[Scilab-users] Flatpak package

Murmele Murmele

[Scilab-users] Flatpak package

Hello,

I'm trying to create a flatpak package of scilab. I try to compile scilab, but I have a different folder where the Eigen files are stored. Because of this i get the following error:

checking if Eigen is version 3.3.2 or later... configure: error: Version 3.3.2 of Eigen expected (at least)

I tried to add the path with the with-eigen-include argument, but it does not work:
"./scilab/configure --prefix=/app --with-eigen-include=/app/include/Eigen",

is there anybody who know how I can add the path to the eigen .h files?

Here you can find the flatpak manifest. When it is finish I will put it on github and create a pullrequest

Murmele Murmele

Re: Flatpak package

Hi Clément,

thank you for your help, I will try it with this.

Martin

Clément David <[hidden email]> schrieb am Mi., 4. Apr. 2018, 08:58:
Hello Martin,

Good idea ! I also have a first template of a Flatpak manifest with strong inspiration from the
Octave one [1] as dependencies are very similar. The bash script used to compile our thirdparties
[2] could also be a great source of inspiration.

For Eigen, the included files are prefixed like in `#include "Eigen/Eigen"`; you should probably
pass `--with-eigen-include=/app/include/` to make it work.

[1]: https://github.com/flathub/org.octave.Octave
[2]: https://github.com/scilab/scilab-prerequirements/blob/master/build-dependencies.sh

Le mardi 03 avril 2018 à 21:37 +0200, Martin Marmsoler a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to create a flatpak package of scilab. I try to compile scilab, but I have a different
> folder where the Eigen files are stored. Because of this i get the following error:
>
> checking if Eigen is version 3.3.2 or later... configure: error: Version 3.3.2 of Eigen expected
> (at least)
>
> I tried to add the path with the with-eigen-include argument, but it does not work:
> "./scilab/configure --prefix=/app --with-eigen-include=/app/include/Eigen",
>
> is there anybody who know how I can add the path to the eigen .h files?
>
> Here you can find the flatpak manifest. When it is finish I will put it on github and create a
> pullrequest
> https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ezxzm748xs4a4jj/AAATpX_LACHp81hDUdEIz6y4a?dl=0

Heinz Nabielek Heinz Nabielek

[Scilab-users] column vector consisting of the respective minima of every row in a given 2d matrix

Friends:

a need the column vector consisting of the respective minima of every row in a given 2d matrix. So, I started off

--> M=rand(3,2)
   0.2113249   0.3303271
   0.7560439   0.6653811
   0.0002211   0.6283918

--> mean(M,2)
   0.270826
   0.7107125
   0.3143065

THIS LOOKS PERFECT !

--> min(M,2)
   0.2113249   0.3303271
   0.7560439   0.6653811
   0.0002211   0.6283918

THIS IS NOT WHAT I WANT !! It gives me the minimum between "2" and the numbers in my 2d matrix.

How do I get the vector consisting of the respective minima of every row in M?

I can do it with a FOR-LOOP, but that would be clumsy......
Heinz
Jared Smothermon Jared Smothermon

Re: column vector consisting of the respective minima of every row in a given 2d matrix

Heinz,

M=rand(3,2)
min(M,'c')

The 'c' in the min(.) function specifies that you want a column vector,
which therefore means each element of the vector is found from across
the rows.

Regards,

jared

On 4/5/2018 9:34 AM, Heinz Nabielek wrote:

> Friends:
>
> a need the column vector consisting of the respective minima of every row in a given 2d matrix. So, I started off
>
> --> M=rand(3,2)
>     0.2113249   0.3303271
>     0.7560439   0.6653811
>     0.0002211   0.6283918
>

> --> mean(M,2)
>     0.270826
>     0.7107125
>     0.3143065
>
> THIS LOOKS PERFECT !
>

> --> min(M,2)
>     0.2113249   0.3303271
>     0.7560439   0.6653811
>     0.0002211   0.6283918
>
> THIS IS NOT WHAT I WANT !! It gives me the minimum between "2" and the numbers in my 2d matrix.
>
> How do I get the vector consisting of the respective minima of every row in M?
>
> I can do it with a FOR-LOOP, but that would be clumsy......
> Heinz

Re: column vector consisting of the respective minima of every row in a given 2d matrix

min(M,’c’)

