[Scilab-users] Coding for a 3D Klein Bottle

arctica1963 arctica1963

[Scilab-users] Coding for a 3D Klein Bottle

Hello all,

I have been testing the latest version of Scilab (6.0.1) and have been looking at data visualisation of non-orientatable surfaces (e.g. Moebius, Klein Bottle etc.).

The Moebius strip was not hard to figure out, but I am having issues with the Klein Bottle.I have attched the code as is so far, uses the parametric equations from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Klein_bottle, for the 3D immersion of the bottle.

As a test, I used the old software Derive 6 to run the equations and it plots the bottle as correct. If anyone has pointers on this code that would be helpful.

Still learning Scilab!

Thanks
Lester

Klein.sce (984 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: Coding for a 3D Klein Bottle

Hello Lester,

The code was just missing many dots (* => .*, ^ = .^), to make operators working in an elementwise way (see attachement).
Fixing that makes the expected picture:

This could make a nice demo, in the Graphics => More surfaces  section.

Le 10/06/2018 à 12:51, Lester Anderson a écrit :
Hello all,

I have been testing the latest version of Scilab (6.0.1) and have been looking at data visualisation of non-orientatable surfaces (e.g. Moebius, Klein Bottle etc.).

The Moebius strip was not hard to figure out, but I am having issues with the Klein Bottle.I have attched the code as is so far, uses the parametric equations from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Klein_bottle, for the 3D immersion of the bottle.

As a test, I used the old software Derive 6 to run the equations and it plots the bottle as correct. If anyone has pointers on this code that would be helpful.

Still learning Scilab!

Thanks
Lester

Klein.sce (1022 bytes) Download Attachment
arctica1963 arctica1963

amfakkjmogmnhkoj.png (31K) Download Attachment
Philippe Roux Philippe Roux

Re: Coding for a 3D Klein Bottle

you can find other example of the Klein "Bottle" made with scilab :

http://rouxph.blogspot.com/2016/06/la-bouteille-de-klein.html

Philippe