[Scilab-users] News: Scilab 6 Beta, VISA Toolbox, Embedded World 2016

yanndebray yanndebray

[Scilab-users] News: Scilab 6 Beta, VISA Toolbox, Embedded World 2016

Hello Scilab user,

It has been a while since we last shared news with you. Here are some recent updates we hope you will like.

Scilab 6 Beta

Scilab 6.0 is a major new release of Scilab, the open source modeling & simulation platform. This beta version is a preview for all users, commercial as well as community.

What's new:

--> New computation core enabling bigger data sets
--> Improved Xcos allowing larger models
--> Utilities for development productivity (debugger, profiler and coverage)

To provide relevant informations to the user, we also introduced a new view called "Newsfeed".
The release will come soon, so feel free to give us feedback about your experience.

Find out more

Signal acquisition and instrument control
with the Scilab VISA Toolbox (beta version)

In partnership with National Instruments, we have developed a Scilab interface for measurement devices from leading manufacturers (National Instruments, Agilent/HP, ... )

Here is the first version of this VISA toolbox for signal acquisition and instrument control. This is a beta version: your feedbacks are welcome.

The Virtual Instrument Software Architecture (VISA) is a standard for configuring, programming, and troubleshooting instrumentation systems comprising GPIB, VXI, PXI, Serial, Ethernet, and/or USB interfaces. VISA provides the programming interface between the hardware and development environments.

Find out more

Event Embedded World // 23-25 February 2016, Nuremberg

Starting with the largest embedded systems' event of the year : Embedded World 2016
23 - 25 February 2016 in Nuremberg, Germany

We will be present on the booth of Evidence (Hall 4 / 4-545) and Emmtrix (Hall 4A, booth 520d)

Scilab has many applications in the field of embedded systems :
--> post-processing of test data
--> automation of tasks
--> prototyping of control algorithms
--> identification of systems parameter
--> simulation of control systems
--> embedded code generation

Here are some use cases of Scilab in this field, from our last ScilabTEC :

Prior to this important event, we want to highlight some Scilab partners in the world of Embedded Systems which will be present at Embedded World:

  • <a moz-do-not-send="true" href="x-msg://6/evidence.eu.com" target="_blank" style="color: inherit; font-family: inherit; font-weight: inherit; text-decoration: none; background-color: transparent;">Evidence,
  • Emmtrix,
  • Xilinx
  • LCM (present at Microchip's booth)

Please do contact us, to set up a time for some quality exchange.

The Scilab Team

Antoine Monmayrant-2 Antoine Monmayrant-2

Re: ?==?utf-8?q? ?==?utf-8?q? News: Scilab 6 Beta, VISA Toolbox, Embedded World 2016

Hi all,

I just installed the 6.0 beta and tried to install the visa module, without success:

--> atomsInstall('visa')
atomsInstallList: The package visa is not available.

Any idea what's wrong?

Antoine

Le Lundi 15 Février 2016 16:35 CET, Yann DEBRAY <[hidden email]> a écrit:

> [...]
> in the world of Embedded Systems which will be present at Embedded World:
>
>   * <x-msg://6/evidence.eu.com>Evidence
>     <http://evidence.eu.com/>,<http://3o69.mj.am/link/3o69/l1yg/14/nhjVrhr02-h021TOwOMROQ/aHR0cDovL3d3dy5lbW10cml4LmNvbQ>
>   * Emmtrix
>     <http://www.emmtrix.com/>,<http://3o69.mj.am/link/3o69/l1yg/15/hj8JqLS_OR8HY87_Elb4cA/aHR0cDovL3d3dy54aWxpbnguY29tLw>
>   * Xilinx <http://www.xilinx.com/>
>   * LCM <http://mechatronic-simulation.org/>(present at Microchip's booth)
>
> Please do contact us, to set up a time for some quality exchange.
>
> Meet us @ Embedded World
> <mailto:[hidden email]?subject=embeddedworld2016>
>
> --
> The Scilab Team

Antoine Monmayrant-2 Antoine Monmayrant-2

Re: ?==?utf-8?q? ?==?utf-8?q? News: Scilab 6 Beta, VISA Toolbox, Embedded World 2016

Hi again,

I also tried to install 'visa' module in scilab 5.5.0 and it also failed.

> [...]

