[Scilab-users] Scilab/XCos - recommendable Book

Yves Rambi Yves Rambi

[Scilab-users] Scilab/XCos - recommendable Book

Can someone recommend a good and exhaustive ebook to buy for Scilab/XCos
(introduction and further reading)?

Thank you

Dr.Umut Durak Dr.Umut Durak

Re: Scilab/XCos - recommendable Book

I would strongly suggest Modeling and Simulation in Scilab/Scicos with
ScicosLab 4.4 (https://www.springer.com/fr/book/9781441955265). It is
from 2010 but to my knowledge, the most comprehensive text available.

On 05.10.2017 12:58, Yves Rambi wrote:

> Can someone recommend a good and exhaustive ebook to buy for Scilab/XCos
> (introduction and further reading)?
>

> Thank you
>

> Regards

Dr.Umut Durak

Adjunct Lecturer
TU Clausthal Institute of Informatics
Julius-Albert-Str. 4, Room 119
38678 Clausthal-Zellerfeld
Phone: +49 5323 72-7129

Research Scientist
DLR e.V. Institute of Flight Systems
Lilienthalplatz 7
38108 Braunschweig
Phone: +49 531 296-2907

Philippe Roux Philippe Roux

Le 05/10/2017 à 12:58, Yves Rambi a écrit :
> Can someone recommend a good and exhaustive ebook to buy for Scilab/XCos
> (introduction and further reading)?

As a French speaker I read the book wrote by Yvon Degré and Serge Steer
and I think it is very goog! It is available in paper and in many
electronic formats as pdf, html epub and you can also buy chapters
independently:

https://www.d-booker.fr/scilab-2-xcos/112-scilab-xcos.html

unfortunately it hasn't been yet translated in english ... the first
book of this collection has been translated and is available in epub  :

https://www.d-booker.fr/scilab-book1/325-scilab-fundamentals.html

you can see a preview of some chapters in pdf :

https://www.d-booker.fr/GALERIE/public/scilab-en/excerpts/_scilab-base-en-first-pages-ch21.pdf

Philippe

Stefan Du Rietz Stefan Du Rietz

On 2017-10-05 17:25, philippe wrote:

> Le 05/10/2017 à 12:58, Yves Rambi a écrit :
>> Can someone recommend a good and exhaustive ebook to buy for Scilab/XCos
>> (introduction and further reading)?
>
> As a French speaker I read the book wrote by Yvon Degré and Serge Steer
> and I think it is very goog! It is available in paper and in many
> electronic formats as pdf, html epub and you can also buy chapters
> independently:
>
> https://www.d-booker.fr/scilab-2-xcos/112-scilab-xcos.html
>
> unfortunately it hasn't been yet translated in english ... the first
> book of this collection has been translated and is available in epub  :
>
> https://www.d-booker.fr/scilab-book1/325-scilab-fundamentals.html
>
> you can see a preview of some chapters in pdf :
>
> https://www.d-booker.fr/GALERIE/public/scilab-en/excerpts/_scilab-base-en-first-pages-ch21.pdf
>
> Philippe

I bought this in 2011 from Amazon:
"Modeling and Simulation in Scilab/Scicos with ScicosLab 4.4"

Stephen L Campbell, Jean-Philippe Chancelier, Ramine Nikoukhah; Second
edition, Hardcover; $56.90

Today:
You can find it on the Internet.

http://www.scicos.org/book.html
Chapter 7
http://www.scicos.org/book/ScilabScicosBook-Ch7.pdf

Regards
Stefan

Yves Rambi Yves Rambi

Re: Scilab/XCos - recommendable Book

Thanks for your help

Claus Futtrup Claus Futtrup

Re: Scilab/XCos - recommendable Book

Hi Scilab

 >unfortunately it hasn't been yet translated in english

In my opinion, the book(s) should be translated, so that I can buy and
read it (i.e. - so that these books can reach a broader audience).

Best regards,
Claus