[Scilab-users] Issue with Using atomsTest

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
10 messages Options
Tan Chin Luh-2 Tan Chin Luh-2
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

[Scilab-users] Issue with Using atomsTest

Hi,

Just to check whether anyone encounter issues with the atomsTest function.

When running the test_run, all the tests passed. However, when running
the atomsTest, all tests fail with the error: failed: Slave Scilab
exited with error code 1. the log file gives :

Start Toolbox Skeleton
     Load macros
     Load gateways
     Load Java libraries
     Load help
     Load demos

Start Toolbox Skeleton
WARNING: Toolbox skeleton library is already loaded
at line    15 of executed file
D:\scilab\scilab-6.0.0\contrib\toolbox_skeleton\0.1.0\loader.sce

exec: error on line #67: "Redefining permanent variable." Remove help
chapter


How to reproduce:

1. Install any Scilab 6 module with unittest with atoms

2. run atomsTest and test_run to see the differences.


Thanks.


rgds,
CL




_______________________________________________
users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.scilab.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Clément David-3 Clément David-3
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Issue with Using atomsTest

Hello Chin Luh,

Thanks for reporting that, it seems to be a bug on our side ; could your report it please ?

--
Clément

Le mercredi 22 mars 2017 à 11:54 +0800, Tan Chin Luh a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> Just to check whether anyone encounter issues with the atomsTest function.
>
> When running the test_run, all the tests passed. However, when running 
> the atomsTest, all tests fail with the error: failed: Slave Scilab 
> exited with error code 1. the log file gives :
>
> Start Toolbox Skeleton
>      Load macros
>      Load gateways
>      Load Java libraries
>      Load help
>      Load demos
>
> Start Toolbox Skeleton
> WARNING: Toolbox skeleton library is already loaded
> at line    15 of executed file 
> D:\scilab\scilab-6.0.0\contrib\toolbox_skeleton\0.1.0\loader.sce
>
> exec: error on line #67: "Redefining permanent variable." Remove help 
> chapter
>
>
> How to reproduce:
>
> 1. Install any Scilab 6 module with unittest with atoms
>
> 2. run atomsTest and test_run to see the differences.
>
>
> Thanks.
>
>
> rgds,
> CL
>
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.scilab.org/mailman/listinfo/users
_______________________________________________
users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.scilab.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Samuel GOUGEON Samuel GOUGEON
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Issue with Using atomsTest

In reply to this post by Tan Chin Luh-2
Hi,

Le 22/03/2017 à 04:54, Tan Chin Luh a écrit :
Hi,

Just to check whether anyone encounter issues with the atomsTest function.

When running the test_run, all the tests passed. However, when running the atomsTest, all tests fail with the error: failed: Slave Scilab exited with error code 1. the log file gives :

Start Toolbox Skeleton
    Load macros
    Load gateways
    Load Java libraries
    Load help
    Load demos

Start Toolbox Skeleton
WARNING: Toolbox skeleton library is already loaded
at line    15 of executed file D:\scilab\scilab-6.0.0\contrib\toolbox_skeleton\0.1.0\loader.sce

exec: error on line #67: "Redefining permanent variable." Remove help chapter

I don't know how you get this error, because i am unable to load the Toolbox_skeleton:
it is provided without any loader. It must be built before, and it requires a compiler.

But I did a test for another toolbox, namely with stixbox that has only macros.
stixbox is already provided for Scilab 6.0, but all its tests fail whatever is the way running them.
The reason is that its macros directory includes the lib file as generated by genlib(),
but most of .bin files are missing, as if they were removed after the compilation!
So, most of its functions are actually unknown, as documented when using the
"show_error" test_run() option.

As a consequence, i am not sure that there is any generic bug about test_run() or atomsTest().
Here, clearly, the error is from the packaging of the stixbox 2.5 ATOMS module.

But may be i tried with the bad guy and most of other modules are OK. Except Toolbox_skeleton as bad.

Samuel








How to reproduce:

1. Install any Scilab 6 module with unittest with atoms

2. run atomsTest and test_run to see the differences.


Thanks.


rgds,
CL




_______________________________________________
users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.scilab.org/mailman/listinfo/users



_______________________________________________
users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.scilab.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Tan Chin Luh-2 Tan Chin Luh-2
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Issue with Using atomsTest

In reply to this post by Clément David-3
Hi Clément,

Thanks for your reply. Bug reported :
http://bugzilla.scilab.org/show_bug.cgi?id=15094

Regards,
Chin Luh


On 22/3/2017 10:08 PM, Clément David wrote:

> Hello Chin Luh,
>
> Thanks for reporting that, it seems to be a bug on our side ; could your report it please ?
>
> --
> Clément
>
> Le mercredi 22 mars 2017 à 11:54 +0800, Tan Chin Luh a écrit :
>> Hi,
>>
>> Just to check whether anyone encounter issues with the atomsTest function.
>>
>> When running the test_run, all the tests passed. However, when running
>> the atomsTest, all tests fail with the error: failed: Slave Scilab
>> exited with error code 1. the log file gives :
>>
>> Start Toolbox Skeleton
>>       Load macros
>>       Load gateways
>>       Load Java libraries
>>       Load help
>>       Load demos
>>
>> Start Toolbox Skeleton
>> WARNING: Toolbox skeleton library is already loaded
>> at line    15 of executed file
>> D:\scilab\scilab-6.0.0\contrib\toolbox_skeleton\0.1.0\loader.sce
>>
>> exec: error on line #67: "Redefining permanent variable." Remove help
>> chapter
>>
>>
>> How to reproduce:
>>
>> 1. Install any Scilab 6 module with unittest with atoms
>>
>> 2. run atomsTest and test_run to see the differences.
>>
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>>
>> rgds,
>> CL
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> users mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> http://lists.scilab.org/mailman/listinfo/users
> _______________________________________________
> users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.scilab.org/mailman/listinfo/users


_______________________________________________
users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.scilab.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Tan Chin Luh-2 Tan Chin Luh-2
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Issue with Using atomsTest

In reply to this post by Samuel GOUGEON
Hi Samuel,

What I did for the Toolbox Skeleton was:
1. Compile it
2. Manually zip it
3. atomsInstall the zip file.

