[Scilab-users] Set default working directory at start

arctica1963 arctica1963

[Scilab-users] Set default working directory at start

Hello,

A basic query, but how can I make sure that the default starting
directory is set to say c:\programs\scilab_work ?  Every time Scilab
starts it is deafulted to c:\windows\system32\ - there is no
preference option to set this in 5.4.1 (windows 64-bit).

I can change to the working directory fine, but it can be time
consuming if you have long paths to deal with.

There is no scilab.ini file - and not sure what would go in this if it
is required.

Thanks

Lester
Serge Steer-3 Serge Steer-3

Re: Set default working directory at start

You can create a scilab.ini file the directory pointed to by the Scilab
variable SCIHOME. The Scilab instructions stored in the scilab.ini file
are executed eac time Scilab is loaded.

Serge Steer

Le 01/12/2015 12:09, Lester Anderson a écrit :

> Hello,
>
> A basic query, but how can I make sure that the default starting
> directory is set to say c:\programs\scilab_work ?  Every time Scilab
> starts it is deafulted to c:\windows\system32\ - there is no
> preference option to set this in 5.4.1 (windows 64-bit).
>
> I can change to the working directory fine, but it can be time
> consuming if you have long paths to deal with.
>
> There is no scilab.ini file - and not sure what would go in this if it
> is required.
>
> Thanks
>
> Lester

Re: Set default working directory at start

This feature has been added to Preferences in Scilab 5.5. You may upgrade to 5.5.2.
It then allows as well to set the starting directory equal to the one that Scilab left in the previous session.
Very handy.

Samuel Gougeon
noguchi noguchi

Re: [Scilab-users] Set default working directory at start

I am using Scilab 5.5.2  64bit on my windows 7 PC.

I am not sure how I can change the starting directory.
May I ask how I can change the starting directory when we start Scilab?

Thanks.
W.Schulz W.Schulz

Re: Set default working directory at start

Menu Edit/Preferences

Claus Futtrup Claus Futtrup

Re: Set default working directory at start

Hi Noguchi-san

Response from Wolfgang Schulz is good. I just wish to elaborate, there
are different settings for directories, like "home" and "SCIHOME" ...
Please see for example: https://help.scilab.org/docs/6.0.0/en_US/home.html

Best regards,
Claus

noguchi noguchi

Re: Set default working directory at start

Thanks.

However, I don't really understand what does "Menu Edit/Preferences " mean.

From the SCilab console, I know there is SCilab setting menu. We can change color, SCinotes and Xcos settings.
However, I failed to find the place so thatI can change Home directry.

Noguchi

> I am using Scilab 5.5.2  64bit on my windows 7 PC.
>
> I am not sure how I can change the starting directory.
> May I ask how I can change the starting directory when we start Scilab?
>

> Thanks.

To unsubscribe from [Scilab-users] Set default working directory at start, click here .
NAML
noguchi noguchi

Re: Set default working directory at start

Claus-san,

My home and SCIHOME are as follows:

 home  =  C:\Users\Noguchi_Yoshikazu

 SCIHOME  =  C:\Users\NOGUCH~1\AppData\Roaming\Scilab\scilab-5.5.2

How I can change my SCIHOME Directry to my prefered Directory?
I failed to find such menu in Scilab console. (Scilab 5.5.2)

NAML

Le 12/04/2017 à 13:02, noguchi a écrit :
> Thanks.
>
> However, I don't really understand what does "Menu Edit/Preferences "
> mean.
>
> From the SCilab console, I know there is SCilab setting menu. We can
> change color, SCinotes and Xcos settings.
> However, I failed to find the place so thatI can change Home directry.

"General" item => "Startup directory" frame

noguchi noguchi

Re: Set default working directory at start

In my Scilab console, I don't have such "Startup directory" in "General" item.

In general Item, I have following three items:
1. Confirmation Dialogue
2. Desktop Layout
3. Shortcut

How I can find "Startup directory" in my Scilab 5.5.2 windows version with language = Japanease case?

NAML
noguchi noguchi

Re: Set default working directory at start

Thanks.

I finaly find the place I should set.

Thanks a lot.