Scilab plugin in Netbean

shameera shameera

Scilab plugin in Netbean

hi,
Im Shameera Rathnayaka, a third year Undergraduate of Department of Computer Science and Engineering University of Moratuwa ,Sri Lanka.

I think im not too late to apply for this,

I am interested in "Scilab itegration in Netbean " idea which is Provide a Scilab plugin to Netbean and i would like to select this as my GSOC 2011 project.I have previous experience in working with Java, MySql and Algorithms from my university projects. As my most recent project i have developed a visual navigation (XVisualNavigator)[1] plugin for openoffice 3.2.1 using java.

Im going trough some resources
1.NetBeans Platform 6.9 Developer's Guide[2]
2.The Definitive Guide to NetBeans Platform[3]

As I am a new to the Scilab can you please provide me with some information related to the project iand i think that  i am going through the correct path.

im looking forward to submit a patch and hope to submit the proposal as soon as possible

[1] http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/en/project/XVN
[2] https://www.packtpub.com/netbeans-platform-6-9-developers-guide/book
[3] http://www.amazon.com/Definitive-Guide-NetBeans-Platform/dp/1430224177

Re: Scilab plugin in Netbean

Le mardi 05 avril 2011 à 11:52 -0700, shameera a écrit :

> hi,
> Im Shameera Rathnayaka, a third year Undergraduate of Department of Computer
> Science and Engineering University of Moratuwa ,Sri Lanka.
>
> I think im not too late to apply for this,
>
> I am interested in "Scilab itegration in Netbean " idea which is Provide a
> Scilab plugin to Netbean and i would like to select this as my GSOC 2011
> project.I have previous experience in working with Java, MySql and
> Algorithms from my university projects. As my most recent project i have
> developed a visual navigation (XVisualNavigator)[1] plugin for openoffice
> 3.2.1 using java.
>
> Im going trough some resources
> 1.NetBeans Platform 6.9 Developer's Guide[2]
> 2.The Definitive Guide to NetBeans Platform[3]
>
> As I am a new to the Scilab can you please provide me with some information
> related to the project iand i think that  i am going through the correct
> path.
We are providing some java wrapper to interact with the Scilab engine.
Please see:
http://help.scilab.org/docs/5.3.1/en_US/javasci.html
http://help.scilab.org/docs/5.3.1/en_US/javasci/javadoc/index.html

The main difficulty here would be to come up with a clean solution to
handle Scilab graphics.

You could also have a look on the report described here:
http://forge.scilab.org/index.php/p/scilab-eclipse/downloads/

Anyway, please hurry, the deadline is in two days.

shameera shameera

Re: Scilab plugin in Netbean

is there parser in scilab engine or should i write one ??? if there is, how does it handle multiple white spaces (for Implementing the syntax highlighting functionalities) and categorise strings? i am writing a proposal assuming that there is a parser in scilab and i can use syntax highlighting functionalities.

your feedback will be very useful for me to further improvements.

And more clarification  about project will very useful to me to understand the exact requirements

thanks.

On Wed, Apr 6, 2011 at 4:39 AM, sylvestre [via Scilab / Xcos - Mailing Lists Archives] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Le mardi 05 avril 2011 à 11:52 -0700, shameera a écrit :

> hi,

> Im Shameera Rathnayaka, a third year Undergraduate of Department of Computer
> Science and Engineering University of Moratuwa ,Sri Lanka.
>
> I think im not too late to apply for this,
>
> I am interested in "Scilab itegration in Netbean " idea which is Provide a
> Scilab plugin to Netbean and i would like to select this as my GSOC 2011
> project.I have previous experience in working with Java, MySql and
> Algorithms from my university projects. As my most recent project i have
> developed a visual navigation (XVisualNavigator)[1] plugin for openoffice
> 3.2.1 using java.
>
> Im going trough some resources
> 1.NetBeans Platform 6.9 Developer's Guide[2]
> 2.The Definitive Guide to NetBeans Platform[3]
>
> As I am a new to the Scilab can you please provide me with some information
> related to the project iand i think that  i am going through the correct
> path.
We are providing some java wrapper to interact with the Scilab engine.
Please see:
http://help.scilab.org/docs/5.3.1/en_US/javasci.html
http://help.scilab.org/docs/5.3.1/en_US/javasci/javadoc/index.html

The main difficulty here would be to come up with a clean solution to
handle Scilab graphics.

You could also have a look on the report described here:
http://forge.scilab.org/index.php/p/scilab-eclipse/downloads/

Anyway, please hurry, the deadline is in two days.

To unsubscribe from Scilab plugin in Netbean, click here.

--
Shameera Rathnayaka
Undergraduate
T.P.  0719221454
Calixte Denizet-2 Calixte Denizet-2

Re: Scilab plugin in Netbean

Le mercredi 06 avril 2011 à 04:54 -0700, shameera a écrit :
> is there parser in scilab engine or should i write one ??? if there
> is, how does it handle multiple white spaces (for Implementing the
> syntax highlighting functionalities) and categorise strings? i am
> writing a proposal assuming that there is a parser in scilab and i can
> use syntax highlighting functionalities.

Hi,

Maybe you could have a look on the lexer wrote for SciNotes
(scilab.jflex in the source tree).

Regards,

Calixte