[Scilab-users] Data acquisition with Scilab - 01 - Introduction

Witczenko Witczenko

[Scilab-users] Data acquisition with Scilab - 01 - Introduction

Dear Scilabers,
In these post, I want to show you how to use Scilab for data acquisition
with free MicroDAQ toolbox.
I hope it would be helpful for some of you.

MicroDAQ Toolbox lets you make a variety of measurements directly from
Scilab without the need to
convert the data or import from other software. The toolbox includes
functions for controlling analog inputs,
analog outputs, digital I/O (quadrature encoders, PWM).
In this post, I want to focus on acquiring an analog signal.

Let's start by installing latest toolbox version:
atomsInstall("microdaq");

Once toolbox is installed we can check what MicroDAQ unit we've connected to
our PC.
mdaqHWInfo();
<http://mailinglists.scilab.org/file/t497333/hwInfo.png>

Now we can start the main part. By using two commands from toolbox we can
configure
data acquisition session and acquire samples.

Here is the code:
*mdaqAIScanInit(1, [-10 10], %F, 1000000, 0.1);
data =mdaqAIScan(100000, %T);
plot(data);*

The first command sets analog channel 1 (AI1) with ±10V input range and
1Msps sampling rate for 0.1 second.
The second command reads acquired analog samples.

Link to
https://atoms.scilab.org/toolboxes/microdaq

Best Regards,
Witczenko

Heinz Nabielek Heinz Nabielek

[Scilab-users] Voronoi tessellation/ Delaunay triangulation in 3d in Scilab?

Dear Scilab friends,

I have 15,000 points in 3d space with known xyz Carthesian coordinates and the basic question is, if their arrangement is random or not.

I had been suggest to do Voronoi tessellation/ Delaunay triangulation. The famous problem of the location of the nearest public phone, but this is only 2d.

Would you be aware of a code fragment that helps in 3d? In either Scilab, C, C++ or FORTRAN?
Greetings
Heinz

Re: Voronoi tessellation/ Delaunay triangulation in 3d in Scilab?

Hello,

Le 26/06/2018 à 20:42, Heinz Nabielek a écrit :
Dear Scilab friends,

I have 15,000 points in 3d space with known xyz Carthesian coordinates and the basic question is, if their arrangement is random or not.

I had been suggest to do Voronoi tessellation/ Delaunay triangulation. The famous problem of the location of the nearest public phone, but this is only 2d.

The CGAL module has a 3D Delaunay function available for Scilab 6:
https://atoms.scilab.org/toolboxes/cglab/2.3.1
atomsInstall("cglab")

HTH

Heinz Nabielek-3 Heinz Nabielek-3

On 27.06.2018, at 01:27, Samuel Gougeon <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Le 26/06/2018 à 20:42, Heinz Nabielek a écrit :
>> Dear Scilab friends,
>>
>> I have 15,000 points in 3d space with known xyz Carthesian coordinates and the basic question is, if their arrangement is random or not.
>>
>> I had been suggest to do Voronoi tessellation/ Delaunay triangulation. The famous problem of the location of the nearest public phone, but this is only 2d.
>>

> The CGAL module has a 3D Delaunay function available for Scilab 6:
> https://atoms.scilab.org/toolboxes/cglab/2.3.1
> atomsInstall("cglab")

Thanks for the pointer, but does not work.

--> atomsInstall("cglab")
atomsInstallList: The package "cglab" is not registered.
Please check on the ATOMS repository that it is available for Scilab 6.0 on Darwin.

HOWEVER: REPOSITORY SAYS FOR "Toolboxes available on MACOSX":

CGLAB (10971 downloads, updated February 22, 2017)
Scilab interface to CGAL library
29 comments -  --> atomsInstall("cglab")

Where do I go from here?

Le 27/06/2018 à 01:45, Heinz Nabielek a écrit :

> On 27.06.2018, at 01:27, Samuel Gougeon <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Le 26/06/2018 à 20:42, Heinz Nabielek a écrit :
>>> Dear Scilab friends,
>>>
>>> I have 15,000 points in 3d space with known xyz Carthesian coordinates and the basic question is, if their arrangement is random or not.
>>>
>>> I had been suggest to do Voronoi tessellation/ Delaunay triangulation. The famous problem of the location of the nearest public phone, but this is only 2d.
>>>
>> The CGAL module has a 3D Delaunay function available for Scilab 6:
>> https://atoms.scilab.org/toolboxes/cglab/2.3.1
>> atomsInstall("cglab")
> Thanks for the pointer, but does not work.
>
> --> atomsInstall("cglab")
> atomsInstallList: The package "cglab" is not registered.
> Please check on the ATOMS repository that it is available for Scilab 6.0 on Darwin.
>
> HOWEVER: REPOSITORY SAYS FOR "Toolboxes available on MACOSX":

Right: For MacOS, up to Scilab 5.2, but no longer for more recent Scilab
versions.