Save figure as landscape DIN A4 PDF

Richard llom Richard llom

Save figure as landscape DIN A4 PDF

Hello All,
I want to save my figures automatically (from the script) as landscape DIN A4.

xs2pdf(gcf(),'result','landscape');

Works fine so far, however I have problems defining the (paper) size. I found only:
"figure_size:
This property controls the size in pixel of the screen's graphics window. The size is the vector [width,height]."
But this seems unfit to me since this script is supposed to run on different machines, where I don't know the screen resolution...

Secondly, after the file is saved, I want to present a link in the console which the user can click on to open the file in his pdf-viewer. Unfortunately I didn't found any command for links?

TIA
richard

Re: Save figure as landscape DIN A4 PDF

Le 01/08/2017 à 18:24, Richard llom a écrit :

> Hello All,
> I want to save my figures automatically (from the script) as landscape DIN
> A4.
>
> xs2pdf(gcf(),'result','landscape');
>
> Works fine so far, however I have problems defining the (paper) size. I
> found only:
> "figure_size:
> This property controls the size in pixel of the screen's graphics window.
> The size is the vector [width,height]."
> But this seems unfit to me since this script is supposed to run on different
> machines, where I don't know the screen resolution...

Have you tried printsetupbox() (for the default parameters) or
printfigure(i) for printing parameters only for a given figure?

> Secondly, after the file is saved, I want to present a link in the console
> which the user can click on to open the file in his pdf-viewer.
> Unfortunately I didn't found any command for links?

It is presently not possible in the console. But it is possible to do
this through the Scilab file browser.

Richard llom Richard llom

Re: Save figure as landscape DIN A4 PDF

> Have you tried printsetupbox() (for the default parameters) or
> printfigure(i) for printing parameters only for a given figure?

Both of these involve the GUI and user interaction, which I BOTH want to avoid...

Furthermore printsetupbox() doesn't seem to have an effect on the saved pdf and
in the printfigure() dialog I didn't find any option for pdf at all...

So I guess my only option is to do it by figure_size then?

>> Secondly, after the file is saved, I want to present a link in the console
>> which the user can click on to open the file in his pdf-viewer.
>> Unfortunately I didn't found any command for links?
>
> It is presently not possible in the console. But it is possible to do
> this through the Scilab file browser.

.. which is not as handy.
Is there already a feature request (bug id) for this?
Rafael Guerra Rafael Guerra

Re: Save figure as landscape DIN A4 PDF

Regarding presenting a link to the file in the console, you should at least be able to print its full path (including file name) in the console.
This can then be copied and pasted in Windows to conveniently open it.

Richard llom Richard llom

Re: Save figure as landscape DIN A4 PDF

> Regarding presenting a link to the file in the console, you should at least be able to print its
> full path (including file name) in the console.
> This can then be copied and pasted in Windows to conveniently open it.
Yes, this is what I'm doing already.

But ofc a link to click on is way more comfortable and it is possible in that other program... ;-)

Le 02/08/2017 à 10:52, Richard llom a écrit :
>> Have you tried printsetupbox() (for the default parameters) or
>> printfigure(i) for printing parameters only for a given figure?
> Both of these involve the GUI and user interaction, which I BOTH want to
> avoid...

AFAIRemember, options set with printsetupbox() are not saved, in such a
way that for each next Scilab session, one has to reset options as
wished. I could have bet that this cumbersome situation is reported on
Bugzilla, but i have not found the related report.
For services or modules having a preferences file,
getPreferencesValues() and setPreferencesValues() can be used to set
existing configuration parameters in a programmatic way.

> Furthermore printsetupbox() doesn't seem to have an effect on the saved pdf
> and
> in the printfigure() dialog I didn't find any option for pdf at all...
>
> So I guess my only option is to do it by figure_size then?
>
>>> Secondly, after the file is saved, I want to present a link in the
>>> console
>>> which the user can click on to open the file in his pdf-viewer.
>>> Unfortunately I didn't found any command for links?
>> It is presently not possible in the console. But it is possible to do
>> this through the Scilab file browser.
> .. which is not as handy.

Right, noticeably if your document is not in the current working directory.
In GUI, it is possible to use HTML and so to display HTML hyperlinks,
and then set an href to file://...
So, you may define your own GUI -- even a small one -- with this kind of
feature.

> Is there already a feature request (bug id) for this?

--> uman console/>link wb
http://bugzilla.scilab.org/5509  is the nearest report

Le 02/08/2017 à 13:59, Samuel Gougeon a écrit :

> Le 02/08/2017 à 10:52, Richard llom a écrit :
>>> Have you tried printsetupbox() (for the default parameters) or
>>> printfigure(i) for printing parameters only for a given figure?
>> Both of these involve the GUI and user interaction, which I BOTH want to
>> avoid...
>
> AFAIRemember, options set with printsetupbox() are not saved, in such
> a way that for each next Scilab session, one has to reset options as
> wished. I could have bet that this cumbersome situation is reported on
> Bugzilla, but i have not found the related report.

It is here: http://bugzilla.scilab.org/6782

Sonaran Sonaran

Re: Save figure as landscape DIN A4 PDF

Test, please do not consider this message.

Sonaran TA
IT @ESI Group