Then I could use the test_run and atomsTest to see the result.

Thanks.

Regards,
Chin Luh


On 23/3/2017 8:12 AM, Samuel Gougeon wrote:
Hi,

Le 22/03/2017 à 04:54, Tan Chin Luh a écrit :
Hi,

Just to check whether anyone encounter issues with the atomsTest function.

When running the test_run, all the tests passed. However, when running the atomsTest, all tests fail with the error: failed: Slave Scilab exited with error code 1. the log file gives :

Start Toolbox Skeleton
    Load macros
    Load gateways
    Load Java libraries
    Load help
    Load demos

Start Toolbox Skeleton
WARNING: Toolbox skeleton library is already loaded
at line    15 of executed file D:\scilab\scilab-6.0.0\contrib\toolbox_skeleton\0.1.0\loader.sce

exec: error on line #67: "Redefining permanent variable." Remove help chapter

I don't know how you get this error, because i am unable to load the Toolbox_skeleton:
it is provided without any loader. It must be built before, and it requires a compiler.

But I did a test for another toolbox, namely with stixbox that has only macros.
stixbox is already provided for Scilab 6.0, but all its tests fail whatever is the way running them.
The reason is that its macros directory includes the lib file as generated by genlib(),
but most of .bin files are missing, as if they were removed after the compilation!
So, most of its functions are actually unknown, as documented when using the
"show_error" test_run() option.

As a consequence, i am not sure that there is any generic bug about test_run() or atomsTest().
Here, clearly, the error is from the packaging of the stixbox 2.5 ATOMS module.

But may be i tried with the bad guy and most of other modules are OK. Except Toolbox_skeleton as bad.

Samuel








How to reproduce:

1. Install any Scilab 6 module with unittest with atoms

2. run atomsTest and test_run to see the differences.


Thanks.


rgds,
CL




_______________________________________________
users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.scilab.org/mailman/listinfo/users




_______________________________________________
users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.scilab.org/mailman/listinfo/users



_______________________________________________
users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.scilab.org/mailman/listinfo/users
David Chèze David Chèze
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Issue with Using atomsTest

In reply to this post by Samuel GOUGEON
Hi Samuel,

did you find a workaround to make the stixbox 2.5 module running on scilab 6 in the end? I submitted bug at bugzilla (scilab side) and on the forge (stixbox module) on this specific issue but did not receive any comments since then.

Thank you,

David
Samuel GOUGEON Samuel GOUGEON
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Issue with Using atomsTest

Hello David,

Le 18/07/2017 à 15:12, David Chèze a écrit :
Hi Samuel,

did you find a workaround to make the stixbox 2.5 module running on scilab 6
in the end? I submitted bug at bugzilla (scilab side) and on the forge
(stixbox module) on this specific issue but did not receive any comments
since then.

Yes: stixbox crashes because all .bin files have been removed after genlib()ing it and before packaging it as a loadable and runnable module.
So, the library is well loaded by stixbox.start, but then, at the first call of any binless macro, it crashes.
Workaround: Do the following once. It will then be ok forever:

// after loading it:
[?,path] = libraryinfo("stixboxlib");
cwd = pwd();
cd(path);
genlib stixboxlib
cd(cwd)

and then use it as expected.

Samuel


_______________________________________________
users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.scilab.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Samuel GOUGEON Samuel GOUGEON
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Issue with Using atomsTest

Le 18/07/2017 à 15:50, Samuel Gougeon a écrit :

Workaround: Do the following once. It will then be ok forever:

// after loading it:
[?,path] = libraryinfo("stixboxlib");
cwd = pwd();
cd(path);
genlib stixboxlib
cd(cwd)

If for you stixbox is autoloaded at startup, you need to insert the following just before genlib:

predef clear

_______________________________________________
users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.scilab.org/mailman/listinfo/users
David Chèze David Chèze
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Issue with Using atomsTest

Thank you Samuel

 

I’ll have a try and let you know.

 

 

David

 

 

De : users [mailto:[hidden email]] De la part de Samuel Gougeon
Envoyé : mardi 18 juillet 2017 15:56
À : [hidden email]
Objet : Re: [Scilab-users] Issue with Using atomsTest

 

Le 18/07/2017 à 15:50, Samuel Gougeon a écrit :


Workaround: Do the following once. It will then be ok forever:

// after loading it:

[?,path] = libraryinfo("stixboxlib");
cwd = pwd();
cd(path);
genlib stixboxlib
cd(cwd)


If for you stixbox is autoloaded at startup, you need to insert the following just before genlib:

predef clear


_______________________________________________
users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.scilab.org/mailman/listinfo/users
David Chèze David Chèze
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Issue with Using atomsTest

Hi all,
to make it works actually, I needed to force the genlib. Following your recommandations:
David Chèze wrote
// after loading it:

[?,path] = libraryinfo("stixboxlib");

cwd = pwd();

cd(path);

genlib stixboxlib

cd(cwd)

If for you stixbox is autoloaded at startup, you need to insert the following just before genlib:

predef clear
I just replaced genlib stixbox by genlib("stixboxlib",path,%t)


Thank you

David
Loading...