[Scilab-users] Scilab & cdf-file format

der_Phil der_Phil

[Scilab-users] Scilab & cdf-file format

Dear Users,

Is there any Scilab toolbox available, handling the cdf-file-format?

cdf = "common data file", which was original developed by NASA :   https://cdf.gsfc.nasa.gov/

Thank you,
Philipp

Re: Scilab & cdf-file format

Hello,

From my knowledge there is no existing toolbox to manage this CDF format. However conversion tools exists [1] that can convert CDF to HDF4 and HDF4 to HDF5 (natively supported by Scilab) ; IMHO this will be the simpler way to handle that format.

You could also :

  1. use SWIG to create your own toolbox mapping the C API to Scilab

OR

  1. the CDFj package to call CDF function using Java from Scilab (there might be some dataset copies)

[1]: https://cdf.gsfc.nasa.gov/html/faq.html#conversion

arctica1963 arctica1963

Re: Scilab & cdf-file format

Hello

There is a toolbox for 5.5.2 called scinetcdf which will work - this will
work with the standard netCDF format. However, it will not work in version
6.x of Scilab. Perhaps a Scilab expert could look at how to get it compiled
for the latest Scilab?

Cheers

Lester

Re: Scilab & cdf-file format

Le 12/02/2021 à 15:55, arctica1963 a écrit :
> Hello
>
> There is a toolbox for 5.5.2 called scinetcdf which will work - this will
> work with the standard netCDF format. However, it will not work in version
> 6.x of Scilab. Perhaps a Scilab expert could look at how to get it compiled
> for the latest Scilab?
https://atoms.scilab.org/toolboxes/scinetcdf/1.2#comment3102

der_Phil der_Phil

Re: Scilab & cdf-file format

Dear,
thanks for the suggestions.
I did install scilab 5.5.2 & the scinetcdf-toolbox.

Turns out: The cdf-file at hand is of other format:

ncread(inFile, "GMT");
                      !--error 999
ncread: nc_open() returned the error -51: NetCDF: Unknown file format.

BR
Philipp