[Scilab-users] CSV Building

Davide Daloisio Davide Daloisio

[Scilab-users] CSV Building

Good evening,
I'm building a script to be able to create the matrix of two vectors that have different timesteps at the start. So I am writing a new matrix with two vectors that have the same timestep. In this specific case I have a time vector with a timestep (step) of about 2E-4 and then I want to create another vector with a constant speed (vel) equal to 2. To then couple them into a new matrix. When I run the script it gives me an error on line 7. Could someone give me a tip?
image.png

Davide Daloisio

Application Engineer

SPDM - Simulation Process and Data Management

EnginSoft

LinkedInhttps://www.linkedin.com/in/davidedaloisio/

Office+39 0461 979338

Mobile+39 347 8769382

e-mail : [hidden email]

www.enginsoft.com

www.caeconference.com

Dang Ngoc Chan, Christophe Dang Ngoc Chan, Christophe

Re: CSV Building

Hello Davide,

> De : users <[hidden email]> De la part de Davide
> Daloisio Envoyé : lundi 23 novembre 2020 17:13
>
> So I am writing a new matrix with two vectors that have the same timestep.
> In this specific case I have a time vector with a timestep (step) of
> about 2E-

When you're writing:

A = B(C)

Where B is a matrix, then C must be a matrix of Booleans (the cells you keep or reject) or of integers (the indices).

So the code

t_vel(1:step:l_vel)

is not valid as step is not an integer.

I'm not sure what you're trying to do but I guess you should try something like:

new_t_vel = t_vel(1) + step*(0:l_vel);

Hope this helps

General
Davide Daloisio Davide Daloisio

Re: CSV Building

Thanks Christophe for your suggestion. I managed to solve. But later this error message appeared:

exec('D:\users\A_DLO_AreaTecnica\A_DLO_R&D\R&D\REM\ROMCRF\to_DLO\Input\first_opt\script_interpolazione.sci', -1)
at line     8 of executed file D:\users\A_DLO_AreaTecnica\A_DLO_R&D\R&D\REM\ROMCRF\to_DLO\Input\first_opt\script_interpolazione.sci

inconsistent row/column dimensions

Davide Daloisio

Application Engineer

SPDM - Simulation Process and Data Management

EnginSoft

LinkedInhttps://www.linkedin.com/in/davidedaloisio/

Office+39 0461 979338

Mobile+39 347 8769382

e-mail : [hidden email]

www.enginsoft.com

www.caeconference.com

Please, consider your environmental responsibility!
Before printing this e-mail ask yourself: "Do I need a hard copy?"

Il giorno mar 24 nov 2020 alle ore 09:35 Dang Ngoc Chan, Christophe <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
Hello Davide,

> De : users <[hidden email]> De la part de Davide
> Daloisio Envoyé : lundi 23 novembre 2020 17:13
>
> So I am writing a new matrix with two vectors that have the same timestep.
> In this specific case I have a time vector with a timestep (step) of
> about 2E-

When you're writing:

A = B(C)

Where B is a matrix, then C must be a matrix of Booleans (the cells you keep or reject) or of integers (the indices).

So the code

t_vel(1:step:l_vel)

is not valid as step is not an integer.

I'm not sure what you're trying to do but I guess you should try something like:

new_t_vel = t_vel(1) + step*(0:l_vel);

Hope this helps

General
Dang Ngoc Chan, Christophe Dang Ngoc Chan, Christophe

Re: {EXT} Re: CSV Building

Hello,

> De : users <[hidden email]> De la part de Davide
> Daloisio Envoyé : mardi 24 novembre 2020 14:51
>
> inconsistent row/column dimensions

Difficult to say without the code.

You usually have this when you multiply matrices (the number of rows of the first one must match the number of columns of the second) or the like.

General