[Scilab-users] Release of Scilab 5.5.2

Scilab Communications Scilab Communications

[Scilab-users] Release of Scilab 5.5.2

Dear Scilab users,

Scilab Enterprises is glad to announce the release of Scilab 5.5.2.

Scilab 5.5.2 is a minor release which solves in particular two serious bugs:
  • Scilab failed to start under some Windows platforms due to an ATOMS internal libraries loading issue (See bug #12842),
  • All graphics were displayed in red under some Windows platforms (See bug #12788).

This release also includes new graphics features such as the improvement of the fec function to enable the rendering of meshes based on any convex polygon type (not only triangles).

Scilab 5.5.2 is now available for download at http://www.scilab.org

Best Regards

--
Communication Department, Scilab Enterprises
143bis rue Yves Le Coz - 78000 Versailles (France)

Klaus Rohe Klaus Rohe

Re: Release of Scilab 5.5.2

Hi all,

I’m not able to download Scilab 5.5.2 because I’m immediately redirected to http://www.scilab.org/thanks if I click the download button.

Kind regards

Klaus

Julie PAUL Julie PAUL

Re: Release of Scilab 5.5.2

Dear Sir,

After clicking, download normally begins and a new page appears to thank you for downloading.
Can you check and if it is not the case, could you provide us your OS and web browser?

Thanks in advance

Julie PAUL
Scilab Enterprises
Communications & Public Relations Director
143bis rue Yves Le Coz - 78000 Versailles (FR)
Phone: +33(0)1 80 77 04 79
Le 01/04/2015 13:52, Klaus Rohe a écrit :

Hi all,

I’m not able to download Scilab 5.5.2 because I’m immediately redirected to http://www.scilab.org/thanks if I click the download button.

Kind regards

Klaus

omorr omorr

[Scilab-users] Jupiter and Scilab?

Have anyone tried to connect Scilab and Jupiter https://jupyter.org/  ?

Best Regards
Adam Dershowitz Adam Dershowitz

Re: Release of Scilab 5.5.2

I’m not sure if this is the best place to report a problem, but figured I would start here.  If there is a better place, please let me know.
I just downloaded 5.5.2 for MacOS (10.10.2) and when I try to run it, I get a crash with the following library problem:

Application Specific Information:
dyld: launch, loading dependent libraries
DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/Applications/scilab-5.5.2.app/Contents/MacOS/share/scilab/../../lib/scilab/:/Applications/scilab-5.5.2.app/Contents/MacOS/lib/scilab:/Applications/scilab-5.5.2.app/Contents/MacOS/lib/thirdparty:/System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk/Contents/Home/../Libraries:

Dyld Error Message:
  Symbol not found: _double_general_add
  Referenced from: /System/Library/Frameworks/Accelerate.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/vecLib.framework/Versions/A/libLinearAlgebra.dylib
  Expected in: /Applications/scilab-5.5.2.app/Contents/MacOS/lib/thirdparty/libBLAS.dylib
 in /System/Library/Frameworks/Accelerate.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/vecLib.framework/Versions/A/libLinearAlgebra.dylib

I see that a six months back there was a dedicated version of 5.5.1 specifically for 10.10, but it looks like that one is no longer available, and this doesn’t appear to be a java related issue.

Thoughts or suggestions?

-- Adam

Christophe Dang Ngoc Chan Christophe Dang Ngoc Chan

Re: Release of Scilab 5.5.2

I also had the issue with IE (W7).
I managed to download with FireFox.

HTH

Klaus Rohe Klaus Rohe

Re: Release of Scilab 5.5.2

Hi Julie,

I’m using Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 7 Ultimate (32 bit). It now works!

Thanks for the immediate answer.

Kind regards

Klaus

Klaus Rohe Klaus Rohe

Re: Release of Scilab 5.5.2

Hi all,

I have installed Scilab 5.5.2 on Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit using scilab-5.5.2.exe.

After successfully installation the following files remain in the directory

From which I did the installation:

commons-mkl-5.5.2-win32.zip

blas-lapack-mkl-5.5.2-win32.zip

Kind regards

Klaus

Vincent COUVERT-2 Vincent COUVERT-2

Adam Dershowitz Adam Dershowitz

Re: Release of Scilab 5.5.2

That did it.  It now opens and runs.

-- Adam

Vincent COUVERT-2 Vincent COUVERT-2

Vincent COUVERT-2 Vincent COUVERT-2

Re: Release of Scilab 5.5.2

We just released a Mac OS X 10.10 dedicated version of Scilab 5.5.2: http://www.scilab.org/download/5.5.2

Regards,

On 04/01/2015 05:28 PM, Adam Dershowitz wrote:
That did it.  It now opens and runs.

-- Adam

Adam Dershowitz Adam Dershowitz

Re: Release of Scilab 5.5.2

This one works for me.

Thank you.

-- Adam

yanndebray yanndebray

[Scilab-users] Scilab 6.0.0-alpha-1 Release

Dear Scilab users,

Scilab team is happy to announce the release of the first alpha version of Scilab 6.0.
Scilab 6.0.0 will be a major new release of Scilab, the open source platform for numerical computation. This 6.0.0-alpha-1 release, is a preview for developers, partners and community evaluation.

As an alpha, this release is not yet ready for production usage. If you are new to Scilab, or if you are simply a user of Scilab, you should probably continue using the 5.5.2 release, and wait for a beta version before trying the 6 family.

However, if you have already developed code on Scilab, or if you are an experienced user, then you should start looking at this release. Please try the work you have done on earlier releases of Scilab with this version: checking for compatibility may save you time later. If you find bugs or incompatibilities, please report them on our Bug Tracker: this will help get a better product, faster, which ultimately will be benefit you too.

Sincerely yours