>     <http://www.scilab.org/fr/community/scilabtec/2015/Utilizing-Scilab-and-Xcos-for-real-time-control-and-measurement-applications>
>
> Prior to this important event, we want to highlight some Scilab partners
> in the world of Embedded Systems which will be present at Embedded World:
>
>   * <x-msg://6/evidence.eu.com>Evidence
>     <http://evidence.eu.com/>,<http://3o69.mj.am/link/3o69/l1yg/14/nhjVrhr02-h021TOwOMROQ/aHR0cDovL3d3dy5lbW10cml4LmNvbQ>
>   * Emmtrix
>     <http://www.emmtrix.com/>,<http://3o69.mj.am/link/3o69/l1yg/15/hj8JqLS_OR8HY87_Elb4cA/aHR0cDovL3d3dy54aWxpbnguY29tLw>
>   * Xilinx <http://www.xilinx.com/>
>   * LCM <http://mechatronic-simulation.org/>(present at Microchip's booth)
>
> Please do contact us, to set up a time for some quality exchange.
>
> Meet us @ Embedded World
> <mailto:[hidden email]?subject=embeddedworld2016>

Re: ?= =?utf-8?q? News: Scilab 6 Beta, VISA Toolbox, Embedded World 2016

Le 16/02/2016 08:51, Antoine Monmayrant a écrit :
Hi all,

I just installed the 6.0 beta and tried to install the visa module, without success:

--> atomsInstall('visa')
atomsInstallList: The package visa is not available.

Any idea what's wrong?
In ATOMS, the flag indicating Supported Scilab versions is set to ">= 5.5":
https://atoms.scilab.org/toolboxes/visa/0.9.0
Despite 6.0> 5.5, the flag ">=5.5" excludes Scilab >=6.0

This has been reported here http://bugzilla.scilab.org/13891 and there http://bugzilla.scilab.org/13938 (proposal).
This behavior is apparently intentional, i guess to compel modules maintainers to review and regenerate specific releases for Scilab >= 6.0
This should deserve to explicitly warn modules maintainers about that.

Le 16/02/2016 08:54, Antoine Monmayrant a écrit :
Hi again,

I also tried to install 'visa' module in scilab 5.5.0 and it also failed.

If the 0.9.0 release has been compiled for Scilab 6.0 -- has it ? --, then it can't run under Scilab 5.5

I am afraid that these explanations do not help much.

Regards
Samuel Gougeon

Eric Dubois Eric Dubois

Re: News: Scilab 6 Beta, VISA Toolbox, Embedded World 2016

Hello

Thank you for this release and the improvements this Scilab version contains.

I have however a major concern with the change of behaviour of the addition or subtraction of a null matrix to another matrix. As explained in the release notes, []+a will now result in [] whereas it resulted in a in previous versions.

This means that developments made under older Scilab versions will have to be adapted to Scilab 6.0. This is potentially a huge task, since all additions or subtractions in the programs have a priori to be checked. Needless to say, additions and subtractions are very pervasive operations in numerical programs. And since all additions and subtractions cannot be checked in a systematic way (in my toolbox, I have more than 20 000 of them!), the needed modifications will be made over a long period of time, at the rhythm of the discovery of bugs by a developer or its users.

More worrying still, not all additions or subtractions involving null matrices will generate errors when switching from Scilab 5 or older to Scilab 6: for example, z=size([a+1 y],1) applied to the null matrix a will simply add 1 in Scilab 6 to the result of Scilab 5, without generating errors. The attentive user will be alerted by the warning message generated by Scilab 6, but the inattentive one may not notice it or fully understand its consequences. So it may lead some users to generate wrong results without being aware of it, which should be very embarrassing for the provider of the programs used and for Scilab-enterprises itself.

Another problem will come from users sticking to Scilab older versions: as for me I have regularly e-mails from users that work for a reason or another on old Scilab versions (5.3.3 at the moment for instance): avoiding problems to these users will constrain the adaptation, prevent from using all capabilities of Scilab and complicate the code. With my example, it will be necessary to introduce a conditional such as:

if isempty(x) then

   z=size(y,1)+1

else

   z=size([a y],1)

end

And this will apply to new programs as well, which will need so much care that, I fear, some cases will be missed by even the most careful programmer. And in this case users working with older Scilab versions will not even be alerted by a warning message.

Moreover, considering the importance of the change, it is all the more surprising that it has not been announced in advance, as was the –good– practice for previous changes, even minor (such as the replacement of x^n by x .^n when x was a vector, a change that a) affected much less numerous lines of code b) did entail a simple replacement of some ^ by .^ c) had no side effect).

