[Scilab-users] Cannot access module at atom.scilab

innama ana mundzir innama ana mundzir

[Scilab-users] Cannot access module at atom.scilab

Hi,

I want to download backdoor module but the download link is not working. Is there any other way to download the module.

My module manager@atom also is not working.

Thank you.

Re: Cannot access module at atom.scilab

Hi,

You could still use `atomsInstall foo.zip` to install a binary module. To download it, use the link
within the atoms.scilab.org website.

Re: Cannot access module at atom.scilab

Hello,

Le 22/08/2017 à 12:50, Clément David a écrit :
Hi,

You could still use `atomsInstall foo.zip` to install a binary module. To download it, use the link
within the atoms.scilab.org website.

It is impossible now for almost 2 full months to update existing ATOMS modules
-- noticeably for Scilab 6 -- or to create and upload new ones.
The red warning message telling something like "Dear visitors/customers, due to the migration, the service is suspended; it is no longer possible to login" was removed this week. But it is still impossible to login.
This message was quite clear about the fact that ATOMS does not really address users that are neither just tourists visitors nor customers aka creditworthy users.

It is quite easy to understand that maintaining a system that distributes some freely available resources is not a priority  for ESI and its business model.
This is why, IMO, the Scilab community should seriously consider relieving ESI from this pain
and set an external public server managed out of it. In the way, improvements about such an ATOMS
and FileExchange clone could be done in an open way.