[Scilab-users] Scilab Cloud App

Jens Jens

[Scilab-users] Scilab Cloud App

Hallo,
I happended to see the page Scilab Cloud App, and was attracted by the slogan "Don’t waste your time in learning HTML/JS".

I know web applets being availabe to the public via an URL and allowing some mathematical calculations after some inputs.

  • Given a functional Scilab script including a couple of functions, does the associated Scilab Cloud App allow public acces to this script, when I publish the appropriate URL on my webpage?
  • Is there a Scilab Cloud App (any content is welcome) which I coud run as an example?

Trying this one on Firefox lead to nothing.

Kind regards
Jens

Re: Scilab Cloud App

Hallo Jens,

Well, first the Scilab Cloud App service is not free, if you wish to test it please contact
[hidden email] !

A demonstation video is available as https://youtu.be/MaPKnUIEwoY ; as you might notice, the user
interaction is limited to uicontrol and plot management. There is no way to get the code out of the
web service if the application/toolbox/script does not allow that.

Technically speaking, this is not a web applet technology (Scilab running within the browser) but rather a
web service technology (Scilab running within the cloud/servers).

Le samedi 23 juin 2018 à 19:53 +0200, Jens Simon Strom a écrit :

> Hallo,
> I happended to see the page Scilab Cloud App, and was attracted by the slogan "Don’t waste your
> time in learning HTML/JS".
>
> I know web applets being availabe to the public via an URL and allowing some mathematical
> calculations after some inputs.
>
> Given a functional Scilab script including a couple of functions, does the associated Scilab Cloud
> App allow public acces to this script, when I publish the appropriate URL on my webpage?
> Is there a Scilab Cloud App (any content is welcome) which I coud run as an example?
>
> Trying this one on Firefox lead to nothing.
>

> Kind regards
> Jens
Sandeep Nagar Sandeep Nagar

Re: Scilab Cloud App

Hi,

Here is an option from Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay (link)

Regards
---------
My books
My Amazon Author Profile
Training profile: http://sandeepnagar4.wix.com/compuski
Research profile: Google Scholar , LinkedinResearchgate
---------
Dr. Sandeep Nagar

On Fri, Jun 29, 2018 at 5:33 PM Clément David <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hallo Jens,

Well, first the Scilab Cloud App service is not free, if you wish to test it please contact
[hidden email] !

A demonstation video is available as https://youtu.be/MaPKnUIEwoY ; as you might notice, the user
interaction is limited to uicontrol and plot management. There is no way to get the code out of the
web service if the application/toolbox/script does not allow that.

Technically speaking, this is not a web applet technology (Scilab running within the browser) but rather a
web service technology (Scilab running within the cloud/servers).

Le samedi 23 juin 2018 à 19:53 +0200, Jens Simon Strom a écrit :
> Hallo,
> I happended to see the page Scilab Cloud App, and was attracted by the slogan "Don’t waste your
> time in learning HTML/JS".
>
> I know web applets being availabe to the public via an URL and allowing some mathematical
> calculations after some inputs.
>
> Given a functional Scilab script including a couple of functions, does the associated Scilab Cloud
> App allow public acces to this script, when I publish the appropriate URL on my webpage?
> Is there a Scilab Cloud App (any content is welcome) which I coud run as an example?
>
> Trying this one on Firefox lead to nothing.
>

> Kind regards
> Jens
Sandeep Nagar Sandeep Nagar

Re: Scilab Cloud App

Sorry the link given in previous mail is for main project. The link to cloud app is here.

Regards
---------

On Fri, Jun 29, 2018 at 5:48 PM Sandeep Nagar <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

Here is an option from Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay (link)

Regards
---------
My books
My Amazon Author Profile
Training profile: http://sandeepnagar4.wix.com/compuski
Research profile: Google Scholar , LinkedinResearchgate
---------
Dr. Sandeep Nagar

On Fri, Jun 29, 2018 at 5:33 PM Clément David <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hallo Jens,

Well, first the Scilab Cloud App service is not free, if you wish to test it please contact
[hidden email] !

A demonstation video is available as https://youtu.be/MaPKnUIEwoY ; as you might notice, the user
interaction is limited to uicontrol and plot management. There is no way to get the code out of the
web service if the application/toolbox/script does not allow that.

Technically speaking, this is not a web applet technology (Scilab running within the browser) but rather a
web service technology (Scilab running within the cloud/servers).

Le samedi 23 juin 2018 à 19:53 +0200, Jens Simon Strom a écrit :
> Hallo,
> I happended to see the page Scilab Cloud App, and was attracted by the slogan "Don’t waste your
> time in learning HTML/JS".
>
> I know web applets being availabe to the public via an URL and allowing some mathematical
> calculations after some inputs.
>
> Given a functional Scilab script including a couple of functions, does the associated Scilab Cloud
> App allow public acces to this script, when I publish the appropriate URL on my webpage?
> Is there a Scilab Cloud App (any content is welcome) which I coud run as an example?
>
> Trying this one on Firefox lead to nothing.
>

> Kind regards
> Jens
Jens Jens

Re: Scilab Cloud App

Hallo,
https://cloud.scilab.in/ is a gratifying page. It is clear, straightforward and functions at the first approach. Ich will use it in communication with potential Scilab users who hesitate to install Scilab on their computer. They will see at once how Scilab looks like and possibly develop some appetite for the real thing.
Cheers
Jens