[Scilab-users] Scilab cannot work on macOS 10.15 Catalina: Any progress in sight?

Chin Luh Tan Chin Luh Tan

[Scilab-users] Scilab cannot work on macOS 10.15 Catalina: Any progress in sight?

Hi,

I just aware that Samuel has pointed out about the "hijacking" a thread, in fact, this topic was hijacked from the original topic "[Scilab-users] lincos instruction : example file pendulum_anim45.zcos is corrupted - Buggzilla 16221" .

Look at this link:

We would not able to see the topic on MacOS but instead, it is hiding under the lincos topic.

How it happens?

I think a lot of time when we wanted to post to the user list, we just simple open one email, and the click reply, delete the contents and put in new subjects, and this is how we hijacked a topic. So the original topic looks very active, but it was talking about something else.

From email, it looks ok, but if you refer to the link above, we can see the problem.

I've to admit that I've done that before as well. :)

What's the impact?

The thread become very messy and misleading for future reference.

So to avoid this happen again, click on new email and sent to the user list, it will create a new thread.

I've create a new thread for this MacOS case, please reply to this thread for only this topic. :)

Thanks everyone.

Regards,
CL

Chin Luh Tan Chin Luh Tan

Re: Scilab cannot work on macOS 10.15 Catalina: Any progress in sight?

correction, i meant, this topic had hijacked the topic "[Scilab-users] lincos instruction : example file pendulum_anim45.zcos is corrupted - Buggzilla 16221" , not the other way.

apologize to Pierre PERRICHON for hijacking your thread. :)

rgds,
CL

---- On Tue, 12 Nov 2019 01:01:31 +0800 Chin Luh Tan <[hidden email]> wrote ----

Hi,

I just aware that Samuel has pointed out about the "hijacking" a thread, in fact, this topic was hijacked from the original topic "[Scilab-users] lincos instruction : example file pendulum_anim45.zcos is corrupted - Buggzilla 16221" .

Look at this link:

We would not able to see the topic on MacOS but instead, it is hiding under the lincos topic.

How it happens?

I think a lot of time when we wanted to post to the user list, we just simple open one email, and the click reply, delete the contents and put in new subjects, and this is how we hijacked a topic. So the original topic looks very active, but it was talking about something else.

From email, it looks ok, but if you refer to the link above, we can see the problem.

Le 11/11/2019 à 18:01, Chin Luh Tan a écrit :
Hi,

I just aware that Samuel has pointed out about the "hijacking" a thread, in fact, this topic was hijacked from the original topic "[Scilab-users] lincos instruction : example file pendulum_anim45.zcos is corrupted - Buggzilla 16221" .

Look at this link:

We would not able to see the topic on MacOS but instead, it is hiding under the lincos topic.

How it happens?

I think a lot of time when we wanted to post to the user list, we just simple open one email, and the click reply, delete the contents and put in new subjects, and this is how we hijacked a topic. So the original topic looks very active, but it was talking about something else.

From email, it looks ok,

Thank you, Chin Luh.

It's the same issue with emails, if the mailer is set to thread mails (i could not work without this feature. Who could?).
If a hijacked thread is folded, the hijacking discussion becomes completely hidden.

Chin Luh Tan Chin Luh Tan

Re: Scilab cannot work on macOS 10.15 Catalina: Any progress in sight?

Thanks Samuel for pointing this out. yes, you're right, if we've group the email, it will be the same as the one seen in the link, unless we've chosen the "Flatten" view in the email client.

We shall open another new thread on this discussion or else it will not match the subject again. :)

rgds,
CL

---- On Tue, 12 Nov 2019 03:39:01 +0800 Samuel Gougeon <[hidden email]> wrote ----

Le 11/11/2019 à 18:01, Chin Luh Tan a écrit :
Hi,

I just aware that Samuel has pointed out about the "hijacking" a thread, in fact, this topic was hijacked from the original topic "[Scilab-users] lincos instruction : example file pendulum_anim45.zcos is corrupted - Buggzilla 16221" .

Look at this link:

We would not able to see the topic on MacOS but instead, it is hiding under the lincos topic.

How it happens?

I think a lot of time when we wanted to post to the user list, we just simple open one email, and the click reply, delete the contents and put in new subjects, and this is how we hijacked a topic. So the original topic looks very active, but it was talking about something else.

From email, it looks ok,

Thank you, Chin Luh.

It's the same issue with emails, if the mailer is set to thread mails (i could not work without this feature. Who could?).
If a hijacked thread is folded, the hijacking discussion becomes completely hidden.

Chin Luh Tan Chin Luh Tan

Re: Scilab cannot work on macOS 10.15 Catalina: Any progress in sight?

We have move the MacOS discussion to this new thread, please reply to this thread in the future for this discussion.

I will answer the modification on the atomsExtract.sci first.

Once you have edit the function, you need to run the sci file above in order to use the updated code. However, this will only valid for temporary as long as you Scilab is active, and you did not run the command "clear" in Scilab.

To make it permanent for your machines, u can run the buildmacros.sci in the modules/atoms/macros (to be confirm, i am on windows now), the it will "compile" the sci file and make it permanent for you.

Thanks.

rgds,
CL

-----------------------
Hi,

I installed the Scilab from the new dmg:

=========
--> [version, opts] = getversion()
opts =

!GCC x64 modelicac release Aug 19 2019 11:47:50 !

version =

scilab-6.0.2
=========

When running Atoms from the menu it still would start nor populate the
atoms-list.

Running from terminal, this allows to run atomsList from command line but
not from. In fact the menu does not react to the mouse.

atomsInstall works from the command line, though.

Edited the atomsExtract.sci as described above, but I guess the sci has to
be re-compiled, correct?

Anyway, I restarted scilab ap by clicking on the app icon, and now I could
start the atoms GUI from the menu.

IPCV still shows the sub-directory issues. I fixed this again manually by
moving files and sue-dirs around.

Then I tried to install another module ("Neural Networks ..."). Again the
regex issue:

=======
Startup execution:

Start CelestLab => Version 3.3.1

Start IPCV 4.1 for Scilab 6.0
Image Processing and Computer Vision Toolbox for Scilab
2019 - Bytecode Malaysia
    Load macros
    Load dependencies

Pre-Compiled OpenCV lib used
    Load gateways
    Load help
    Load demos

at line 5 of function processHTMLLinks (
/Applications/scilab-6.0.2.app/Contents/MacOS/share/scilab/modules/atoms/macros/atoms_gui/cbAtomsGui.sci
line 427 )
at line 113 of function updateDescFrame (
/Applications/scilab-6.0.2.app/Contents/MacOS/share/scilab/modules/atoms/macros/atoms_gui/cbAtomsGui.sci
line 286 )
at line 22 of function cbAtomsGui (
/Applications/scilab-6.0.2.app/Contents/MacOS/share/scilab/modules/atoms/macros/atoms_gui/cbAtomsGui.sci
line 36 )

regexp: Unknown error.
=======

So... no apparent change on my machine to the previous version (official
stable release) of Scilab 6.0.2.. Sorry.

jean-philippe grivet jean-philippe grivet

[Scilab-users] strange behaviof of function isreal

Hello,
I have stumbled upon the following strange behavior of function "isreal"
(Scilab 6.02, win7):

  z  =
    1.   2.   3.i
--> isreal(z(1))
  ans  =
What did I miss ? Rhank you for your help.

J.-P. Grivet

Christophe Dang Ngoc Chan Christophe Dang Ngoc Chan