> Le 5 avr. 2018 à 16:34, Heinz Nabielek <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> Friends:
>
> a need the column vector consisting of the respective minima of every row in a given 2d matrix. So, I started off
>
> --> M=rand(3,2)
>   0.2113249   0.3303271
>   0.7560439   0.6653811
>   0.0002211   0.6283918
>

> --> mean(M,2)
>   0.270826
>   0.7107125
>   0.3143065
>
> THIS LOOKS PERFECT !
>

> --> min(M,2)
>   0.2113249   0.3303271
>   0.7560439   0.6653811
>   0.0002211   0.6283918
>
> THIS IS NOT WHAT I WANT !! It gives me the minimum between "2" and the numbers in my 2d matrix.
>
> How do I get the vector consisting of the respective minima of every row in M?
>
> I can do it with a FOR-LOOP, but that would be clumsy......
> Heinz
Heinz Nabielek-3 Heinz Nabielek-3

Re: column vector consisting of the respective minima of every row in a given 2d matrix

Achhhhh
Thanks

Sent from Heinz Nabielek

> On 05 Apr 2018, at 18:08, Stéphane Mottelet <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> min(M,’c’)
>
>> Le 5 avr. 2018 à 16:34, Heinz Nabielek <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>>
>> Friends:
>>
>> a need the column vector consisting of the respective minima of every row in a given 2d matrix. So, I started off
>>
>> --> M=rand(3,2)
>>  0.2113249   0.3303271
>>  0.7560439   0.6653811
>>  0.0002211   0.6283918
>>

>> --> mean(M,2)
>>  0.270826
>>  0.7107125
>>  0.3143065
>>
>> THIS LOOKS PERFECT !
>>

>> --> min(M,2)
>>  0.2113249   0.3303271
>>  0.7560439   0.6653811
>>  0.0002211   0.6283918
>>
>> THIS IS NOT WHAT I WANT !! It gives me the minimum between "2" and the numbers in my 2d matrix.
>>
>> How do I get the vector consisting of the respective minima of every row in M?
>>
>> I can do it with a FOR-LOOP, but that would be clumsy......
>> Heinz
Heinz Nabielek-3 Heinz Nabielek-3

Re: column vector consisting of the respective minima of every row in a given 2d matrix

Coming from FORTRAN snd C, the 'c' notation is strange. But great, if it works.....

Sent from Heinz Nabielek

> On 05 Apr 2018, at 17:54, Jared Smothermon <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Heinz,
>
> M=rand(3,2)
> min(M,'c')
>
> The 'c' in the min(.) function specifies that you want a column vector, which therefore means each element of the vector is found from across the rows.
>
> Regards,
>
> jared
>

>> On 4/5/2018 9:34 AM, Heinz Nabielek wrote:
>> Friends:
>>
>> a need the column vector consisting of the respective minima of every row in a given 2d matrix. So, I started off
>>
>> --> M=rand(3,2)
>>    0.2113249   0.3303271
>>    0.7560439   0.6653811
>>    0.0002211   0.6283918
>>

>> --> mean(M,2)
>>    0.270826
>>    0.7107125
>>    0.3143065
>>
>> THIS LOOKS PERFECT !
>>

>> --> min(M,2)
>>    0.2113249   0.3303271
>>    0.7560439   0.6653811
>>    0.0002211   0.6283918
>>
>> THIS IS NOT WHAT I WANT !! It gives me the minimum between "2" and the numbers in my 2d matrix.
>>
>> How do I get the vector consisting of the respective minima of every row in M?
>>
>> I can do it with a FOR-LOOP, but that would be clumsy......
>> Heinz
Murmele Murmele

Re: Flatpak package

while I'm trying to pack scilab into a flatpak package, I get the following error:
configure: error: libumfpack : Library missing. (Cannot find umfpack_di_solve). Check if libumfpack is installed and if the version is correct (also called lib suitesparse)

If I'm locking for the file umfpack_di_solve, I don't find one. Do I need to download this file my self?

Best regards,

Martin

Hello Martin,

Good idea ! I also have a first template of a Flatpak manifest with strong inspiration from the
Octave one [1] as dependencies are very similar. The bash script used to compile our thirdparties
[2] could also be a great source of inspiration.

For Eigen, the included files are prefixed like in `#include "Eigen/Eigen"`; you should probably
pass `--with-eigen-include=/app/include/` to make it work.

