[Scilab-users] Unable to update ATOMS packages - Scilab 6.0.1

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
15 messages Options
Pndsc Pndsc
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Scilab-users] Unable to update ATOMS packages - Scilab 6.0.1

I've just done a fresh install of Scilab on Ubuntu 1804 with KDE Plasma as my
window manager and cannot update anything via ATOMS. Subsequent to checking
for the Atoms packages a dialog is displayed to check my internet
connection, but that is presumably fine since I'm writing this on the same
machine.

I have the following from bash:

HDF5-DIAG: Error detected in HDF5 (1.10.0-patch1) thread 139959785489920:
  #000: ../../../src/H5A.c line 265 in H5Acreate2(): not a location
    major: Invalid arguments to routine
    minor: Inappropriate type
  #001: ../../../src/H5Gloc.c line 253 in H5G_loc(): invalid object ID
    major: Invalid arguments to routine
    minor: Bad value

and running atomsList() in scilab gives:

--> atomsList
Scanning repository http://atoms.scilab.org/6.0 ... Done

at line   265 of function atomsDESCRIPTIONget (
/usr/share/scilab/modules/atoms/macros/atoms_internals/atomsDESCRIPTIONget.sci
line 284 )
at line    38 of function atomsList           (
/usr/share/scilab/modules/atoms/macros/atomsList.sci line 54 )

atomsDESCRIPTIONget: save
('/home/chris/.Scilab/scilab-6.0.1/.atoms/packages') has failed.

-->

Can anyone shed some light on this issue and how I solve it?



--
Sent from: http://mailinglists.scilab.org/Scilab-users-Mailing-Lists-Archives-f2602246.html
_______________________________________________
users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.scilab.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Antoine Monmayrant Antoine Monmayrant
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Unable to update ATOMS packages - Scilab 6.0.1

Hello,

I think I face a similar issue (it's not a problem of internet
connection, it's more an issue with hdf5 support).
It should be fixed in the current nightly build for the 6.0 branch:

https://www.scilab.org/fr/development/nightly_builds/branch60

Hope it helps,

Antoine


Le 08/10/2018 à 17:11, Pndsc a écrit :

> I've just done a fresh install of Scilab on Ubuntu 1804 with KDE Plasma as my
> window manager and cannot update anything via ATOMS. Subsequent to checking
> for the Atoms packages a dialog is displayed to check my internet
> connection, but that is presumably fine since I'm writing this on the same
> machine.
>
> I have the following from bash:
>
> HDF5-DIAG: Error detected in HDF5 (1.10.0-patch1) thread 139959785489920:
>    #000: ../../../src/H5A.c line 265 in H5Acreate2(): not a location
>      major: Invalid arguments to routine
>      minor: Inappropriate type
>    #001: ../../../src/H5Gloc.c line 253 in H5G_loc(): invalid object ID
>      major: Invalid arguments to routine
>      minor: Bad value
>
> and running atomsList() in scilab gives:
>
> --> atomsList
> Scanning repository http://atoms.scilab.org/6.0 ... Done
>
> at line   265 of function atomsDESCRIPTIONget (
> /usr/share/scilab/modules/atoms/macros/atoms_internals/atomsDESCRIPTIONget.sci
> line 284 )
> at line    38 of function atomsList           (
> /usr/share/scilab/modules/atoms/macros/atomsList.sci line 54 )
>
> atomsDESCRIPTIONget: save
> ('/home/chris/.Scilab/scilab-6.0.1/.atoms/packages') has failed.
>
> -->
>
> Can anyone shed some light on this issue and how I solve it?
>
>
>
> --
> Sent from: http://mailinglists.scilab.org/Scilab-users-Mailing-Lists-Archives-f2602246.html
> _______________________________________________
> users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.scilab.org/mailman/listinfo/users
>

_______________________________________________
users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.scilab.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Pndsc Pndsc
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Unable to update ATOMS packages - Scilab 6.0.1

Thanks for the tip.

Is there a handy sudo apt-get id for the nightly build or do I need to unzip
and install a downloaded tar?



--
Sent from: http://mailinglists.scilab.org/Scilab-users-Mailing-Lists-Archives-f2602246.html
_______________________________________________
users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.scilab.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Pndsc Pndsc
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Unable to update ATOMS packages - Scilab 6.0.1

In reply to this post by Pndsc
So to update my own inquiry - as far as I can make out theres no solution to
this problem. Or at least, I havent been able to fix it.

I'm not the only person with this problem - theres an  Ubuntu stackexchange
thread with a suggested fix here
<https://askubuntu.com/questions/1029163/how-to-get-scilab-6-0-1-working-on-ubuntu-18-04-lts/1029164>  
by N0rbert which might prove useful for other people with issues of simply
getting Scilab to work, but does not solve my issue of ATOMS not updating or
displaying an up to date package list.