Don’t other Scilab users share my concern?

Regards

Éric.

PS: I find a little bit provocative the sentence in the release notes: “To simplify the transition of your code base during beta, a specific warning is issued when such operation is detected”. With a little exaggeration, it sounds like digging the Great canyon and saying to people now separated by it: to help you, we will give you beach shovels so that you can build a bridge between the two rivers of the canyon...

Le 02/16/2016 11:55 AM, Eric Dubois a écrit :

[...]

Well, I understand your concern.
However, I buy the fact that this change will make the language more consistent.
Indeed, "ms=m+s" where m is a matrix and s a scalar gives a matrix ms of same size than m in most cases (ie when m is not empty).
It thus makes sense that adding a scalar to an empty matrix returns an empty matrix.
This is also the default behavior with other similar languages like octave, matlab, julia, so it makes sense.
I think the old behavior was kind of weird.
But you are right that this is a major change that will introduce subtle and hard to find bugs.
We should keep in mind that it's a major change (5.x->6.x) and I think the last one (4.x->5.x) was even worse in terms of backward compatibility!

Cheers,

[...]

 Antoine Monmayrant LAAS - CNRS
 7 avenue du Colonel Roche
 BP 54200
 31031 TOULOUSE Cedex 4
 FRANCE

 Tel:+33 5 61 33 64 59

 email : [hidden email]
 permanent email : [hidden email]

Re: ?==?utf-8?q? ?==?utf-8?q? News: Scilab 6 Beta, VISA Toolbox, Embedded World 2016

Hi Antoine,

In fact this module is only available for windows x86 or x64 with Scilab 5.5.2 installed. I just
checked and it is not available on Scilab 5.5.0.

You have to enforce the installation by downloading the zip file and using
`atomsInstall('visa.zip')` directly.

JLan JLan

On 16.02.2016 11:55, Eric Dubois wrote:
Don’t other Scilab users share my concern?

 Regards

 Éric.

I have a similar (but simpler)  problem, with stacksize().   All my old scripts containing stacksize('max') etc. need to be modified.

All it will take is to keep the  standard function stacksize(a)  in Scilab 6, just let it do nothing.

Jan Å

Antoine Monmayrant Antoine Monmayrant

Le 02/16/2016 01:00 PM, Jan Åge Langeland a écrit :
On 16.02.2016 11:55, Eric Dubois wrote:
Don’t other Scilab users share my concern?

 Regards

 Éric.

I have a similar (but simpler)  problem, with stacksize().   All my old scripts containing stacksize('max') etc. need to be modified.

All it will take is to keep the  standard function stacksize(a)  in Scilab 6, just let it do nothing.

Well, you have your fix: add the definition of a dummy stacksize() function at the beginning of your init.
My 5 cents fix is this:

//on older version of scilab, set the memory to the max
version_numbers = getversion('scilab');
if  version_numbers(1) < 6 then
    stacksize('max');
end

that I added to all my ressource-hungry scripts.

But you are right, I don't see why they did not implement a dummy stacksize() that just output a warning about the fact that it's useless, obsolete and should not be used in new code.

Antoine

Jan Å

Le 16/02/2016 12:21, [hidden email] a écrit :
Le 02/16/2016 11:55 AM, Eric Dubois a écrit :
.../...

More worrying still, not all additions or subtractions involving null matrices will generate errors when switching from Scilab 5 or older to Scilab 6: for example, z=size([a+1 y],1) applied to the null matrix a will simply add 1 in Scilab 6 to the result of Scilab 5, without generating errors.

.
It does:
--> a=[]; y = 3; z=size([a+1 y],1)
operation +: Warning adding a matrix with the empty matrix will give an empty matrix result.
 z  =

   1.

The attentive user will be alerted by the warning message generated by Scilab 6, but the inattentive one may not notice it or fully understand its consequences.

This is why, fortunately, unworkaroundly, a new warning("stop") synopsis has been implemented. Announcements and Releases notes failed announcing and stressing on it:
warning stop
function test()
    a=[]; y = 3; z=size([a+1 y],1)
endfunction
test()

--> warning stop

--> function test()
  >     a=[]; y = 3; z=size([a+1 y],1)
  > endfunction

--> test()
operation +: Warning adding a matrix with the empty matrix will give an empty matrix result.
at line     2 of function test

*** Execution stopped after a warning. ***
Set warning("on") to continue execution after a warning.

Again and again and again, more and more publicity MUST be done about how to translate Scilab 5 code and modules into SCilab 6 code and modules.
For the moment, S/E fails on that.

