
> Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0".
Usually, your problem is due to a badly configured (or too old) graphic
drivers.

Sylvestre