[Scilab-users] 2D Density plot

arctica1963 arctica1963

[Scilab-users] 2D Density plot

Hello all,

I was wondering if it is possible to generate a 2D density plot from
scattered data to highlight areas with a higher concentration of points
compared to others?

The image shows a subsidence plot with theoretical curves and real data
overlaid. It would be nice to have a way to colour the density of points,
but leave areas with zero density blank.

In GIS software (e.g. ArcMap or QGIS) this would be defined using a
"Heatmap" based on a search radius around each data point.

Any ideas?

Re: 2D Density plot

Hello,

You could estimate your density by using kernels

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kernel_density_estimation

and then sample the continuous density to assign a value to each point.

S.