[Scilab-users] Some errors and a question.

PabloF PabloF

[Scilab-users] Some errors and a question.

Hi:

First of all, i cannot run scilab 6.0 in Ubuntu 17.10, gives GTKLookAndFeel error that was adressed in the past, but not resolved.

Second, in my Ubuntu 16.04 PC, scilab 6.0 gives seg fault when trying to use bode function.

And last, is there a way to simulate a trasnfer function with delay using csim? i'm using pade aproximation by hand right now...

Richard llom Richard llom

Re: Some errors and a question.

PabloF wrote:
> First of all, i cannot run scilab 6.0 in Ubuntu 17.10, gives
> GTKLookAndFeel error that was adressed in the past, but not resolved.

I cannot reproduce on my linux machine, but I'm also not using Ubuntu.
However the error is kinda strange, since Scilab doesn't use the Gimp
Toolkit (GTK). So I suspect it is something wrong with your environment /
desktop setting.

> Second, in my Ubuntu 16.04 PC, scilab 6.0 gives seg fault when trying to
> use bode function.

Can you provide a minimal code snippet to reproduce?

> And last, is there a way to simulate a trasnfer function with delay using
> csim? i'm using pade aproximation by hand right now...

Sorry no clue about that one.

regards
richard

PabloF PabloF

Re: Some errors and a question.

Hi, Thanks for your answer.

Yes, it could be. Anyway i'm not the only getting this error on ubuntu. See this link: https://www.scivision.co/install-scilab-linux/

> Second, in my Ubuntu 16.04 PC, scilab 6.0 gives seg fault when trying to
> use bode function.

Can you provide a minimal code snippet to reproduce?

t1 = 1225; t2 = 3245;
tau = 3/2 * ( t2 - t1 )
theta = t2 - tau

s=poly(0,'s')
G=syslin('c',1.72/(1+tau*s)*(2-s*theta)/(2+s*theta))
bode(G)

In console, it gives: Segmentation fault (core dumped) (ubuntu 16.04, scilab 6) In scilab 5.5.2 works fine the same code.

Richard llom Richard llom

Re: Some errors and a question.

>> Can you provide a minimal code snippet to reproduce?

> t1 = 1225; t2 = 3245;
> tau = 3/2 * ( t2 - t1 )
> theta = t2 - tau
>
> s=poly(0,'s')
> G=syslin('c',1.72/(1+tau*s)*(2-s*theta)/(2+s*theta))
> bode(G)

This code snippet runs fine for me on linux and win10.
Judging from other linux problems discussed here on the ML it is most likely
an issue with your graphics driver. So I would suggest looking into that
(updating mesa, etc.).

hth
richard