[Scilab-users] Double and triple integral query

arctica1963 arctica1963

[Scilab-users] Double and triple integral query

Hello all,

I have looked at the int2d and int3d commands for double and triple integrals, but was wondering if there was a simple method of defining the input triangles or tetrahedrons (int2d and int3d respectively)?

It would be nice to just specify the function, limits and integration variable(s) e.g.:
double_integral (f(x,y), var_x, lower_x, upper_x, Var_y, lower_y, upper_y) etc

Thanks for any pointers

Lester

Christophe Dang Ngoc Chan Christophe Dang Ngoc Chan

> I have looked at the int2d and int3d commands for double and triple
> integrals, but was wondering if there was a simple method of defining
> the input triangles or tetrahedrons (int2d and int3d respectively)?

Do you mean something like meshgrid() but that would generate triangles?

https://help.scilab.org/docs/6.0.2/en_US/meshgrid.html

General

Re: Double and triple integral query

Hello,

Generating a 2d triangular mesh will be possible in 6.1 version, see

https://codereview.scilab.org/#/c/20681/

S.

Le 26/01/2020 à 12:45, Lester Anderson a écrit :
> Hello all,
>
> I have looked at the int2d and int3d commands for double and triple
> integrals, but was wondering if there was a simple method of defining
> the input triangles or tetrahedrons (int2d and int3d respectively)?

For int2d(): mesh2d() is restored as native Scilab function in Scilab 6.1.0:

http://bugzilla.scilab.org/attachment.cgi?id=4975
https://build.scilab.org/view/Scilab%20binaries/  (master)

For int3d(): the closest matching resources could be available in the
CGLAB module:
https://atoms.scilab.org/toolboxes/cglab

> It would be nice to just specify the function, limits and integration
> variable(s) e.g.:
> double_integral (f(x,y), var_x, lower_x, upper_x, Var_y, lower_y,
> upper_y) etc

Please feel free to post this wish on Bugzilla.

arctica1963 arctica1963

Re: Double and triple integral query

Thanks for the update Samuel.

Have added a bug/feature request related to the user input issue:

Scilab bugzilla: #16309

Lester