[Scilab-users] C compiler for use with xcos

cobnashine cobnashine

[Scilab-users] C compiler for use with xcos

Scilab 6.0.2 64 bit, Windows 10 64 bit on AMD processor.

Difficult to have Scilab 6.0.2 find my C compiler.  Downloaded Visual Studio
community version, it comes with 4 different versions of cl.exe.

In the Scilab console, the command configure_msvc() returns TRUE.
haveacompiler() returns FALSE.  From the Scilab console window, is there a
command that will allow me to set the path to the compiler manually?

Are there not other C compilers besides Visual Studio that can be installed
and utilized by Scilab?

Re: C compiler for use with xcos

Hello,

Le 24/05/2019 à 17:44, cobnashine a écrit :

> Scilab 6.0.2 64 bit, Windows 10 64 bit on AMD processor.
>
> Difficult to have Scilab 6.0.2 find my C compiler.  Downloaded Visual Studio
> community version, it comes with 4 different versions of cl.exe.
>
> In the Scilab console, the command configure_msvc() returns TRUE.
> haveacompiler() returns FALSE.  From the Scilab console window, is there a
> command that will allow me to set the path to the compiler manually?
>
> Are there not other C compilers besides Visual Studio that can be installed and utilized by Scilab?

You can install minGW and then the minGW ATOMS module.
You may have a look to https://atoms.scilab.org/toolboxes/mingw

cobnashine cobnashine

Re: C compiler for use with xcos

Thanks Samuel; installed minGW etc., now all is well.  beOK=haveacompiler() returns TRUE.

On Fri, May 24, 2019 at 3:41 PM Samuel Gougeon <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

Le 24/05/2019 à 17:44, cobnashine a écrit :
> Scilab 6.0.2 64 bit, Windows 10 64 bit on AMD processor.
>
> Difficult to have Scilab 6.0.2 find my C compiler.  Downloaded Visual Studio
> community version, it comes with 4 different versions of cl.exe.
>
> In the Scilab console, the command configure_msvc() returns TRUE.
> haveacompiler() returns FALSE.  From the Scilab console window, is there a
> command that will allow me to set the path to the compiler manually?
>
> Are there not other C compilers besides Visual Studio that can be installed and utilized by Scilab?

You can install minGW and then the minGW ATOMS module.
You may have a look to https://atoms.scilab.org/toolboxes/mingw

jarvjani jarvjani

Re: C compiler for use with xcos

To use c-compiler i needed to install mingw toolbox from ATOMS and
downloaded latest compiler from equation.com

http://www.equation.com/servlet/equation.cmd?fa=fortran