[1]: https://github.com/flathub/org.octave.Octave
[2]: https://github.com/scilab/scilab-prerequirements/blob/master/build-dependencies.sh

Le mardi 03 avril 2018 à 21:37 +0200, Martin Marmsoler a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to create a flatpak package of scilab. I try to compile scilab, but I have a different
> folder where the Eigen files are stored. Because of this i get the following error:
>
> checking if Eigen is version 3.3.2 or later... configure: error: Version 3.3.2 of Eigen expected
> (at least)
>
> I tried to add the path with the with-eigen-include argument, but it does not work:
> "./scilab/configure --prefix=/app --with-eigen-include=/app/include/Eigen",
>
> is there anybody who know how I can add the path to the eigen .h files?
>
> Here you can find the flatpak manifest. When it is finish I will put it on github and create a
> pullrequest
> https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ezxzm748xs4a4jj/AAATpX_LACHp81hDUdEIz6y4a?dl=0

jean-philippe grivet jean-philippe grivet

[Scilab-users] pixel level programming

Hello,

I would like to know whether and how it is possible to program
individual pixels within a Scilab figure ? I have in mind a simple
application: a disk moves inside a bounded region and changes the colour
of every pixel it sweeps over.  Thanks for your hints.

JP Grivet

---

Re: Flatpak package

libumfpack (sometimes packed with suitesparse) is a Scilab dependency and is listed in the Octave
flatpak package. You have to add it and pass the global appdir/lib appdir/include directories to the
LDFLAGS and CXXFLAGS / CFLAGS variables.

Feel free to also patch the configure.ac and m4/ files to support this directory.

Le samedi 14 avril 2018 à 15:10 +0200, Martin Marmsoler a écrit :

> Hello,
>
> while I'm trying to pack scilab into a flatpak package, I get the following error:
> configure: error: libumfpack : Library missing. (Cannot find umfpack_di_solve). Check if
> libumfpack is installed and if the version is correct (also called lib suitesparse)
>
> If I'm locking for the file umfpack_di_solve, I don't find one. Do I need to download this file my
> self?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Martin

> > Hello Martin,
> >
> > Good idea ! I also have a first template of a Flatpak manifest with strong inspiration from the
> > Octave one [1] as dependencies are very similar. The bash script used to compile our
> > thirdparties
> > [2] could also be a great source of inspiration.
> >
> > For Eigen, the included files are prefixed like in `#include "Eigen/Eigen"`; you should probably
> > pass `--with-eigen-include=/app/include/` to make it work.
> >
> > [1]: https://github.com/flathub/org.octave.Octave
> > [2]: https://github.com/scilab/scilab-prerequirements/blob/master/build-dependencies.sh
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > --
> > Clément
> >
> > Le mardi 03 avril 2018 à 21:37 +0200, Martin Marmsoler a écrit :
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I'm trying to create a flatpak package of scilab. I try to compile scilab, but I have a
> > different
> > > folder where the Eigen files are stored. Because of this i get the following error:
> > >
> > > checking if Eigen is version 3.3.2 or later... configure: error: Version 3.3.2 of Eigen
> > expected
> > > (at least)
> > >
> > > I tried to add the path with the with-eigen-include argument, but it does not work:
> > > "./scilab/configure --prefix=/app --with-eigen-include=/app/include/Eigen",
> > >
> > > is there anybody who know how I can add the path to the eigen .h files?
> > >
> > > Here you can find the flatpak manifest. When it is finish I will put it on github and create a
> > > pullrequest
> > > https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ezxzm748xs4a4jj/AAATpX_LACHp81hDUdEIz6y4a?dl=0

der_Phil der_Phil

Re: pixel level programming

Hi Grivet,

weather...yes it is

how.......if you know:

- the pixel coordinate of the pixel you want to manipulate and
- how to work with colormap ...

you should be able to manipulate a single pixel

For a start I suggest you understand how Matplot() works.
This is used in IPD to draw the image, when the ShowImage() command is used.

simple Example:

img = ones(100,100) * 256;        // white image with sioze of 100 x 100 px
ShowImage(img, "white image");
img(50,50) = 0;                         // set a single pixel to zero (= black)
ShowImage(img, "white image with one single black pixel");

Hth,
Philipp

I would like to know whether and how it is possible to program individual pixels within a Scilab figure ? I have in mind a simple application: a disk moves inside a bounded region and changes the colour of every pixel it sweeps over.  Thanks for your hints.

JP Grivet

---

In Kanada is' ka' na' da. Sonst wär' Kanada Jemanda.

There we have the salad.