[Scilab-users] Callback poorly reactive

Alexx Alexx

[Scilab-users] Callback poorly reactive

Good day,

I made a  relatively complex HMI with Scilab which uses pushbuttons with
callbacks from uicontrol 'library'. Particularly, one pushbutton is used
to make visible or invisible a configuration window, which also contains
sliders with callbacks. The button to make visible or invisible the
windows is very poorly reactive (approx 30 quick click to work), except
if I don't change any slider parameter in the configuration window.

I have tested callback types 10 and 12 and the result is the same.

Do someone has ideas to improve reactivity of pushbutton please?

Have a good day

Alexis

Alexx Alexx

Re: Callback poorly reactive

Ok I join a simplified example on which we can witness my problem.

It runs on Scilab 6.0.0.

Nice week end

Alexis

Le 13/10/2017 à 15:02, Alexis Cros a écrit :

> Good day,
>
> I made a  relatively complex HMI with Scilab which uses pushbuttons
> with callbacks from uicontrol 'library'. Particularly, one pushbutton
> is used to make visible or invisible a configuration window, which
> also contains sliders with callbacks. The button to make visible or
> invisible the windows is very poorly reactive (approx 30 quick click
> to work), except if I don't change any slider parameter in the
> configuration window.
>
> I have tested callback types 10 and 12 and the result is the same.
>
> Do someone has ideas to improve reactivity of pushbutton please?
>
> Have a good day
>
> Alexis

Alexis Cros
PROMES - CNRS - UPR 8521
http://promes.cnrs.fr
+33 (0) 4 68 30 77 43

ex.sce (6K) Download Attachment

Re: Callback poorly reactive

Hello Alexis,

Le 13/10/2017 à 15:02, Alexis Cros a écrit :
> Good day,
>
> I made a  relatively complex HMI with Scilab which uses pushbuttons
> with callbacks from uicontrol 'library'. Particularly, one pushbutton
> is used to make visible or invisible a configuration window, which
> also contains sliders with callbacks. The button to make visible or
> invisible the windows is very poorly reactive (approx 30 quick click
> to work), except if I don't change any slider parameter in the
> configuration window.

In Scilab 6.0, the slider is bugged. Using it is OK at the beginning,
but quickly after, Scilab gets frozen.
http://bugzilla.scilab.org/15289

BR

Alexx Alexx

Re: Callback poorly reactive

Hello,

thanks for your repply Samuel. I tried with UIcontrol spinners instead
of sliders and it seems worst! Are spinner bugged too?

Regards,
Alexis

> Hello Alexis,
>
> Le 13/10/2017 à 15:02, Alexis Cros a écrit :
>> Good day,
>>
>> I made a  relatively complex HMI with Scilab which uses pushbuttons
>> with callbacks from uicontrol 'library'. Particularly, one pushbutton
>> is used to make visible or invisible a configuration window, which
>> also contains sliders with callbacks. The button to make visible or
>> invisible the windows is very poorly reactive (approx 30 quick click
>> to work), except if I don't change any slider parameter in the
>> configuration window.
>
> In Scilab 6.0, the slider is bugged. Using it is OK at the beginning,
> but quickly after, Scilab gets frozen.
> http://bugzilla.scilab.org/15289
>
> BR
> Samuel