[Scilab-users] Function to read Excel xlsx file into SCILAB

Samuel Enibe Samuel Enibe

[Scilab-users] Function to read Excel xlsx file into SCILAB

Dear SCILAB users,

is there a direct function available in SCILAB to read an Excel .xlsx file (Excel 2007 or later) into SCILAB.

I know I could open it in Excel and use the SaveAs menu to first convert it to .xls file, but a direct SCILAB function would be faster when handling many files.

Thank you very much.

God bless you.

Samuel  Enibe
University of Nigeria, Nsukka, Nigeria

Rafael Guerra Rafael Guerra

Re: Function to read Excel xlsx file into SCILAB

I am not aware of such direct function.

A trick that I find quite useful is the possibility to copy data from Excel directly into Scilab via the Windows clipboard.

See ones example below.

// First copy an Excel data range to clipboard then run Scilab commands:

str = clipboard("paste");

M = evstr(strsplit(str,ascii(10)));

Regards,

Rafael

Re: Function to read Excel xlsx file into SCILAB

Hello Samuel,

https://atoms.scilab.org/toolboxes/xls_link is the module likely the most fitting to your need.

There is no indication in the description about the support to .xlsx.
But if you did not do it yet, you may try using it.

Best regards
Samuel Gougeon

Le 13/03/2018 à 18:18, Samuel Enibe a écrit :
Dear SCILAB users,

is there a direct function available in SCILAB to read an Excel .xlsx file (Excel 2007 or later) into SCILAB.

I know I could open it in Excel and use the SaveAs menu to first convert it to .xls file, but a direct SCILAB function would be faster when handling many files.

Thank you very much.

God bless you.

Samuel  Enibe
University of Nigeria, Nsukka, Nigeria