> The Scilab Team is pleased to announce the release of Scilab 5.1.
> Misc information about this version:
> http://www.scilab.org/download/index_download.php?page=5.1 It is also the first time that we are officially releasing a native Mac
OS X version.
This version is only alpha. Especially because there are some known
issues with the Mac OS X version:
* For now, Tcl/Tk has been disabled. The technical reason is because
both Swing and Tk need to be driven by the Core Foundation
(CFRunLoopRun) and it is tricky to handle both at the same time.
* As a consequence, TclSci (Scilab / Tcl interface) Scipad, GED
and the variable editor are not working.
* On a non-up-to-date Mac OS X, an error saying that the Dock Icon
cannot be set can occur. Please update your Mac OS X Java.
* Scilab starts in the background (ie behind other applications).
* The merge of windows provided by the docking system does not work
* Because of a Mac OS X bug, Scilab is not using the typical
Mac OS X Screen Menu Bar.
See: http://bugzilla.scilab.org/show_bug.cgi?id=4074 If you want to use it, uncomment the line about useScreenMenuBar in
* Due to internal constraints, during the load of Scilab, it is normal
to see the icon changing for a second.
* On a fresh compiled version of Scilab, you could experience some
issues with the unsfdcopy function. This might be related to the
version of your compiler/libraries.
* The refresh on some demos is not done correctly which can cause
some refresh issues.
* Some demos like Demos/Introduction or Demos/Polynomials crash sometime (race condition ?)
If you find bugs under Mac OS X which are not in this list, please submit them
on: http://bugzilla.scilab.org/ Please provide the relevant part from /var/log/system.log
If you have comments, ideas or wishes about this version, please don't hesitate to tell us!