[Scilab-users] Atoms login

12
shamikam shamikam

[Scilab-users] Atoms login

Hello,

Is anyone having trouble logging into their ATOMS account? I'm unable to log in or create a new account.

Regards,
Shamika

Re: Atoms login

Le 25/09/2017 à 23:07, Shamika Mohanan a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> Is anyone having trouble logging into their ATOMS account? I'm unable
> to log in or create a new account.

Neither are we. Please have a look at
http://mailinglists.scilab.org/Scilab-users-Cannot-access-module-at-atom-scilab-tt4036831.html

Grzegorz Grzegorz

Re: Atoms login

Hello,

just want to ask if the goodness of Atoms system will be available still for
Scilab uses or after ESI Group acquisition it will be kind of commercial
service? I suppose not only I have this question in mind since Atoms are not
available (for more then month) for maintainers and new people which want to
improve Scilab by contributing new Atoms modules.

Regards Grzegorz

Re: Atoms login

Le 25/09/2017 à 23:07, Shamika Mohanan a écrit :
Hello,

Is anyone having trouble logging into their ATOMS account? I'm unable to log in or create a new account.

There are some slight changes on this side, despite it is still impossible to update existing modules and filesets and to create new ones:
When login, we no longer get neither a blank page without actually being logged, nor -- more recently -- getting any red messages about internal errors (likely addressed to debuggers).

But there is now a kind of status inversion:
Let's logging. Then, we are directed back to the ATOMS portal with

displayed on the top right corner, and still without any admin rights. The strange thing is that
when we then click on "create an account" while we have already one and we just tried to logging,
we get on the top right corner

So, we have been actually acknowledged by the loggin process!
Unfortunately, clicking  on Preferences does not lead to the dedicated personal page.
No actual page uses the user profile and the SESSION_ID.

This stands also after having removed all old cookies, that could prevent a sane ATOMS session after the migration of the ATOMS server.

Regards
Samuel Gougeon

simon.marchetto simon.marchetto

Re: Atoms login

Hello,

The login issue has been fixed. There were two problems with LDAP
configuration (due to migration), and session management.

There is still a problem about email sending, probably due to a bad
configuration on the new server, we are working on it.
But it does not prevent toolbox or file (fileexchange) updates.

Sorry for the delay.

Simon Marchetto

Le 2017-11-14 20:53, Samuel Gougeon a écrit :

> Hello,
>
>  Le 26/09/2017 à 22:49, Samuel Gougeon a écrit :
>
>> Le 25/09/2017 à 23:07, Shamika Mohanan a écrit :
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> Is anyone having trouble logging into their ATOMS account? I'm
>>> unable to log in or create a new account.
>>
>> Neither are we. Please have a look at

>> [1]
>
>  There are some slight changes on this side, despite it is still
> impossible to update existing modules and filesets and to create new
> ones:
>  When login, we no longer get neither a blank page without actually
> being logged, nor -- more recently -- getting any red messages about
> internal errors (likely addressed to debuggers).
>
>  But there is now a kind of status inversion:
>  Let's logging. Then, we are directed back to the ATOMS portal with
>
>  displayed on the top right corner, and still without any admin
> rights. The strange thing is that
>  when we then click on "create an account" while we have already one
> and we just tried to logging,
>  we get on the top right corner
>
>  So, we have been actually acknowledged by the loggin process!
>  Unfortunately, clicking  on Preferences does not lead to the
> dedicated personal page.
>  No actual page uses the user profile and the SESSION_ID.
>
>  This stands also after having removed all old cookies, that could
> prevent a sane ATOMS session after the migration of the ATOMS server.
>
>  Regards
>  Samuel Gougeon
>

> Links:
> ------
> [1]
> http://mailinglists.scilab.org/Scilab-users-Cannot-access-module-at-atom-scilab-tt4036831.html

Grzegorz Grzegorz

Re: Atoms login

Dear Simon,

it seems that there is still some problem with ATOMS, after uploading new version of MicroDAQ toolbox isn't isn't visible in Module manage in Scilab - the uploaded 1.2 version and previous versions are not available.

The 1.2v can be accessed via web:

but it is not possible to install it from Scilab with atomsInstall("microdaq");

The toolbox should be available immediately or server needs to do some indexing etc and will be available later?

