[Scilab-users] Problem with solving this elegantly

Pascal Buehler Pascal Buehler

[Scilab-users] Problem with solving this elegantly

Hello there, i searched in scilab a macro, that can solve me this in an elegantly matrix way?

I've really searched something similar to A*X=0, but no linsolver gave me the right answer?

with best regards / mit freundlichen Grüssen / cordialement

Pascal Bühler
Qualität-Hardware / Prüfingenieur
SAUTER HeadOffice
Fr. Sauter AG
Im Surinam 55, CH-4016 Basel
Telefon +41 (0)61 695 5646
Telefax +41 (0)61 695 5619
http://www.sauter-controls.com

DISCLAIMER:
This communication, and the information it contains is for the sole use of
the intended recipient. It is confidential, may be legally privileged and
protected by law. Unauthorized use, copying or disclosure of any part
thereof may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error,
please destroy all copies and kindly notify the sender.

Before printing out this e-mail or its attachments, please consider whether
it is really necessary to do so.
Using less paper helps the environment.

Carrico, Paul Carrico, Paul

Re: [EXTERNAL] Problem with solving this elegantly

Maybe I’m mistaken, but the first matrix sounds like an eigenvalue problem, isn’t it ?

(I’m not familiar with German …

If so, did you tried “eigs”?

Paul

EXPORT CONTROL :
Cet email ne contient pas de données techniques
This email does not contain technical data

Pascal Buehler Pascal Buehler

[Scilab-users] Antwort: Re: [EXTERNAL] Problem with solving this elegantly

not really in this case, here you have already the eigenvalues lambda1=7 and lambda2=3.
Now for lambda1, insert the number to the matrix, where sigmaxx =-1, sigmayy =5 and tauxy=4 already known is, as a stress tensor
 you will get two linear equation like

-8*v1x+4*v1x=0
4*v1x-2*v1y=0

normaly an trivial solution, but non of the sovers gave me the correct answer?

Von:        "Carrico, Paul" <[hidden email]>
An:        'Users mailing list for Scilab' <[hidden email]>,
Datum:        27.02.2018 11:09
Betreff:        Re: [Scilab-users] [EXTERNAL] Problem with solving this elegantly
Gesendet von:        "users" <[hidden email]>

Christophe Dang Ngoc Chan Christophe Dang Ngoc Chan

> Now for lambda1, insert the number to the matrix, where sigmaxx =-1, sigmayy =5 and tauxy=4 already known is, as a stress tensor
> you will get two linear equation like
>
> -8*v1x+4*v1y=0
> 4*v1x-2*v1y=0
>
> normaly an trivial solution, but non of the sovers gave me the correct answer?

A=[-8 4 ; 4 -2]

b = [0 ; 0]

[x0, kerA] = linsolve(A, b)
 kerA  =

   0.4472136
   0.8944272

 x0  =

   0.
   0.

You notice that kerA(2)/kerA(1) = 2 which means that the result is similar to

kerA  =

   1
   2

 x0  =

   0.
   0.

Which is the excepted solution. Or?

Wozai Wozai

Re: Problem with solving this elegantly

[R,diagevals]=spec(A)

Cheers,

wozai

Pascal Buehler Pascal Buehler

Von:        "Dang Ngoc Chan, Christophe" <[hidden email]>
An:        Users mailing list for Scilab <[hidden email]>,
Datum:        27.02.2018 11:31
Betreff:        Re: [Scilab-users] {EXT} Antwort: Re: [EXTERNAL] Problem with solving this        elegantly
Gesendet von:        "users" <[hidden email]>

Hello,

Von:        Wozai <[hidden email]>
An:        [hidden email],
Datum:        27.02.2018 11:31
Gesendet von:        "users" <[hidden email]>

Hi,

[R,diagevals]=spec(A)

Cheers,

wozai