[Scilab-users] SciNetCDF toolbox on Darwin/OSX?

gilles gilles

[Scilab-users] SciNetCDF toolbox on Darwin/OSX?

Dear all, has anyone successfully compiled the scinetcdf toolbox on a
Darwin/OSX machine?
I'm running Scilab 6.0.2 on a MBP with Mojave, facing some problems with
Atoms (does not run), and trying to install the Scinetcdf toolbox manually.
I'm following the explanations given in a previous post (*) by one
maintainer (Ekin Akoglu), in order to compile the toolbox, since binaries
are only provided for Linux and Windows distribs.
I've adapted the package for OSX with some success, but i'm clueless with
the last error message. I guess the problem lies with some library path but
i cannot find which one is faulty.
All the bets -gilles

(*)

Re: SciNetCDF toolbox on Darwin/OSX?

Hello,

Le 29/05/2019 à 11:35, gilles a écrit :
> Dear all, has anyone successfully compiled the scinetcdf toolbox on a
> Darwin/OSX machine?
> I'm running Scilab 6.0.2 on a MBP with Mojave, facing some problems with
> Atoms (does not run),

What do you mean by "does not run". Is it the Atoms GUI that does not
run as expected or do you have problem during the installation of some
module ?

>   and trying to install the Scinetcdf toolbox manually.
> I'm following the explanations given in a previous post (*) by one
> maintainer (Ekin Akoglu), in order to compile the toolbox, since binaries
> are only provided for Linux and Windows distribs.
> I've adapted the package for OSX with some success, but i'm clueless with
> the last error message.
Which message ?

gilles gilles

Re: SciNetCDF toolbox on Darwin/OSX?

mottelet wrote
> Le 29/05/2019 à 11:35, gilles a écrit :
>> Dear all, has anyone successfully compiled the scinetcdf toolbox on a
>> Darwin/OSX machine?
>> I'm running Scilab 6.0.2 on a MBP with Mojave, facing some problems with
>> Atoms (does not run),
>
> What do you mean by "does not run". Is it the Atoms GUI that does not
> run as expected or do you have problem during the installation of some
> module ?

Dear Stéphane, thanks for bothering. I cannot get anything to work with
Atoms, but this is another problem: my present post is about the toolbox
SciNetCDF, which is only compiled for Windows and Linux. So i'm trying to
adapt the package to Darwin.
Many thanks for your great help with Scilab, by the way!
best -gilles