[Scilab-users] How to unlock scilab console during Xcos simulation ?

Grzegorz Grzegorz

[Scilab-users] How to unlock scilab console during Xcos simulation ?

Hi all,

I use Xcos model to control real plant. While xcos simulation is running I can use custom Scilab functions to change plant behaviour, but function call is executed after Xcos simulation ends.

Is it possible to ulock scilab console during Xcos simulation and call function during Xcos simulation ?

Regards Grzegorz

Re: How to unlock scilab console during Xcos simulation ?

Hi,

You have to be aware that launching an Xcos simulation execute Scilab
code. As Scilab is not multi-threaded, executing some code lock the
interpreters and commands are just pushed on the execution queue for
future execution.

One way to execute Scilab code while an Xcos simulation is possible
though : just implement a Scilab block ! For exemple, take a look at the
"TKSCALE" block (with a "tkscaleblk" Scilab simulation function).

In my view, implementing a specific GUI for your real plant might be
quiet similar to the TKSCALE code.