Regards Grzegorz

[...]

Hello Simon,

Thanks for your efforts to solve these long standing bugs.
Unfortunately, tonigh, not being logged,
  • ATOMS
    • visiting once the portal is OK
    • visiting any module's page fails and displays: "LDAP : bind échoué"
    • after that, visiting again the ATOMS portal fails
  • FE
    • visiting the portal is OK
    • visiting any FS page is OK

  • loggin is NOK : white running page... and finally "LDAP : bind échoué"

Le 17/11/2017 à 11:22, [hidden email] a écrit :
Hello,

The login issue has been fixed. There were two problems with LDAP configuration (due to migration), and session management.

There is still a problem about email sending, probably due to a bad configuration on the new server, we are working on it.
But it does not prevent toolbox or file (fileexchange) updates.

Sorry for the delay.

Simon Marchetto

Re: Atoms login

Aaa, after several attempts and waiting,
  • the page of an ATOMS module gets displayed
  • any login attempt with my usual login displays the red message "No account exists for this email"

I did not try to recreate an account at the same login email since it could lose all ATOMS and FE pointers formerly attached to this login.

Hello Simon,

Thanks for your efforts to solve these long standing bugs.
Unfortunately, tonigh, not being logged,
  • ATOMS
    • visiting once the portal is OK
    • visiting any module's page fails and displays: "LDAP : bind échoué"
    • after that, visiting again the ATOMS portal fails
  • FE
    • visiting the portal is OK
    • visiting any FS page is OK

  • loggin is NOK : white running page... and finally "LDAP : bind échoué"

Le 17/11/2017 à 11:22, [hidden email] a écrit :
Hello,

The login issue has been fixed. There were two problems with LDAP configuration (due to migration), and session management.

There is still a problem about email sending, probably due to a bad configuration on the new server, we are working on it.
But it does not prevent toolbox or file (fileexchange) updates.

Sorry for the delay.

Simon Marchetto

Re: Atoms login

Le 25/09/2017 à 23:07, Shamika Mohanan a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> Is anyone having trouble logging into their ATOMS account? I'm unable
> to log in or create a new account.

At last, after a 5-months-long interruption, the ATOMS server has
reopened this week! The login works with the former accounts (no need to
create new ones for authors already having one). The pages to
administrate modules are accessible.

This is certainly the best piece of news of the month, on the Scilab side.
So, now that some major bugs have also been fixed last summer on the
ATOMS GUI
side, publishing and updating should be easier on both server and GUI sides,
at least for external modules not requiring to be compiled by the server.

Thanks!

shorne shorne

Re: Atoms login

Rr

Sent from IBM Verse

Samuel Gougeon --- Re: [Scilab-users] Atoms login ---

From:"Samuel Gougeon" <[hidden email]>
Date:Sun, Nov 26, 2017 11:21 AM
Subject:Re: [Scilab-users] Atoms login

Le 25/09/2017 à 23:07, Shamika Mohanan a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> Is anyone having trouble logging into their ATOMS account? I'm unable
> to log in or create a new account.

At last, after a 5-months-long interruption, the ATOMS server has
reopened this week! The login works with the former accounts (no need to
create new ones for authors already having one). The pages to
administrate modules are accessible.

This is certainly the best piece of news of the month, on the Scilab side.
So, now that some major bugs have also been fixed last summer on the
ATOMS GUI
side, publishing and updating should be easier on both server and GUI sides,
at least for external modules not requiring to be compiled by the server.

Thanks!

simon.marchetto simon.marchetto

[Scilab-users] Atoms login

ATOMS email notifications are back (and sent from the new email address
[hidden email]). Account creation is possible again.

