[Scilab-users] Scilab 6 : unable to display variables

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Lesept Lesept
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Scilab-users] Scilab 6 : unable to display variables

I'm using Scilab 6 on Windows 7.
When I execute Scilab, everything goes well, but after a certain delay, I am
enable to display variables' values. E.g., if I type
d=6
this creates the new variable 'd', I can see it in the 'navigateur de
variables', but the console does not provide any answer to that command.
Then if I type 'd', no answer again. To display the value I have to use
'disp(d)'.
Is this a bug?
When I used Scilab 5, I didn't have this problem.

Also, Scilab is not linked to .sce or .sci files, I have to load these files
manually in the editor.

Thanks for your help
F. Auzanneau



--
Sent from: http://mailinglists.scilab.org/Scilab-users-Mailing-Lists-Archives-f2602246.html
_______________________________________________
users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.scilab.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Samuel GOUGEON Samuel GOUGEON
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Scilab 6 : unable to display variables

Hello Fabrice,

Le 30/10/2017 à 10:21, Lesept a écrit :

> I'm using Scilab 6 on Windows 7.
> When I execute Scilab, everything goes well, but after a certain delay, I am
> enable to display variables' values. E.g., if I type
> d=6
> this creates the new variable 'd', I can see it in the 'navigateur de
> variables', but the console does not provide any answer to that command.
> Then if I type 'd', no answer again. To display the value I have to use
> 'disp(d)'.
> Is this a bug?
> When I used Scilab 5, I didn't have this problem.

Something in a script might have changed the mode(). To get back the
display, you may try to input
mode(2)
in the console

> Also, Scilab is not linked to .sce or .sci files, I have to load these files
> manually in the editor.
This is a matter with your OS.
For my part, i do not link these extensions to Scilab, because otherwise
a new Scilab session
is opened for each double-clicked file, instead of sending them to the
already opened session.

HTH
Samuel

_______________________________________________
users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.scilab.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Samuel GOUGEON Samuel GOUGEON
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Scilab 6 : unable to display variables

Le 30/10/2017 à 10:33, Samuel Gougeon a écrit :

>
> Le 30/10/2017 à 10:21, Lesept a écrit :
>
>> Also, Scilab is not linked to .sce or .sci files, I have to load
>> these files
>> manually in the editor.
> This is a matter with your OS.
> For my part, i do not link these extensions to Scilab, because
> otherwise a new Scilab session
> is opened for each double-clicked file, instead of sending them to the
> already opened session.

By the way, it is easy to drag and drop a file directly where you want
in the Scilab desktop:
Dragging it in the console executes it. Dragging it in Scinotes edits
it. IMO it is a more accurate
way to process.

_______________________________________________
users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.scilab.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Lesept Lesept
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Scilab 6 : unable to display variables

Thank you Samuel
That's what I do (drag and drop).
I'll add 'mode(2)' in the script that causes the error.



--
Sent from: http://mailinglists.scilab.org/Scilab-users-Mailing-Lists-Archives-f2602246.html
_______________________________________________
users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.scilab.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Samuel GOUGEON Samuel GOUGEON
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Scilab 6 : unable to display variables

In reply to this post by Samuel GOUGEON
Le 30/10/2017 à 10:33, Samuel Gougeon a écrit :

> Hello Fabrice,
>
> Le 30/10/2017 à 10:21, Lesept a écrit :
>> I'm using Scilab 6 on Windows 7.
>> When I execute Scilab, everything goes well, but after a certain
>> delay, I am
>> enable to display variables' values. E.g., if I type
>> d=6
>> this creates the new variable 'd', I can see it in the 'navigateur de
>> variables', but the console does not provide any answer to that command.
>> Then if I type 'd', no answer again. To display the value I have to use
>> 'disp(d)'.
>> Is this a bug?
>> When I used Scilab 5, I didn't have this problem.
>
> Something in a script might have changed the mode(). To get back the
> display, you may try to input
> mode(2)
> in the console
Normally, after executing a script changing the mode() (with exec()),
the mode() should not
be changed in the calling environment.
When doing extensive tests when rewriting the mode() page (attached), i
noticed some
"overflow" affecting the console when putting mode(..) in a callback.
But today i did other
tests (only with console menus, not with uimenus), and mode(.) in
callback no longer
affect the console mode. So, i no longer have clear idea about the
mode() overflows
that are sometimes observed, actually. There might be some "wild
overflows", yielded
only by some specific hardcoded instructions...? Hard to say.
For callbacks, may be i did first tests with uimenu or uicontrol, and
the behavior with
addmenu is different?! I am a bit bored with all these tests in all ways :(
I hope that for uicontrols, the callback behavior is the same for all
uicontrol styles!

In practical, i am afraid that if you put mode(2) at the end of your
script and you run it
with exec(), mode(2) will not fixed the issue. Does it?

BR
Samuel


_______________________________________________
users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.scilab.org/mailman/listinfo/users

mode.pdf (61K) Download Attachment