[Scilab-users] Toolbox for calling external C++ libraries

ejonah ejonah

[Scilab-users] Toolbox for calling external C++ libraries

Hi,

I want to be able to import C++ functions using Scipy api. The examples in
the documentation are for C or Fortran. Can anyone help me with a simply
guide as to how to do this with C++? An example will be helpful.

Second question: What version of modern C++ does Scilab support?

Thanks

NB: I am running Scilab 6.1.0 on Windows 10.

Re: Toolbox for calling external C++ libraries

Hi,

Scilab 6 has an internal C++ API that you could use if you wish to be full C++, it might change from release to release and is not ABI stable. I suggest you use the C API to target a stable API/ABI even if you are developing your code in C++. Each time you wish to send data to Scilab, write them into a Scilab datatype; each time you wish to receive data, read them from a Scilab datatype.

If you prefer to map C++ objects, I suggest you to use SWIG [1] to generate the Scilab C API for you for a specific subset of your code. It will be easy to write a clean C/C++ interface and the generated code is only using the Scilab C API.

[1]: http://www.swig.org/

Heinz Nabielek-3 Heinz Nabielek-3

[Scilab-users] errors (uncertainties) in non-linear least-squares fitting parameters

I have successfully fitted straight lines to my avian mortality Monte-Carlo simulation model (function of turbine size and wind speed distributions):

f(x) = pi (x+p4) with p1 for 7, p2 for 6 and p3 for 5 m/s mean wind speed
   p1 =   0.3930457
   p2 =   0.3492537
   p3 =   0.2987269
   p4 =   4.058154

But, sorry, I do not manage to derive the errors (uncertainties) in the parameters. I know I need the Jacobian, but have been unable to code it in Scilab.

Can you help?
Best greetings
Heinz

BTW, these bird fatalities are far too large when compared to observations: as a next modelling step, I need to introduce avoidance factors.....

Avian Mortality.sce (1K) Download Attachment
Avian Mortality.pdf (68K) Download Attachment