.../...

Don’t other Scilab users share my concern?

.
Sure i did. This is why i claimed for a warning, and for a way to get the where() trace.

Le 16/02/2016 12:21, [hidden email] a écrit :

Well, I understand your concern.
However, I buy the fact that this change will make the language more consistent.
Indeed, "ms=m+s" where m is a matrix and s a scalar gives a matrix ms of same size than m in most cases (ie when m is not empty).
It thus makes sense that adding a scalar to an empty matrix returns an empty matrix.
This is also the default behavior with other similar languages like octave, matlab, julia, so it makes sense.
I think the old behavior was kind of weird.
But you are right that this is a major change that will introduce subtle and hard to find bugs.
We should keep in mind that it's a major change (5.x->6.x)
.
This is why IMO all major changes should be done now, not postponed for Scilab 6.x. For my part, i will refuse reviewing all my codes several times after 6.0.
For instance : http://bugzilla.scilab.org/14287 should be fixed before the final 6.0 release, or tagged WONTFIX.

and I think the last one (4.x->5.x) was even worse in terms of backward compatibility!
.
I don't think so, by far. The new graphical system -- that was the main change -- was already implemented in 4.  As far as i remember, 5. mainly removed the old graphical system that was still supported in addition to the new one (by the way, there are still some traces of the oldies... For instance, xset() is still unremoved, in 95% duplicate of set() that was introduced (but still with some features unported to set()) ).

Regards
Samuel Gougeon

Re: News: Scilab 6 Beta, VISA Toolbox, Embedded World 2016

Hello guys,

Just a pointer there : about the stacksize re-introduction or not please comment on http://bugzilla.
scilab.org/show_bug.cgi?id=14266 .

Le mardi 16 février 2016 à 13:12 +0100, Antoine Monmayrant a écrit :

> Le 02/16/2016 01:00 PM, Jan Åge Langeland a écrit :
> >  On 16.02.2016 11:55, Eric Dubois wrote:
> > > Don’t other Scilab users share my concern?
> > >  Regards
> > >  Éric.
> > >
> > I have a similar (but simpler)  problem, with stacksize().   All my old scripts containing
> > stacksize('max') etc. need to be modified.
> >
> > All it will take is to keep the  standard function stacksize(a)  in Scilab 6, just let it do
> > nothing.
> Well, you have your fix: add the definition of a dummy stacksize() function at the beginning of
> your init.
> My 5 cents fix is this:
>
> //on older version of scilab, set the memory to the max
> version_numbers = getversion('scilab');
> if  version_numbers(1) < 6 then
>     stacksize('max');
> end
>
> that I added to all my ressource-hungry scripts.
>
> But you are right, I don't see why they did not implement a dummy stacksize() that just output a
> warning about the fact that it's useless, obsolete and should not be used in new code.
>
> Antoine
>

> > Jan Å

> +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>
>  Antoine Monmayrant LAAS - CNRS
>  7 avenue du Colonel Roche
>  BP 54200
>  31031 TOULOUSE Cedex 4
>  FRANCE
>
>  Tel:+33 5 61 33 64 59
>
>  email : [hidden email]
>  permanent email : [hidden email]

Eric Dubois Eric Dubois

Re: News: Scilab 6 Beta, VISA Toolbox, Embedded World 2016

Thanks for the answers.

I share Samuel opinion that the changes from Scilab 5 to Scilab 6 are much important than previous ones (and I have experienced all of them since starting with Scilab 2.6!). In the previous cases, functionnalities became obsolote; this time they change... This is a much more difficult to deal with

I do not know, Samuel, how you plan to review all your codes. As for me this should be a daunting task:
- I have arorund 1400 Scilab functions, representing something like 70 000 lines of code, containing around 20 000 additions or subtractions; so I cannot imagine reviewing all this code;
- Another avenue is to devise a battery of tests covering all possible cases; this should be less costly, but could miss some relevant cases; and this means in my cases extending the battery of tests, a useful task anyway, but also costly

The command warning stop seems to be a good idea for dealing with this problem, but it has also major drawbacks: you should put it in the .start file, to prevent users to generate wrong results, but this will also stop programs that work perfectly. So I do not think it will help dealing with my concern that inexperimented users could generate wrong results with a toolbox such as mine. Am I missing something?

