[SEP] Function for implicit plotting

Pierre-Aimé Agnel Pierre-Aimé Agnel

[SEP] Function for implicit plotting

Hi,

I created SEP #132 for implicit function plotting. The idea is to be
able to plot F(x,y) = 0 directly instead of having to feval then contour
the plot.

A first experimentation from can be found here
https://codereview.scilab.org/#/c/15130/

If you can give me your insight/comments on this to improve the feature.

I'll add a implicitplot3d once I have confirmation from the author of
contour3d that I can use the function.

Pierre-Aimé Agnel
Development Team

SEP_132_implicitplot.odt (85K) Download Attachment

Re: [SEP] Function for implicit plotting

Hello Pierre-Aimé,

Yes, this feature would be great! Why creating a new function instead of
implementing the new feature inside the existing plot()?
Inserting a function or a string as argin#1 would be new, with no
ambiguity and back-compatibility issue when parsing the arguments list.
If sticking to a new function, IMO, for completion reason,
plotimplicit() would be better to implicitplot().

About options: no idea of specific additional ones. It is just a pity
that plot() does not support logarithmic flags as plot2d() does.

Le 29/08/2014 à 15:19, Pierre-Aimé Agnel a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> I created SEP #132 for implicit function plotting. The idea is to be
> able to plot F(x,y) = 0 directly instead of having to feval then
> contour the plot.
>
> A first experimentation from can be found here
> https://codereview.scilab.org/#/c/15130/
>
> If you can give me your insight/comments on this to improve the feature.

In addition to renaming, a list of 7 improvements is proposed at
http://bugzilla.scilab.org/16304