[Scilab-users] Function "locate" for 3d graphs

Iza Iza

[Scilab-users] Function "locate" for 3d graphs

Hello,

I've got another question. Is there a function like "locate" but
appropriate for param3d plot. I would like to pick some points from my
param3d plot.

Regards,
Iza
André FS André FS

Re: Function "locate" for 3d graphs

Hi Iza,

What if you use the linear_interpn [1]?

[1] https://help.scilab.org/doc/5.3.3/en_US/linear_interpn.html

Regards,

André

Em qui, 14 de jun de 2018 às 08:30, Izabela Wójcik-Grząba <[hidden email]> escreveu:
Hello,

I've got another question. Is there a function like "locate" but
appropriate for param3d plot. I would like to pick some points from my
param3d plot.

Regards,
Iza

Christophe Dang Ngoc Chan Christophe Dang Ngoc Chan

Re: {EXT} Re: Function "locate" for 3d graphs

Of course, if points are part of a graph it is doable. But a « locate » giving raw 3D coordinates has no sense...

S.

> Le 15 juin 2018 à 09:24, Dang Ngoc Chan, Christophe <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> Hello,

Iza Iza

Re: {EXT} Re: Function "locate" for 3d graphs

Yes, I thought about the situation when the points are part of the
graph. As there is no such function in Scilab I will have to manage with
it in a different way. Thanks all.

Iza

W dniu 15.06.2018 10:48, Stéphane Mottelet napisał(a):

> Of course, if points are part of a graph it is doable. But a « locate
> » giving raw 3D coordinates has no sense...
>
> S.
>
>> Le 15 juin 2018 à 09:24, Dang Ngoc Chan, Christophe
>> <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>>
>> Hello,

Hello Izabela,

locate() is being fixed against 3 bugs in 2D @
https://codereview.scilab.org/#/c/20018/
But beyond this, you are right, it could deserve to be upgraded in order
to become
usable in 3D.
Please do not hesitate to post a report for this wish, on bugzilla.

The interactive java curve editor is already able to edit 3D curves:
param3d() + right-click on the curve and edit its points.

But locate() and xchange() presently work only in 2D.

Rafael Guerra Rafael Guerra

Re: Function "locate" for 3d graphs

Hi Iza,

Not sure if this is what you need but I wrote the following code you can try on:

// START OF CODE
//From param3d datatips to data vector
clear
clf
param3d()
datatipManagerMode(gcf())
// Edit --> Start Datatip manager --> Stop Datatip manager
input("ENTER to continue after stopping datatips","string")
e = gce()
n = size(e.datatips,1);
x = zeros(n,3);
for i=1:n