Scilab 6.0.1 is out

Dear Scilab developers,

Thanks to our collective work including your work, we released Scilab 6.0.1! This is a revision of
6.0.0 including bug fixes and avoiding some regression. It is supposed to be fully compatible with
6.0.0 but please report bugs if this is not the case.

If user feedbacks are good and reported bugs have low criticality, we will focus on 6.1.0 for the
next months; please update your git branches before pushing new commits! For the upcoming features,
we took a look at your inputs on the Scilab 6.0.0 ML thread and wish to implement some of them. Help
us build them and have a great 6.1.0 version by coding your own functionalities! If you have trouble
setting up your dev. environment or need help understanding the code, ask us.

For the next releases, we also wish to drastically change the macOS binary to be more Apple
compatible (Binary signature, clean Java embedding, etc...) however we need support from the
community. Are you interested in helping us ? providing knowledge, patches and testing binaries?

For the complete list of changes and bugs fixed, please take a look at the
[CHANGES](https://help.scilab.org/CHANGES) file.

Thanks for your involvement,

Re: Scilab 6.0.1 is out

Le 15/02/2018 à 16:30, Clément David a écrit :

> Dear Scilab developers,
>
> Thanks to our collective work including your work, we released Scilab 6.0.1! This is a revision of
> 6.0.0 including bug fixes and avoiding some regression. It is supposed to be fully compatible with
> 6.0.0 but please report bugs if this is not the case.
>
> If user feedbacks are good and reported bugs have low criticality, we will focus on 6.1.0 for the
> next months; please update your git branches before pushing new commits! For the upcoming features,
> we took a look at your inputs on the Scilab 6.0.0 ML thread and wish to implement some of them. Help
> us build them and have a great 6.1.0 version by coding your own functionalities! If you have trouble
> setting up your dev. environment or need help understanding the code, ask us.
>
> For the next releases, we also wish to drastically change the macOS binary to be more Apple
> compatible (Binary signature, clean Java embedding, etc...) however we need support from the
> community. Are you interested in helping us ? providing knowledge, patches and testing binaries?
>
> For the complete list of changes and bugs fixed, please take a look at the
> [CHANGES](https://help.scilab.org/CHANGES) file.
>
> Thanks for your involvement,
>
> --
> Clément

Hello Clément,

Under High Sierra Scilab windows are flashing when they are resized,
this is awfull ! Downgrading

libnativewindow_macosx.jnilib
libnativewindow_awt.jnilib

at the state they were for Scilab 5.5.1 solves the problem (see my
2018-02-14 update at http://www.utc.fr/~mottelet/Darwin/). Maybe there
exists a less "experimental" way of solving the problem, but doing this
works like a charm !

Re: Scilab 6.0.1 is out

Le jeudi 15 février 2018 à 17:17 +0100, Stéphane Mottelet a écrit :

> Le 15/02/2018 à 16:30, Clément David a écrit :
> > Dear Scilab developers,
> >
> > Thanks to our collective work including your work, we released Scilab 6.0.1! This is a revision
> > of
> > 6.0.0 including bug fixes and avoiding some regression. It is supposed to be fully compatible
> > with
> > 6.0.0 but please report bugs if this is not the case.
> >
> > If user feedbacks are good and reported bugs have low criticality, we will focus on 6.1.0 for
> > the
> > next months; please update your git branches before pushing new commits! For the upcoming
> > features,
> > we took a look at your inputs on the Scilab 6.0.0 ML thread and wish to implement some of them.
> > Help
> > us build them and have a great 6.1.0 version by coding your own functionalities! If you have
> > trouble
> > setting up your dev. environment or need help understanding the code, ask us.
> >
> > For the next releases, we also wish to drastically change the macOS binary to be more Apple
> > compatible (Binary signature, clean Java embedding, etc...) however we need support from the
> > community. Are you interested in helping us ? providing knowledge, patches and testing binaries?
> >
> > For the complete list of changes and bugs fixed, please take a look at the
> > [CHANGES](https://help.scilab.org/CHANGES) file.
> >
> > Thanks for your involvement,
> >
> > --
> > Clément
>
> Hello Clément,
>
> Under High Sierra Scilab windows are flashing when they are resized,
> this is awfull ! Downgrading
>
> libnativewindow_macosx.jnilib
> libnativewindow_awt.jnilib
>
> at the state they were for Scilab 5.5.1 solves the problem (see my
> 2018-02-14 update at http://www.utc.fr/~mottelet/Darwin/). Maybe there
> exists a less "experimental" way of solving the problem, but doing this
> works like a charm !

Hello Stéphane,

Thanks for the information, libjogl2 might also need to be upgraded (rather than downgraded) on the
master branch [1] to fix a lot of bugs and issues. Maybe providing binaries built on High Sierra
might improve the situation.

[1]: https://codereview.scilab.org/#/c/17530/

Re: Scilab 6.0.1 is out

Le 15/02/2018 à 17:36, Clément David a écrit :

> Le jeudi 15 février 2018 à 17:17 +0100, Stéphane Mottelet a écrit :
>> Le 15/02/2018 à 16:30, Clément David a écrit :
>>> Dear Scilab developers,
>>>
>>> Thanks to our collective work including your work, we released Scilab 6.0.1! This is a revision
>>> of
>>> 6.0.0 including bug fixes and avoiding some regression. It is supposed to be fully compatible
>>> with
>>> 6.0.0 but please report bugs if this is not the case.
>>>
>>> If user feedbacks are good and reported bugs have low criticality, we will focus on 6.1.0 for
>>> the
>>> next months; please update your git branches before pushing new commits! For the upcoming
>>> features,
>>> we took a look at your inputs on the Scilab 6.0.0 ML thread and wish to implement some of them.
>>> Help
>>> us build them and have a great 6.1.0 version by coding your own functionalities! If you have
>>> trouble
>>> setting up your dev. environment or need help understanding the code, ask us.
>>>
>>> For the next releases, we also wish to drastically change the macOS binary to be more Apple
>>> compatible (Binary signature, clean Java embedding, etc...) however we need support from the
>>> community. Are you interested in helping us ? providing knowledge, patches and testing binaries?
>>>
>>> For the complete list of changes and bugs fixed, please take a look at the
>>> [CHANGES](https://help.scilab.org/CHANGES) file.
>>>
>>> Thanks for your involvement,
>>>
>>> --
>>> Clément
>> Hello Clément,
>>
>> Under High Sierra Scilab windows are flashing when they are resized,
>> this is awfull ! Downgrading
>>
>> libnativewindow_macosx.jnilib
>> libnativewindow_awt.jnilib
>>
>> at the state they were for Scilab 5.5.1 solves the problem (see my
>> 2018-02-14 update at http://www.utc.fr/~mottelet/Darwin/). Maybe there
>> exists a less "experimental" way of solving the problem, but doing this
>> works like a charm !
> Hello Stéphane,
>
> Thanks for the information, libjogl2 might also need to be upgraded (rather than downgraded) on the
> master branch [1] to fix a lot of bugs and issues. Maybe providing binaries built on High Sierra
> might improve the situation.
>
> [1]: https://codereview.scilab.org/#/c/17530/
>
> --
> Clément

After testing the downgrade also improves the resize under Sierra, which
was also flashing but only on window decorations.