[Scilab-users] How to zoom in correctly

jaipur jaipur

[Scilab-users] How to zoom in correctly

I'm looking forward to your suggestion.

After drawing 3D image, you can zoom in by using mouse wheel.

When I draw plot3d and want to zoom in at the top of hill, for example,
mouse wheel result in vacant hole as the following image.
Could someone suggest how to zoom in at the desired point of a image? Shall
I treat properties of axes?

Regards
Hiroshi Tachihara

Chin Luh Tan Chin Luh Tan

Re: How to zoom in correctly

have u tried "pan down"? hold left mouse button and move the mouse.

rgds,
CL

---- On Sat, 09 Nov 2019 20:59:35 +0800 jaipur <[hidden email]> wrote ----

Le 09/11/2019 à 14:22, Chin Luh Tan a écrit :
have u tried "pan down"? hold left mouse button and move the mouse.

Yes, but the ALT key (as ALTitude) must be pressed (this is not documented).

It is also possible to use the 3D selection zoom:

jaipur jaipur

Re: How to zoom in correctly

Yes,  I know the way of holding left mouse button and move.
But it works just after some activity of zooming in. When making first
zooming in, vacant hole appears on the top of hill.
In order to keep the top of hill (the point I want to zoom in) within the
image, I may have to set up some properties of axes. However, I don't know
that way.

H.T.

Heinz Nabielek-3 Heinz Nabielek-3

[Scilab-users] fill the area between two curves with a colour?

Is there a way, to fill the area between two 2d-curves with a colour?

Heinz
jaipur jaipur

Re: How to zoom in correctly

Thank you very much, Mr. Samuel GOUGEON.

I understand both ways of ALT key pressed pan and 3D selection zoom.

Best regards,
Hiroshi Tachihara

Re: How to zoom in correctly

Le 09/11/2019 à 14:59, jaipur a écrit :
Thank you very much, Mr. Samuel GOUGEON.

I understand both ways of ALT key pressed pan and 3D selection zoom.

You can do the same with the gca().zoom_box property.
About it: Beware that the order of entries is not regular:

As documented, the correct setting is
[xmin,ymin, xmax,ymax, zmin,zmax]

NOT

[xmin,ymin,zmin, xmax,ymax,zmax]

NOR
[xmin,xmax, ymin,ymax, zmin,zmax]

as we could have expected, but that do not do what we want.

Chin Luh Tan Chin Luh Tan

Re: How to zoom in correctly

Thanks samuel for pointing out the ALT key.

Another way of zooming in with certain point as the center is to point your mouse cursor to the location you want to show all time, (for e.g ur case, the peak), and only then you scroll the mouse wheel.

rgds,
CL

---- On Sat, 09 Nov 2019 21:59:48 +0800 jaipur <[hidden email]> wrote ----

Thank you very much, Mr. Samuel GOUGEON.

I understand both ways of ALT key pressed pan and 3D selection zoom.

Best regards,
Hiroshi Tachihara

Re: fill the area between two curves with a colour?

Le 09/11/2019 à 14:56, Heinz Nabielek a écrit :
> Is there a way, to fill the area between two 2d-curves with a colour?
Please stop hijacking an existing thread with a new topic. Open a fresh
thread.

jaipur jaipur

Re: How to zoom in correctly

Thanks for all. I understand correct way to zoom in.

Then I have one more question.
At my first question, I found vacant holes appear when zooming in.
Why do these holes appear and how can we zoom in without such holes? Shall I
treat some properties of axes or figure?

Re: How to zoom in correctly

Le 10/11/2019 à 06:36, jaipur a écrit :
> Thanks for all. I understand correct way to zoom in.
>
> Then I have one more question.
> At my first question, I found vacant holes appear when zooming in.
> Why do these holes appear and how can we zoom in without such holes? Shall I
> treat some properties of axes or figure?

The surface is hollow, and any part of a graphic beyond the axes bounds
is clipped.
Do you mean you are looking for filling the flat ceiling and flooring
parts with some opaque paint?
If so, AFAIK there is no way to do this.

jaipur jaipur

Re: How to zoom in correctly

I would like to say that I expected a plot3d image expands with automatic
expansion of x-, y- and z-axes during zooming in by wheel. However, axes box
size actually does not expand and x-, y-, z-ticks just move within the box.
This reached to the result that axes box size is unchanged and a plot3d
image is clipped at the boundaries as holes.

To avoid this clip and let whole image of plot3d expand, shall I change some
property of axes concerning clipping and so on?

Re: How to zoom in correctly

Le 10/11/2019 à 13:46, jaipur a écrit :
I would like to say that I expected a plot3d image expands with automatic
expansion of x-, y- and z-axes during zooming in by wheel. However, axes box
size actually does not expand and x-, y-, z-ticks just move within the box.
This reached to the result that axes box size is unchanged and a plot3d
image is clipped at the boundaries as holes.

To avoid this clip and let whole image of plot3d expand, shall I change some
property of axes concerning clipping and so on?

gce().clip_state = "off";

jaipur jaipur

Re: How to zoom in correctly

I understand that the handle of which property of 'clip_state ' have to be
set to 'off' is gce(), not gca()!!!

Thanks a lot a lot a lot.