[Scilab-users] SIVP problem via ATOMS with Linux Mint 18.1 - HELP

David Brant David Brant

[Scilab-users] SIVP problem via ATOMS with Linux Mint 18.1 - HELP

Hi,

I have a problem loading the SIVP toolbox 0.5.3.2 from the ATOMS module manager under Linux Mint 18.1.

I get error: The shared archive was not loaded: libtiff.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory (see attachment).
I read somewhere it has also been known on Ubuntu distro and was something to do with a labeling issue with *.so.* files.

Is there a workaround? If you could tell me what to type i'll have a go.

Thanks, Dave

query.png (1M) Download Attachment
Philippe Roux Philippe Roux

Re: SIVP problem via ATOMS with Linux Mint 18.1 - HELP

Hi,

Le 04/11/2017 à 17:38, David Brant a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I have a problem loading the SIVP toolbox 0.5.3.2 from the ATOMS module manager under Linux Mint 18.1.
>
> I get error: The shared archive was not loaded: libtiff.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory (see attachment).
> I read somewhere it has also been known on Ubuntu distro and was something to do with a labeling issue with *.so.* files.
>
> Is there a workaround? If you could tell me what to type i'll have a go.

first try to locate the lib on your system :

sudo find /usr/lib/ -name "libtiff.so.4*"

/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libtiff.so.4.3.6
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libtiff.so.4

if the "libtiff.so.4" doesn't appear  add a symbolic link to the
existing one in the same directory :

cd /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/
sudo ln -s libtiff.so.4.3.6 libtiff.so.4

Best regards,

Philippe

David Brant David Brant

[Scilab-users] SIVP problem via ATOMS with Linux Mint 18.1 - HELP

Thanks for getting back Philippe.

Only so.4 appeared. Checking with Nemo I have:

libtiff.so.4
libtiff.so.5
libtiff.so.5.2.4

All have identical size and time stamps.
Nemo reports 'link to unknown' for so.4 and so.5, and 'unknown' for so.5.2.4

Could you please advise on terminal commands to set up symbolic links to
correct files?

Regards, Dave

(Moderator note: I can see but can't reply directly to the thread. Some
kind of ongoing problem, so sent email)

Le 08/11/2017 à 14:29, David Brant a écrit :

> Thanks for getting back Philippe.
>
> Only so.4 appeared. Checking with Nemo I have:
>
> libtiff.so.4
> libtiff.so.5
> libtiff.so.5.2.4
>
> All have identical size and time stamps.
> Nemo reports 'link to unknown' for so.4 and so.5, and 'unknown' for so.5.2.4

it looks that you don't have libtiff.so.4 on your system try download it
from internet (http://www.filewatcher.com/m/libtiff.so.4.16-0.html not
the best souce probably ...) and put it in the directory

/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/

Best regards,

Philippe

David Brant David Brant

[Scilab-users] SIVP problem via ATOMS with Linux Mint 18.1 - HELP

Hi

I created symbolic link from missing libtiff.so4 to existing libtiff.so.5.2.4

Then it complained:

atomsLoad: An error occurred while loading 'SIVP-0.5.3.2':
link: The shared archive was not loaded: libjpeg.so.62:

I did same again for missing libjpeg.so.62 to existing libjpeg.so.9.2.0

Then all hell broke loose!!!

atomsLoad: An error occurred while loading 'SIVP-0.5.3.2':
link: The shared archive was not loaded: /home/dave/.Scilab/scilab-5.5.2/atoms/SIVP/0.5.3.2/sci_gateway/c//../../thirdparty/opencv/linux/x64/libavformat.so: file too short

Really not sure what to try next.
Dave

take2a.jpg (87K) Download Attachment
David Brant David Brant

[Scilab-users] SIVP problem via ATOMS with Linux Mint 18.1 - HELP

Hi
Everything works fine on windows, but unforunately i need to work with linux.
It appears ATOMS has not been configured to run correctly on Linux Mint. This is a real same. Without the toolkits, its reduce capability is a big hit.

Would this be worth submitting as a bug report?

Dave

nikolay nikolay

Re: SIVP problem via ATOMS with Linux Mint 18.1 - HELP

Dear Dave!

I got libtiff.so.4 from Ubuntu Saucy (see this AskUbuntu answer - https://askubuntu.com/a/457034/66509 ).

Then I installed SIVP with
atomsUpdate(); atomsInstall("SIVP");
from Scilab 5.5.2 x64 on Ubuntu Xenial Xerus 16.04 LTS (as your LinuxMint is based on it).

As was already mentioned on SIVP ATOMS page - symbolics links are broken inside SIVP archive ( https://atoms.scilab.org/toolboxes/SIVP/0.5.3.2#comment2775 ) .

So with current SIVP version user should do the following from terminal:

cd /home/$USER/.Scilab/scilab-5.5.2/atoms/SIVP/0.5.3.2/thirdparty/opencv/linux/x64

rm libavcodec.so
ln -s libavcodec.so.52 libavcodec.so

rm libavformat.so
ln -s libavformat.so.52 libavformat.so

rm libavutil.so
ln -s libavutil.so.49 libavutil.so

rm libcvaux.so
ln -s libcvaux.so.4 libcvaux.so

rm libcv.so
ln -s libcv.so.4 libcv.so

rm libcxcore.so
ln -s libcxcore.so.4 libcxcore.so

rm libdc1394.so
ln -s libdc1394.so.22 libdc1394.so

rm libhighgui.so
ln -s libhighgui.so.4 libhighgui.so

rm libml.so
ln -s libml.so.4 libml.so

rm libswscale.so
ln -s libswscale.so.0 libswscale.so

I'm not SIVP and/or OpenCV expert, I did not use it before your e-mail,
but it seems that it works after aforementioned manipulations.
I can run all SIVP Demonstrations.

Hope this helps.

--
With best regards,
Ph.D.,

Hi
Everything works fine on windows, but unforunately i need to work with linux.
It appears ATOMS has not been configured to run correctly on Linux Mint. This is a real same. Without the toolkits, its reduce capability is a big hit.

Would this be worth submitting as a bug report?

Dave

Re: SIVP problem via ATOMS with Linux Mint 18.1 - HELP

Hello David,

Le 11/11/2017 à 11:29, David Brant a écrit :
Hi
Everything works fine on windows, but unforunately i need to work with linux.
It appears ATOMS has not been configured to run correctly on Linux Mint.

Could you be more explicit? What's the problem with ATOMS, and with which Scilab version?
If you get error messages, which one?

David Brant David Brant

[Scilab-users] SIVP problem via ATOMS with Linux Mint 18.1 - HELP

Hello

I didn't spot the SIVP ATOMS page article, but many thanks to  Nikolay for his excellent reply .

I followed the instructions and much to my surprise it now works perfectly!

Very much appreciated

Best regards

Dave