[Scilab-users] MinGW makes my Scilab session very unstable (crashs)

[Scilab-users] MinGW makes my Scilab session very unstable (crashs)

Dear co-scilabers,

Since i installed recently the MinGW compiler and its Scilab interface
https://atoms.scilab.org/toolboxes/mingw/0.10.5
and i initialized it (loading the module a first time),
my Scilab sessions are much more instable, even when the minGW ATOMS module is NOT loaded.

I get some hard immediate crashs for simple instructions, in a non reproducible way.
I can't work more than ~200 rows of instructions without such impredictable crash.
I use Scilab on Windows 7 64 bits.

I have not tried yet to uninstall the compiler to see if i get back stable sessions.
But installing this compiler is the only thing that changed on my computer.

Does anyone use MinGW in a soft stable way on Windows?

Looking forward to reading from you soon,

Re: MinGW makes my Scilab session very unstable (crashs)

Dear co-scilabers,

Since i installed recently the MinGW compiler and its Scilab interface
https://atoms.scilab.org/toolboxes/mingw/0.10.5
and i initialized it (loading the module a first time),
my Scilab sessions are much more instable, even when the minGW ATOMS module is NOT loaded.

I get some hard immediate crashs for simple instructions, in a non reproducible way.
I can't work more than ~200 rows of instructions without such impredictable crash.
I use Scilab on Windows 7 64 bits.

I have not tried yet to uninstall the compiler to see if i get back stable sessions.
But installing this compiler is the only thing that changed on my computer.

Does anyone use MinGW in a soft stable way on Windows?

It works like a charm on my Virtualbox VM (Windows 7 64 bits). I don't understand your problems, as I thought (to be veryfied) that the gcc "solutions "package just copied files in /Users/userid/gcc ?

S.

Looking forward to reading from you soon,

Alain LAMY Alain LAMY

Re: MinGW makes my Scilab session very unstable (crashs)

Hi Samuel,

I use the same version of MinGW (0.10.5) on Windows and I never noticed anything wrong.

The only difference  with you could be the way MinGW is loaded : for me it’s not through ATOMS but simply by executing :

exec("…\mingw_0.10.5\loader.sce")

in Scilab.ini file.

Alain

Re: MinGW makes my Scilab session very unstable (crashs)

Stéphane, Alain,

Thanks for your answers.
The latest MinGW 0.10.5 is distributed for Scilab 6.0.x, while i have installed it for Scilab master, that is now 6.1.x-, and issues that i have are with Scilab master.
Since MinGW builds some DLLs (does it?), i am not sure that the current MinGW configuration is Scilab 6.1-compatible.
I will try on Scilab 6.0.2.