Anyway, I fully agree with Samuel that more and more publicity MUST be done about how to translate Scilab 5 code and modules into SCilab 6 code and modules, and maybe they will convince me that I have overestimated the problems...

Regards

Éric

Hello guys,

Just a pointer there : about the stacksize re-introduction or not please comment on http://bugzilla.
scilab.org/show_bug.cgi?id=14266 .

Le mardi 16 février 2016 à 13:12 +0100, Antoine Monmayrant a écrit :
> Le 02/16/2016 01:00 PM, Jan Åge Langeland a écrit :
> >  On 16.02.2016 11:55, Eric Dubois wrote:
> > > Don’t other Scilab users share my concern?
> > >  Regards
> > >  Éric.
> > >
> > I have a similar (but simpler)  problem, with stacksize().   All my old scripts containing
> > stacksize('max') etc. need to be modified.
> >
> > All it will take is to keep the  standard function stacksize(a)  in Scilab 6, just let it do
> > nothing.
> Well, you have your fix: add the definition of a dummy stacksize() function at the beginning of
> your init.
> My 5 cents fix is this:
>
> //on older version of scilab, set the memory to the max
> version_numbers = getversion('scilab');
> if  version_numbers(1) < 6 then
>     stacksize('max');
> end
>
> that I added to all my ressource-hungry scripts.
>
> But you are right, I don't see why they did not implement a dummy stacksize() that just output a
> warning about the fact that it's useless, obsolete and should not be used in new code.
>
> Antoine
>

> > Jan Å

> +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>
>  Antoine Monmayrant LAAS - CNRS
>  7 avenue du Colonel Roche
>  BP 54200
>  31031 TOULOUSE Cedex 4
>  FRANCE
>
>  Tel:<a href="tel:%2B33%205%2061%2033%2064%2059" value="+33561336459">+33 5 61 33 64 59
>
>  email : [hidden email]
>  permanent email : [hidden email]

[Scilab-users] disp(a,b,c) => display a, b, and finally c ; not c, b and then a <= Re: News: Scilab 6 Beta, VISA Toolbox, Embedded World 2016

Hello Scilab Team,

The impact of the changed []+a is pointed in this thread.

Since an extensive code review will be needed from Scilab 5 to Scilab 6, some other long standing bugs could be fixed before the final release.
Already,
  • The 1./m trick is fixed (now parsed as 1 ./m rather than 1. / m)): Great!
  • The space between the minus sign and the absolute mantissa is removed when numbers are displayed in the console: Great! Copying/pasting will now be straightforward.
  • ...
But still, for instance, the unconsistent display by disp() inversed wrt to the order of its parameters is still there. Wouldn't it be the best moment to correct it as well?
http://bugzilla.scilab.org/5512  http://bugzilla.scilab.org/9463  http://bugzilla.scilab.org/13447

The impact of this correction on existing codes would be much less than for []+a, but would fix a ridiculous behavior met by every user (not ones of a highly specific Scilab function or feature).

Best regards
Samuel Gougeon

Le 15/02/2016 16:35, Yann DEBRAY a écrit :

[...]

Re: disp(a,b,c) => display a, b, and finally c ; not c, b and then a <= Re: News: Scilab 6 Beta, VISA Toolbox, Embedded World 2016

Le 02/17/2016 02:55 PM, Samuel Gougeon a écrit :
Hello Scilab Team,

The impact of the changed []+a is pointed in this thread.

Since an extensive code review will be needed from Scilab 5 to Scilab 6, some other long standing bugs could be fixed before the final release.
Already,
  • The 1./m trick is fixed (now parsed as 1 ./m rather than 1. / m)): Great!
  • The space between the minus sign and the absolute mantissa is removed when numbers are displayed in the console: Great! Copying/pasting will now be straightforward.
  • ...
But still, for instance, the unconsistent display by disp() inversed wrt to the order of its parameters is still there. Wouldn't it be the best moment to correct it as well?
http://bugzilla.scilab.org/5512  http://bugzilla.scilab.org/9463  http://bugzilla.scilab.org/13447

What about adding to the list the infamous forgotten ";" after a huge matrix, aka "huge matrix display scrolling of death"?
It seems that a patch was proposed but never merged?

I have plenty of time to write this email because my scilab session is currently trying to list every value in my 2775x570 matrix.
I am not kidding, I did it again, forgot the ";" after a huge matrix, arggh!

