[Scilab-users] Atoms login

shamikam shamikam

[Scilab-users] Atoms login

Hello,

Is anyone having trouble logging into their ATOMS account? I'm unable to log in or create a new account.

Regards,
Shamika

Re: Atoms login

Le 25/09/2017 à 23:07, Shamika Mohanan a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> Is anyone having trouble logging into their ATOMS account? I'm unable
> to log in or create a new account.

Neither are we. Please have a look at
http://mailinglists.scilab.org/Scilab-users-Cannot-access-module-at-atom-scilab-tt4036831.html

Grzegorz Grzegorz

Re: Atoms login

Hello,

just want to ask if the goodness of Atoms system will be available still for
Scilab uses or after ESI Group acquisition it will be kind of commercial
service? I suppose not only I have this question in mind since Atoms are not
available (for more then month) for maintainers and new people which want to
improve Scilab by contributing new Atoms modules.

Regards Grzegorz

Re: Atoms login

Le 25/09/2017 à 23:07, Shamika Mohanan a écrit :
Hello,

Is anyone having trouble logging into their ATOMS account? I'm unable to log in or create a new account.

There are some slight changes on this side, despite it is still impossible to update existing modules and filesets and to create new ones:
When login, we no longer get neither a blank page without actually being logged, nor -- more recently -- getting any red messages about internal errors (likely addressed to debuggers).

But there is now a kind of status inversion:
Let's logging. Then, we are directed back to the ATOMS portal with

displayed on the top right corner, and still without any admin rights. The strange thing is that
when we then click on "create an account" while we have already one and we just tried to logging,
we get on the top right corner

So, we have been actually acknowledged by the loggin process!
Unfortunately, clicking  on Preferences does not lead to the dedicated personal page.
No actual page uses the user profile and the SESSION_ID.

This stands also after having removed all old cookies, that could prevent a sane ATOMS session after the migration of the ATOMS server.

Regards
Samuel Gougeon

simon.marchetto simon.marchetto

Re: Atoms login

Hello,

The login issue has been fixed. There were two problems with LDAP
configuration (due to migration), and session management.

There is still a problem about email sending, probably due to a bad
configuration on the new server, we are working on it.
But it does not prevent toolbox or file (fileexchange) updates.

Sorry for the delay.

Simon Marchetto

Le 2017-11-14 20:53, Samuel Gougeon a écrit :

> Hello,
>
>  Le 26/09/2017 à 22:49, Samuel Gougeon a écrit :
>
>> Le 25/09/2017 à 23:07, Shamika Mohanan a écrit :
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> Is anyone having trouble logging into their ATOMS account? I'm
>>> unable to log in or create a new account.
>>
>> Neither are we. Please have a look at

>> [1]
>
>  There are some slight changes on this side, despite it is still
> impossible to update existing modules and filesets and to create new
> ones:
>  When login, we no longer get neither a blank page without actually
> being logged, nor -- more recently -- getting any red messages about
> internal errors (likely addressed to debuggers).
>
>  But there is now a kind of status inversion:
>  Let's logging. Then, we are directed back to the ATOMS portal with
>
>  displayed on the top right corner, and still without any admin
> rights. The strange thing is that
>  when we then click on "create an account" while we have already one
> and we just tried to logging,
>  we get on the top right corner
>
>  So, we have been actually acknowledged by the loggin process!
>  Unfortunately, clicking  on Preferences does not lead to the
> dedicated personal page.
>  No actual page uses the user profile and the SESSION_ID.
>
>  This stands also after having removed all old cookies, that could
> prevent a sane ATOMS session after the migration of the ATOMS server.
>
>  Regards
>  Samuel Gougeon
>

> Links:
> ------
> [1]
> http://mailinglists.scilab.org/Scilab-users-Cannot-access-module-at-atom-scilab-tt4036831.html

Grzegorz Grzegorz

Re: Atoms login

Dear Simon,

it seems that there is still some problem with ATOMS, after uploading new version of MicroDAQ toolbox isn't isn't visible in Module manage in Scilab - the uploaded 1.2 version and previous versions are not available.

The 1.2v can be accessed via web:

but it is not possible to install it from Scilab with atomsInstall("microdaq");

The toolbox should be available immediately or server needs to do some indexing etc and will be available later?

Regards Grzegorz

[...]

Hello Simon,

Thanks for your efforts to solve these long standing bugs.
Unfortunately, tonigh, not being logged,
  • ATOMS
    • visiting once the portal is OK
    • visiting any module's page fails and displays: "LDAP : bind échoué"
    • after that, visiting again the ATOMS portal fails
  • FE
    • visiting the portal is OK
    • visiting any FS page is OK

  • loggin is NOK : white running page... and finally "LDAP : bind échoué"

Le 17/11/2017 à 11:22, [hidden email] a écrit :
Hello,

The login issue has been fixed. There were two problems with LDAP configuration (due to migration), and session management.

There is still a problem about email sending, probably due to a bad configuration on the new server, we are working on it.
But it does not prevent toolbox or file (fileexchange) updates.

Sorry for the delay.

Simon Marchetto

Re: Atoms login

Aaa, after several attempts and waiting,
  • the page of an ATOMS module gets displayed
  • any login attempt with my usual login displays the red message "No account exists for this email"

I did not try to recreate an account at the same login email since it could lose all ATOMS and FE pointers formerly attached to this login.

Hello Simon,

Thanks for your efforts to solve these long standing bugs.
Unfortunately, tonigh, not being logged,
  • ATOMS
    • visiting once the portal is OK
    • visiting any module's page fails and displays: "LDAP : bind échoué"
    • after that, visiting again the ATOMS portal fails
  • FE
    • visiting the portal is OK
    • visiting any FS page is OK

  • loggin is NOK : white running page... and finally "LDAP : bind échoué"

Le 17/11/2017 à 11:22, [hidden email] a écrit :
Hello,

The login issue has been fixed. There were two problems with LDAP configuration (due to migration), and session management.

There is still a problem about email sending, probably due to a bad configuration on the new server, we are working on it.
But it does not prevent toolbox or file (fileexchange) updates.

Sorry for the delay.

Simon Marchetto

Re: Atoms login

Le 25/09/2017 à 23:07, Shamika Mohanan a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> Is anyone having trouble logging into their ATOMS account? I'm unable
> to log in or create a new account.

At last, after a 5-months-long interruption, the ATOMS server has
reopened this week! The login works with the former accounts (no need to
create new ones for authors already having one). The pages to
administrate modules are accessible.

This is certainly the best piece of news of the month, on the Scilab side.
So, now that some major bugs have also been fixed last summer on the
ATOMS GUI
side, publishing and updating should be easier on both server and GUI sides,
at least for external modules not requiring to be compiled by the server.

Thanks!

shorne shorne

Re: Atoms login

Rr

Sent from IBM Verse

Samuel Gougeon --- Re: [Scilab-users] Atoms login ---

From:"Samuel Gougeon" <[hidden email]>
Date:Sun, Nov 26, 2017 11:21 AM
Subject:Re: [Scilab-users] Atoms login