We hope eveything works as expected now (at least on ATOMS /
Fileexchange), please report any remaining problem.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Simon Marchetto

Le 2017-11-17 11:22, [hidden email] a écrit :

> Hello,
>
> The login issue has been fixed. There were two problems with LDAP
> configuration (due to migration), and session management.
>
> There is still a problem about email sending, probably due to a bad
> configuration on the new server, we are working on it.
> But it does not prevent toolbox or file (fileexchange) updates.
>
> Sorry for the delay.
>
> Simon Marchetto
>
> Le 2017-11-14 20:53, Samuel Gougeon a écrit :
>> Hello,

>>> Neither are we. Please have a look at

>>> [1]
>>
>>  There are some slight changes on this side, despite it is still
>> impossible to update existing modules and filesets and to create new
>> ones:
>>  When login, we no longer get neither a blank page without actually
>> being logged, nor -- more recently -- getting any red messages about
>> internal errors (likely addressed to debuggers).
>>
>>  But there is now a kind of status inversion:
>>  Let's logging. Then, we are directed back to the ATOMS portal with
>>
>>  displayed on the top right corner, and still without any admin
>> rights. The strange thing is that
>>  when we then click on "create an account" while we have already one
>> and we just tried to logging,
>>  we get on the top right corner
>>
>>  So, we have been actually acknowledged by the loggin process!
>>  Unfortunately, clicking  on Preferences does not lead to the
>> dedicated personal page.
>>  No actual page uses the user profile and the SESSION_ID.
>>
>>  This stands also after having removed all old cookies, that could
>> prevent a sane ATOMS session after the migration of the ATOMS server.
>>
>>  Regards
>>  Samuel Gougeon
>>

>> Links:
>> ------
>> [1]
>> http://mailinglists.scilab.org/Scilab-users-Cannot-access-module-at-atom-scilab-tt4036831.html

Tan Chin Luh-2 Tan Chin Luh-2

Re: Atoms login

I am facing the similar issue with Scilab IPCV 1.2 (https://atoms.scilab.org/toolboxes/IPCV/1.2), after uploading the module with binaries for quite some times, the atomsGUI still showing the older version, which is 1.1, and atomsInstall will then install the old version as well. atomsSystemUpdate() does not help as well.

Any advice on what extra steps to make the updates available ?

Thanks.

Regards,
Chin Luh

On 18/11/2017 12:35 AM, Grzegorz Skiba wrote:
[...]

After this fix https://codereview.scilab.org/#/c/19273/ and up to the break of ATOMS at the end of July 2017, the whole ATOMS system on both server and client GUI sides behaved exactly as expected (for the first time since ATOMS exists): any online modification of a module on the server was immediately visible in the ATOMS GUI (after updating it).

But indeed, this normal behavior was of short duration: During the short access periods to ATOMS without LDAP or other logging issues, it is no longer working.
The issue is clearly on the server side: The file listing all modules available for the querying Scilab client and exported by the server is no longer updated. For instance, for Win64, http://atoms.scilab.org/6.0/TOOLBOXES/64/windows.gz unzipped and text edited does not include IPCV 1.2, nor plotplots 1.0 created yesterday with binaries also available for Scilab 6.0.

Le 29/12/2017 à 13:47, Tan Chin Luh a écrit :
Hi,

[...]

Tan Chin Luh-2 Tan Chin Luh-2

Re: Atoms login

Hi Samuel,

Thanks for your details explanation.

The microdaq 1.2 seems to be listed, does it means that it has been manually added ?

Thanks.

Regards,
Chin Luh

On 4/1/2018 8:54 AM, Samuel Gougeon wrote:
[...]

Hello Chin Luh,

Le 04/01/2018 à 02:54, Tan Chin Luh a écrit :
Hi Samuel,

Thanks for your details explanation.

The microdaq 1.2 seems to be listed, does it means that it has been manually added ?

I don't know. What i know is that i have packaged recent ATOMS zipped binaries exactly in the same way and scheme and type of contents as usual when it worked in May, and it no longer worked.
So, something has been changed in the meanwhile. AFAIK, the ATOMS server's code is not public.
So all is possible.

By the way, since my message of yesterday, the exported database requested by the ATOMS GUI
was updated in the meantime: IPCV 1.2 and plotplot 1.0 are now listed in the GUI.
Other updates are likely available: i have got the error "Field "4.2.1" does not exists"
after running the GUI once (Ya, with ATOMS, some errors are good news..(*))
Just close the ATOMS GUI and rerun it, and it's OK.