The HDF5 thing is a known issue and is on the bugtracker here thanks to
N0rbert:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/scilab/+bug/1765503

I have to admit I have a hard time with believing that this issue has been
allowed to persist for so long with the current most widespread linux
distribution out there.

Running an atomsInstall command doesnt work either:

--> atomsInstall("coselica")
Scanning repository http://atoms.scilab.org/6.0 ... Done

at line   265 of function atomsDESCRIPTIONget (
/usr/share/scilab/modules/atoms/macros/atoms_internals/atomsDESCRIPTIONget.sci
line 284 )
at line    31 of function atomsIsPackage      (
/usr/share/scilab/modules/atoms/macros/atoms_internals/atomsIsPackage.sci
line 47 )
at line    69 of function atomsInstallList    (
/usr/share/scilab/modules/atoms/macros/atoms_internals/atomsInstallList.sci
line 108 )
at line   233 of function atomsInstall        (
/usr/share/scilab/modules/atoms/macros/atomsInstall.sci line 249 )

atomsDESCRIPTIONget: save
('/home/chris/.Scilab/scilab-6.0.1/.atoms/packages') has failed.

I dont know if its significant or not, but in
/usr/share/scilab/modules/atoms/etc/ , in the "repositories" text file, the
url for the atoms repository for 6.0 (https://atoms.scilab.org/6.0/) returns
a 443 forbidden error.

Its late here but the next thing on my list to do tomorrow is to download
the package zips manually and installing via atomsInstall('pathtozip').



--
Sent from: http://mailinglists.scilab.org/Scilab-users-Mailing-Lists-Archives-f2602246.html
_______________________________________________
users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.scilab.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Samuel Enibe Samuel Enibe
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Unable to update ATOMS packages - Scilab 6.0.1

I have a similar problem with SCILAB on Ubuntu 1804.

A solution to this problem from the developers of SCILAB or the Ubuntu maintainers will be most appreciated.

Samuel Ogbonna Enibe
University of Nigeria, Nsukka, Nigeria


On Wed, Oct 10, 2018 at 10:37 PM Pndsc <[hidden email]> wrote:
So to update my own inquiry - as far as I can make out theres no solution to
this problem. Or at least, I havent been able to fix it.

I'm not the only person with this problem - theres an  Ubuntu stackexchange
thread with a suggested fix here
<https://askubuntu.com/questions/1029163/how-to-get-scilab-6-0-1-working-on-ubuntu-18-04-lts/1029164
by N0rbert which might prove useful for other people with issues of simply
getting Scilab to work, but does not solve my issue of ATOMS not updating or
displaying an up to date package list.

The HDF5 thing is a known issue and is on the bugtracker here thanks to
N0rbert:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/scilab/+bug/1765503

I have to admit I have a hard time with believing that this issue has been
allowed to persist for so long with the current most widespread linux
distribution out there.

Running an atomsInstall command doesnt work either:

--> atomsInstall("coselica")
Scanning repository http://atoms.scilab.org/6.0 ... Done

at line   265 of function atomsDESCRIPTIONget (
/usr/share/scilab/modules/atoms/macros/atoms_internals/atomsDESCRIPTIONget.sci
line 284 )
at line    31 of function atomsIsPackage      (
/usr/share/scilab/modules/atoms/macros/atoms_internals/atomsIsPackage.sci
line 47 )
at line    69 of function atomsInstallList    (
/usr/share/scilab/modules/atoms/macros/atoms_internals/atomsInstallList.sci
line 108 )
at line   233 of function atomsInstall        (
/usr/share/scilab/modules/atoms/macros/atomsInstall.sci line 249 )

atomsDESCRIPTIONget: save
('/home/chris/.Scilab/scilab-6.0.1/.atoms/packages') has failed.

I dont know if its significant or not, but in
/usr/share/scilab/modules/atoms/etc/ , in the "repositories" text file, the
url for the atoms repository for 6.0 (https://atoms.scilab.org/6.0/) returns
a 443 forbidden error.

Its late here but the next thing on my list to do tomorrow is to download
the package zips manually and installing via atomsInstall('pathtozip').



--
Sent from: http://mailinglists.scilab.org/Scilab-users-Mailing-Lists-Archives-f2602246.html
_______________________________________________
users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.scilab.org/mailman/listinfo/users

_______________________________________________
users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.scilab.org/mailman/listinfo/users
amonmayr amonmayr
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Unable to update ATOMS packages - Scilab 6.0.1

In reply to this post by Pndsc
Le 10/10/2018 à 23:37, Pndsc a écrit :
> So to update my own inquiry - as far as I can make out theres no solution to
> this problem. Or at least, I havent been able to fix it.
Hello,

Did you try using the last nightly from the 6.x-branch, like I suggested
two days ago?

https://www.scilab.org/en/development/nightly_builds/branch60

Did it work?
If it worked, it means this is not an unsolved problem, it is just a
matter of getting this fix to an official scilab release and wait for it
to be packaged by your distro.

