Release procedure of a module

Frederic Mahiant Frederic Mahiant

Release procedure of a module

Hi,
Within the context of an opensource project (Raspinloop), I use intensively the module "xcos with theScilab/Xcos FMU wrapper"

The module version is Release 0.6 and I need features (support for FMI version 2.0) that I have added to the module afterwards.

It would be easiest for users of my project if installation of this module could be done via the ATOMS Manager.

There are still some bug (space missing in description file, etc..) that I would be able to fix.
But what is the release procedure? What has to be done, validated,.. to release and put the module available via  the ATOMS Module Manager ?

Regards,

Frédéric.

Re: Release procedure of a module

Hi Frederic,

Le samedi 18 mars 2017 à 17:17 +0100, Frederic Mahiant a écrit :
> It would be easiest for users of my project if installation of this module could be done via the
> ATOMS Manager.
>
> There are still some bug (space missing in description file, etc..) that I would be able to fix.
> But what is the release procedure? What has to be done, validated,.. to release and put the module
> available via  the ATOMS Module Manager ?

Currently there is no procedures, just ping us :) I have done some work on it to port to toolbox to
Scilab 6 and I am able to generate and upload a new binary version whenever you want.

The important point before releasing a new version is to pass the tests on all supported platforms
and we have some automated build infrastructure that does the build [1], test [2] and publish [3]
but it requires a manual triggering.

Thanks for your involvement,

[1]: http://build.scilab.org/job/atoms-build/
[2]: http://build.scilab.org/job/atoms-test/