[Scilab-users] Can Mux and Demux have more than 32 ports

tien.dang tien.dang

[Scilab-users] Can Mux and Demux have more than 32 ports

Dear all,
As title, Can I custom Mux and Demux block to have more than 32 ports, for
example: 64 ports as I need.
I try to re build source code base on Git repos but meet so many errors.
Thanks
Tien Dang

Perrichon Perrichon

Re: Can Mux and Demux have more than 32 ports

Good news !

Before printing, think about ENVIRONMENTAL responsabity

Re: Can Mux and Demux have more than 32 ports

Hello Tien, and welcome 😊

Are you developing on Windows or Linux ? Did you follow the quick starts described in https://wiki.scilab.org/Compilation%20of%20Scilab ?

Clement

tien.dang tien.dang

Re: Can Mux and Demux have more than 32 ports

I just followed this instruction and meet error when use "make all". I build
on Ubuntu. Can you provide me any dependencies software to build Scilab ?

Le 19/05/2020 à 12:26, tien.dang a écrit :
Dear all,
As title, Can I custom Mux and Demux block to have more than 32 ports, for
example: 64 ports as I need.
I try to re build source code base on Git repos but meet so many errors.
Thanks
Tien Dang

I am not an xcos user, but what about the following proposals:

  • use several MUX whose outputs are branched to another MUX. The output of this last one should be equivalent to the one of a big MUX. Shouldn't it?
    This "2-layer MUX set up" allows to "concatenate" up to 31*31 = 961 input channels, and to "split" the positioning of blocks of inputs in a more manageable way than with a single huge MUX block.
    Couldn't a MUX be considered as a columns concatenator, each column being a separate signal? So, concatenators might be nested in this way.

  • To build a big DEMUX, a somewhat symetric proposal:
    • from the single input, extract some ranges of channels with one or several EXTRACTOR blocks, with at most 31 bundled channels in the single output.
    • put a DEMUX after each EXTRACTOR, to split their channels as as many outputs.

These naive proposals should be tested. The 2-layer MUX setup looks to work when the final output is connected to a simple scope: then there are as many curves as primary inputs.

Could this match your requirements?

Untitled.zcos (6K) Download Attachment
tien.dang tien.dang