Antoine
PS:ah, the last value in my matrix just showed up, back to work!

Le 17/02/2016 15:12, [hidden email] a écrit :

What about adding to the list the infamous forgotten ";" after a huge matrix, aka "huge matrix display scrolling of death"?
It seems that a patch was proposed but never merged?

You can customize your lines() in your .ini / .scilab. It is not infamous to do.
Unfortunately, disp() has no order option that could be tuned in the .ini.
When reviewing your code, you wouldn't need to remove existing ";" because the display of big matrices would be abstracted. An abstracted display could be implemented later.

SG

Re: disp(a,b,c) => display a, b, and finally c ; not c, b and then a <= Re: News: Scilab 6 Beta, VISA Toolbox, Embedded World 2016

Le 17/02/2016 15:12, [hidden email] a écrit :

What about adding to the list the infamous forgotten ";" after a huge matrix, aka "huge matrix display scrolling of death"?
It seems that a patch was proposed but never merged?
.
As reported here : http://bugzilla.scilab.org/3817 , the true issue is that the display can't be interrupted with CTRL+C
It can also be fixed later without needing user code review.
SG

Le 02/17/2016 03:27 PM, Samuel Gougeon a écrit :
Le 17/02/2016 15:12, [hidden email] a écrit :

What about adding to the list the infamous forgotten ";" after a huge matrix, aka "huge matrix display scrolling of death"?
It seems that a patch was proposed but never merged?

You can customize your lines() in your .ini / .scilab. It is not infamous to do.

Nope, that's not a decent solution.
As discussed previously, if you set lines() to a low value to avoid the "missing ; of death", you might break a lot of your script that generates some outuput on the console.
I've done it in the past, and it's never good to find out in the morning that the script that was supposed to run all night (and that reports progress from time to time) has stopped after half an hour, asking whether it should go own with the output on the console.
The default behaviour of the display should change and personally, I like the solution adopted by julia.

Antoine

Claus Futtrup Claus Futtrup

Re: disp(a,b,c) => display a, b, and finally c ; not c, b and then a <= Re: News: Scilab 6 Beta, VISA Toolbox, Embedded World 2016

Hi there

With Samuel pointing to bug 5512, I see that disp() behaves in a surprising way. My approach to deciding what Scilab should do would be to achieve the reaction from the software which is least surprising to the users.

Scilab 6 is a good opportunity to modify such behavior, if the modification means that the behavior becomes less surprising.

As mentioned in another thread, which I agree to - it's OK to break code when entering a new major release. Hereafter backwards compatibility is recommended.

Best regards,
Claus

Le 17/02/2016 15:50, Samuel Gougeon a écrit :
Le 17/02/2016 15:12, [hidden email] a écrit :

What about adding to the list the infamous forgotten ";" after a huge matrix, aka "huge matrix display scrolling of death"?
It seems that a patch was proposed but never merged?
.
As reported here : http://bugzilla.scilab.org/3817 , the true issue is that the display can't be interrupted with CTRL+C
It can also be fixed later without needing user code review.

Actually, it is already fixed in Scilab 6.0-b1 :))

SG

Antoine Monmayrant-2 Antoine Monmayrant-2

Re: ?==?utf-8?q? disp(a,b,c)?==?utf-8?q? => display a,?==?utf-8?q? b, and finally c ; not c, b and then a <=?==?utf-8?q? Re: News: Scilab 6 Beta, VISA Toolbox, Embedded World 2016

Le Mercredi 24 Février 2016 14:43 CET, Samuel Gougeon <[hidden email]> a écrit:

> Le 17/02/2016 15:50, Samuel Gougeon a écrit :
> > Le 17/02/2016 15:12, [hidden email] a écrit :
> >>
> >> What about adding to the list the infamous forgotten ";" after a huge
> >> matrix, aka "huge matrix display scrolling of death"?
> >> See
> >> http://mailinglists.scilab.org/Scilab-users-Accidentally-displaying-huge-matrices-tc4032315.html#a4032319
> >> and http://bugzilla.scilab.org/show_bug.cgi?id=6286
> >> It seems that a patch was proposed but never merged?
> > .
> > As reported here : http://bugzilla.scilab.org/3817 , the true issue is
> > that the display can't be interrupted with CTRL+C
> > It can also be fixed later without needing user code review.
>
> Actually, it is already fixed in Scilab 6.0-b1 :))

Neat!
Ah ah, that's a good news.
Thanks for  the info.

Antoine