(*)
Scanning repository http://atoms.scilab.org/6.0 ... Done
at line   118 of function atomsGetLeftListboxElts (SCI\modules\atoms\macros\atoms_internals\atomsGetLeftListboxElts.sci line 139 )
at line    26 of function cbAtomsGui              (SCI\modules\atoms\macros\atoms_gui\cbAtomsGui.sci line 40 )
Field "4.2.1" does not exists

It's impossible to analyze and fix this kind of transient bug without being able to create
test modules immediately exported.

Re: Atoms login

Le 04/01/2018 à 02:54, Tan Chin Luh a écrit :
> Hi Samuel,
>
> Thanks for your details explanation.
>
> The microdaq 1.2 seems to be listed, does it means that it has been
> manually added ?

It is very likely.
I just updated plotplots 1.0 binaries for 5.4 and 5.5 10 minutes ago
(because of the missing macros/names file),
and reinstalling plotplots on 5.5.2 downloads the previous binaries...
(i removed the former plotplots zip from the archives dir before
processing).

I could somewhat understand that there is some delay beween pushing
files and actually making them public (then this delay should be
documented). But if we have to wait for some manual
check/approval/operation done time to time, IMO this way is not
workable. Or at least, also, it should be clearly documented, not
letting thinking that things are automatic, not expecting anything
before a documented calendar of review/check/approval...

Tan Chin Luh-2 Tan Chin Luh-2

Re: Atoms login

Yes, after atomsSystemUpdates now seems like the modules are updated.

Thanks

rgds,
Chin Luh

On 4/1/2018 9:46 PM, Samuel Gougeon wrote:

> Le 04/01/2018 à 02:54, Tan Chin Luh a écrit :
>> Hi Samuel,
>>
>> Thanks for your details explanation.
>>
>> The microdaq 1.2 seems to be listed, does it means that it has been
>> manually added ?
>
> It is very likely.
> I just updated plotplots 1.0 binaries for 5.4 and 5.5 10 minutes ago
> (because of the missing macros/names file),
> and reinstalling plotplots on 5.5.2 downloads the previous binaries...
> (i removed the former plotplots zip from the archives dir before
> processing).
>
> I could somewhat understand that there is some delay beween pushing
> files and actually making them public (then this delay should be
> documented). But if we have to wait for some manual
> check/approval/operation done time to time, IMO this way is not
> workable. Or at least, also, it should be clearly documented, not
> letting thinking that things are automatic, not expecting anything
> before a documented calendar of review/check/approval...
>
> Samuel

Re: Atoms login

Le 05/01/2018 à 16:20, Tan Chin Luh a écrit :
> Yes, after atomsSystemUpdates now seems like the modules are updated.

On the ATOMS page of one of your modules, change say the Description,
and save.
Then run
--> atomsSystemUpdate() // in your session. Then
--> atomsShow yourModuleName

The displayed description is not updated. Same thing if you push new
binaries for the same version.
Things are not automatically updated as they were in last spring.

simon.marchetto simon.marchetto

Re: Atoms login

Hello,

The ATOMS toolbox cache is once again automatically refreshed every 5
minutes, as before.

Regards,

Simon

>> Yes, after atomsSystemUpdates now seems like the modules are updated.
>
> On the ATOMS page of one of your modules, change say the Description,
> and save.
> Then run
> --> atomsSystemUpdate() // in your session. Then
> --> atomsShow yourModuleName
>
> The displayed description is not updated. Same thing if you push new
> binaries for the same version.
> Things are not automatically updated as they were in last spring.
>
> Samuel

Tan Chin Luh-2 Tan Chin Luh-2

Re: Atoms login

Hi Simon,

Great to hear that. Thanks.

rgds,
Chin Luh

On 9/1/2018 5:35 PM, [hidden email] wrote:

> Hello,
>
> The ATOMS toolbox cache is once again automatically refreshed every 5
> minutes, as before.
>
> Regards,
>
> Simon
>

>>> Yes, after atomsSystemUpdates now seems like the modules are updated.
>>
>> On the ATOMS page of one of your modules, change say the Description,
>> and save.
>> Then run
>> --> atomsSystemUpdate() // in your session. Then
>> --> atomsShow yourModuleName
>>
>> The displayed description is not updated. Same thing if you push new
>> binaries for the same version.
>> Things are not automatically updated as they were in last spring.
>>
>> Samuel

12