Quantcast

[Scilab-users] Scilab 6 // Redefinement of permanent variable does not raise an error!?

Dirk Reusch Dirk Reusch

[Scilab-users] Scilab 6 // Redefinement of permanent variable does not raise an error!?

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Scilab 6 // Redefinement of permanent variable does not raise an error!?

Le 07/05/2017 à 18:39, Dirk Reusch a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> -----------------------------------
>
> Startup execution:
>
> ->a = 123
>   a  =
>
>      123.
>
> -->predef("all")
>
> -->a=456
>
> Redefining permanent variable.
>
> -->a
>   a  =
>
>      123.
>
> -----------------------------------
>
> IMHO, an error should be raised as in Scilab 5.5.x!

It is the case:
--> a = 456
Redefining permanent variable.

--> lasterror
  ans  =
Redefining permanent variable.

Dirk Reusch Dirk Reusch

Re: Scilab 6 // Redefinement of permanent variable does not raise an error!?

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Scilab 6 // Redefinement of permanent variable does not raise an error!?

Hello Dirk,

Le 08/05/2017 à 10:16, Dirk Reusch a écrit :
Hi Samuel,

Yes, you are right ... I was looking for a message like "error: ....",
so may be the formatting of the message could be improved?

Anyway, there is another glitch:

------------------------------------

Startup execution:

--> a=123;predef("all");a=456

Redefining permanent variable.

--> [msg,err]=lasterror()
 err  =

   999.

 msg  =

 Redefining permanent variable.

It seems, that the error number is now 999 and it has
been or should be 13 (cf. help error_table)?.

As indicated in the Scilab 6.0.0 CHANGES file (section Feature changes and additions), error numbers are deprecated. I guess that the table of error numbers is still distributed just for the record, because Scilab and external codes have not been changed to yield proper error messages instead of obscure numbers. The deprecation has not been performed in a clean way. In the same way, lasterror() should no longer propose returning an err output. etc.