[Scilab-users] Efficiency map

Daniel Stringari Daniel Stringari

[Scilab-users] Efficiency map

This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Efficiency map

Hello Daniel,

There can be different answers depending on what you are trying to obtain at the end.

Do you need to smooth curves by themselves, or are you somewhat trying to build  a smooth surface based on iso-value curves (your TORQUE X SPEED curve ?) ?

In this latter case, can you provide the efficiency value associated to each TORQUE X SPEED curve ?

In the former case, you need some ordering of your data, e.g. by angle computed with center located at the mass center of points, then least squares splines could be applied more efficiently.

S.

Le 07/04/2020 à 00:13, Daniel Stringari a écrit :
Dear friends, I'm still a layman at SCILAB, but I'm using SCILAB this week to be able to plot an efficiency map through a routine I created on it. Basically the efficiency map is summarized in annex 1_0 and  annex 1_1(I took it from the internet to exemplify the problem), where through a TORQUE X SPEED curve I have efficiency lines.
In annex 2, I have an example of how my curve looks so far. Based on the example, I have two problems:
1) I tried to use the SPLIN function to interpolate the points, but it doesn't work considering that it works only with strictly increasing vectors. Any suggestions for me to smooth the curve?
2) When trying to add colors, I realized that most plotting functions do not work with values that are not real, which is my case ... All values with decimal places. Any suggestions for solving this other problem?

Friends, I appreciate any form of help...

Daniel Stringari Daniel Stringari

Re: Efficiency map

The curve I would like to plot is similar to the one attached. There are
several efficiency curves within a SPEEDxTORQUE chart. My problem comes down
to a spreadsheet generated by external software where I have three columns:
SPEED, TORQUE and EFFICIENCY. The data is all broken and so I have to put an
efficiency range to get data of just one efficiency. In this case, I created
a function that runs through this matrix to collect the SPEEDxTORQUE data
for efficiency (interval) and that is why I have several points nearby that
could be reduced to just one. These vectors that I sent initially correspond
to only one of these curves, if I'm not mistaken it's the 94% efficiency
curve. I was observing the function of contour curves and I thought it would
be possible to apply, since I will have to paint the graphic in the future.
But I don't know how to do that yet. It is worth mentioning that the points
vary according to the efficiency range, that is, it is not possible to
predict how many SPEEDxTORQUE points I will have.

Daniel Stringari Daniel Stringari

Re: Efficiency map

The curve I have so far is summarized in the attachment below.

Re: Efficiency map

You are taking the problem by the wrong tip. If I understand your
problem, you have scattered (x,y,z) data (x=speed, y=torque,
z=efficiency) and you want to approximate this data by a smooth surface
z=f(x,y) and want to draw level curves of this surface.

So, instead of focusing on curves first, you have to focus on the global
approximation of the surface,and the level curves will be easy to
determinate afterwards.

So please provide your data (you can send it to me in a private message)
if you want us to test different approaches.

S.