[Scilab-users] Plot function in scilab

Niels Peter Fenger Niels Peter Fenger

[Scilab-users] Plot function in scilab

Hi,

I have installed scilab and most of it works all right. I have however a
problem with the flot function. I can illustrate the problem by the
attached file plot-1.sce. When line no 0006 is omited, the xdata and the
ydata are made correct. When I include the plot command line no. 0006
and run the file, scilab disappears from my screen and I cannot see any
error message. How can I produce a plot?

Regards

Niels Peter Fenger

E-mail:   [hidden email]

plot-1.sce (140 bytes) Download Attachment
Stanislav Stanislav

Re: Plot function in scilab

13.08.2013 03:43, Niels Peter Fenger пишет:
Hi,

I have installed scilab and most of it works all right. I have however a problem with the flot function. I can illustrate the problem by the attached file plot-1.sce. When line no 0006 is omited, the xdata and the ydata are made correct. When I include the plot command line no. 0006 and run the file, scilab disappears from my screen and I cannot see any error message. How can I produce a plot?

Regards

Niels Peter Fenger

E-mail:   [hidden email]

Hi.
I have no problem with your script. I use Scilab-5.4.1 on Linux 64-bit.

Stanislav

owsigplc owsigplc

Re: Plot function in scilab

You have a space between the functon name and the left parenthesis. Remove it and you should be able to run your script.  Omar Wing

arctica1963 arctica1963

Re: Plot function in scilab

Works fine on 5.4.1 (Windows 7)

function f=myquadratic(x)
   f = x^2
endfunction
xdata = linspace(1 , 10 , 50);
ydata = myquadratic(xdata);
plot (xdata , ydata);
xlabel("X-Data");
ylabel("Y-Data");
title("myquadratic");

Lester

On 12 August 2013 22:43, Niels Peter Fenger <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I have installed scilab and most of it works all right. I have however a problem with the flot function. I can illustrate the problem by the attached file plot-1.sce. When line no 0006 is omited, the xdata and the ydata are made correct. When I include the plot command line no. 0006 and run the file, scilab disappears from my screen and I cannot see any error message. How can I produce a plot?

Regards

Niels Peter Fenger

E-mail:   [hidden email]

Debola Abduljeleel Debola Abduljeleel

Re: Plot function in scilab

Hi Peter,

Your program works very well on Scilab 5.4.1 on Windows and as edited by Lester Anderson.

Kind Regards.

ABDULJELEEL A. OSUNKUNLE
SCIENTIFIC OFFICER
PROJECTS DEVELOPMENT INSTITUTE, P.M.B. 01609, EMENE INDUSTRIAL LAYOUT, ENUGU, NIGERIA.
+2347058408440.

Niels Peter Fenger Niels Peter Fenger

Re: Plot function in scilab

To Lester

Thank you for your mail. I have now installed Scilab 5.4.1 instead of version 5.4.0. The problem is however the same: Without the plot command  in line 0006 the xdata and the ydata are shown correct. When i include the plot command and execute everything disappears from the screen. My computer has Wista, could that be the reason?

Regards

Niels Peter Fenger

Den 13-08-2013 07:42, Lester Anderson skrev:
[...]

arctica1963 arctica1963

Re: Plot function in scilab

Hello Niels,

I am not sure if the Windows version is the issue, but are you on 32-bit or 64-bit ? Not too familiar with Windows Vista other than it always seemed to hog loads of memory.

The code you had works fine on Windows 7 at least - it is a very simple program so should run.

I have attached the code as a .sci file so you can load it up in SciNotes and execute it directly, or copy straight to the console window. We need to see where you are having problems; the plot command should not cause any problems.

If you can try Scilab on a different machine, with say Windows 7 then we can have a better idea as to what is going on.
function f=myquadratic(x)
   f = x^2
endfunction
xdata = linspace(1 , 10 , 50);
ydata = myquadratic(xdata);
plot (xdata , ydata);
xlabel("X-Data");
ylabel("Y-Data");
title("myquadratic");

Lester

On 19 August 2013 21:29, Niels Peter Fenger <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

myquadratic.sci (270 bytes) Download Attachment
arctica1963 arctica1963

Re: Plot function in scilab

Hi Niels,

One test to try is a very basic plot sequence, try doing the following and we can see what happens:

x=[0:0.1:2*%pi];
plot(sin(x))

This should just plot a simple sine wave graphic, nothing fancy but will test input and functional output. It will not crash Scilab.

Lester

On 19 August 2013 22:55, Lester Anderson <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Thank you for mails and thank you for your patience. I am on 32- bit. I tryed to reinstal Scilab to the 64-bit version, but my computer will not accept the 64-bit version. I also tryed to copy your scripts to the console and run it. The result was the same: Scilab closed down immeadly and disappered from the screen.  I also tryed the sine function suggested in your last mail, same result. Something wrong with my computer? A soon as possibleI will try to find a person having a machine with Windows 7 and being willing to help me.

Regards

Niels Peter Fenger

Den 19-08-2013 23:55, Lester Anderson skrev:
[...]

Stanislav Stanislav

Re: Plot function in scilab

Hi.
Do you have any installed ATOMS-modules? Some modules can be the reason  of strange behavior of Scilab and even crash it.
Try remove all ATOMS-modules. Then try plot() or mesh(). These commands will plot demo-graphics.

Stanislav
Niels Peter Fenger Niels Peter Fenger

Re: Plot function in scilab

To Stanislaw

Thank you for your mail. I have tryed to remove Atoms.  I have studied
Help and I use the command atomsRemove(["toolbox_1"]) in the console.
Then I check by means of the command atomsList(). It shows that
toolbox_1 is still existing. The same with toolboxes 2, 3 and 4. How can
I remove Atoms?

Best regards

Niels Peter Fenger

Den 21-08-2013 01:21, Stanislav skrev:

> Hi.
> Do you have any installed ATOMS-modules? Some modules can be the reason  of
> strange behavior of Scilab and even crash it.
> Try remove all ATOMS-modules. Then try plot() or mesh(). These commands will
> plot demo-graphics.
>
> Stanislav

Stanislav Stanislav

Re: Plot function in scilab

Hi.
I suppose atomsGetInstalled() is better to use in this situation than
atomsList() (because you want to remove only what you have installed).

You may remove your modules by:
atomsRemove("module_name",'allusers',%t). Or you may manage your modules
with toolbar of Scilab (see 'Applications' > 'Module Manager - ATOMS',
or the icon in toolbar). I prefer toolbar because it gives a convenient GUI.

Stanislav

21.08.2013 14:04, Niels Peter Fenger пишет:

> To Stanislaw
>
> Thank you for your mail. I have tryed to remove Atoms.  I have studied
> Help and I use the command atomsRemove(["toolbox_1"]) in the console.
> Then I check by means of the command atomsList(). It shows that
> toolbox_1 is still existing. The same with toolboxes 2, 3 and 4. How
> can I remove Atoms?
>
> Best regards
>
> Niels Peter Fenger

Niels Peter Fenger Niels Peter Fenger

Re: Plot function in scilab

To Lester

I have nov installed Windows 7 on my computer and plotting is working well. I have now made some usefull tasks successfully using Scilab. Thank you for guiding me.

Regards

Niels Peter Fenger

On 19-08-2013 23:55, Lester Anderson wrote:
[...]

Denne e-mail er fri for virus og malware fordi avast! Antivirus beskyttelse er aktiveret.