SEP 068

calixte calixte

SEP 068

I forgot to attach the file...

SEP_068_FileBrowser.odt (116K) Download Attachment
willow willow

Re: SEP 068

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
David Chèze David Chèze

RE: SEP 068

In addition, it would be nice if filebrowser can handle csv-like text file (extension .txt, .csv): for example configure through an UI the argument to a call to read_csv() function or csv_read() module, then quickview in editvar (must be faster thant it is until now (scilab 5.3.2 windows7 32 bits) to compete with excel) : it will promote the use of scilab for data file first inspection and quick analysis (simple computations and plots could be done in console after that).

Thanks,

David

Re: SEP 068

Le lundi 11 juillet 2011 à 14:47 -0700, [hidden email] a
écrit :

> Hello,
>
> That looks like it might be useful. I am a commandline oriented user,
> but I suppose it is missing.
>
> I recently did contract work with the 5.3 package and this included an
> xcos model. The manipulation of blocks and connections is extremely
> finicky and does not feel stable. In some cases reimplementing the
> entire model was the quickest way to solve formatting issues. I spent a
> lot more precious development time on placing blocks and lines on the
> diagram than I should have. Solid snap behaviour and general improvement
> of the diagram editor would make xcos more productive for me and would
> be more important than a file browser.
Hello Willem,

Don't hesitate to report such issues on the bug tracker [1]. It helps to
have this kind of feedbacks with a way to reproduce the issues.

Sylvestre
PS: next time, start a new discussion instead of forking an existing and
unrelated one ;)

[1] http://bugzilla.scilab.org/

calixte calixte

RE: SEP 068

Le mardi 12 juillet 2011 à 11:54 +0200, CHEZE David 227480 a écrit :
> Hi,

Hi David,

> In addition, it would be nice if filebrowser can handle csv-like text
file (extension .txt, .csv): for example configure through an UI the
argument to a call to read_csv() function or csv_read() module, then
quickview in editvar (must be faster thant it is until now (scilab 5.3.2
windows7 32 bits) to compete with excel) : it will promote the use of
scilab for data file first inspection and quick analysis (simple
computations and plots could be done in console after that).

Good idea... but we need to improve csv handling, so this feature would
be probably added after the 5.4 release.

Thanks

Calixte