Cheers,

Antoine

>
> I'm not the only person with this problem - theres an  Ubuntu stackexchange
> thread with a suggested fix here
> <https://askubuntu.com/questions/1029163/how-to-get-scilab-6-0-1-working-on-ubuntu-18-04-lts/1029164>
> by N0rbert which might prove useful for other people with issues of simply
> getting Scilab to work, but does not solve my issue of ATOMS not updating or
> displaying an up to date package list.
>
> The HDF5 thing is a known issue and is on the bugtracker here thanks to
> N0rbert:
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/scilab/+bug/1765503
>
> I have to admit I have a hard time with believing that this issue has been
> allowed to persist for so long with the current most widespread linux
> distribution out there.
>
> Running an atomsInstall command doesnt work either:
>
> --> atomsInstall("coselica")
> Scanning repository http://atoms.scilab.org/6.0 ... Done
>
> at line   265 of function atomsDESCRIPTIONget (
> /usr/share/scilab/modules/atoms/macros/atoms_internals/atomsDESCRIPTIONget.sci
> line 284 )
> at line    31 of function atomsIsPackage      (
> /usr/share/scilab/modules/atoms/macros/atoms_internals/atomsIsPackage.sci
> line 47 )
> at line    69 of function atomsInstallList    (
> /usr/share/scilab/modules/atoms/macros/atoms_internals/atomsInstallList.sci
> line 108 )
> at line   233 of function atomsInstall        (
> /usr/share/scilab/modules/atoms/macros/atomsInstall.sci line 249 )
>
> atomsDESCRIPTIONget: save
> ('/home/chris/.Scilab/scilab-6.0.1/.atoms/packages') has failed.
>
> I dont know if its significant or not, but in
> /usr/share/scilab/modules/atoms/etc/ , in the "repositories" text file, the
> url for the atoms repository for 6.0 (https://atoms.scilab.org/6.0/) returns
> a 443 forbidden error.
>
> Its late here but the next thing on my list to do tomorrow is to download
> the package zips manually and installing via atomsInstall('pathtozip').
>
>
>
> --
> Sent from: http://mailinglists.scilab.org/Scilab-users-Mailing-Lists-Archives-f2602246.html
> _______________________________________________
> users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.scilab.org/mailman/listinfo/users
>

--
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

  Antoine Monmayrant LAAS - CNRS
  7 avenue du Colonel Roche
  BP 54200
  31031 TOULOUSE Cedex 4
  FRANCE

  Tel:+33 5 61 33 64 59
 
  email : [hidden email]
  permanent email : [hidden email]

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

_______________________________________________
users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.scilab.org/mailman/listinfo/users
mottelet mottelet
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Unable to update ATOMS packages - Scilab 6.0.1

Le 11/10/2018 à 10:52, [hidden email] a écrit :

> Le 10/10/2018 à 23:37, Pndsc a écrit :
>> So to update my own inquiry - as far as I can make out theres no
>> solution to
>> this problem. Or at least, I havent been able to fix it.
> Hello,
>
> Did you try using the last nightly from the 6.x-branch, like I
> suggested two days ago?
>
> https://antispam.utc.fr/proxy/2/c3RlcGhhbmUubW90dGVsZXRAdXRjLmZy/www.scilab.org/en/development/nightly_builds/branch60 
>
>
> Did it work?
> If it worked, it means this is not an unsolved problem, it is just a
> matter of getting this fix to an official scilab release and wait for
> it to be packaged by your distro.
It took already a lot of time to officially package Scilab 6.0.1 instead
of Scilab 5.5.2  in Ubuntu. I am not sure that 6.0.2 will be the next
(6.1, likely). These problems really don't serve the reputation of Scilab...

S.

>
> Cheers,
>
> Antoine
>>
>> I'm not the only person with this problem - theres an  Ubuntu
>> stackexchange
>> thread with a suggested fix here
>> <https://antispam.utc.fr/proxy/2/c3RlcGhhbmUubW90dGVsZXRAdXRjLmZy/askubuntu.com/questions/1029163/how-to-get-scilab-6-0-1-working-on-ubuntu-18-04-lts/1029164>
>>
>> by N0rbert which might prove useful for other people with issues of
>> simply
>> getting Scilab to work, but does not solve my issue of ATOMS not
>> updating or
>> displaying an up to date package list.
>>
>> The HDF5 thing is a known issue and is on the bugtracker here thanks to
>> N0rbert:
>>
>> https://antispam.utc.fr/proxy/2/c3RlcGhhbmUubW90dGVsZXRAdXRjLmZy/bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/scilab/+bug/1765503 
>>
>>
>> I have to admit I have a hard time with believing that this issue has
>> been
>> allowed to persist for so long with the current most widespread linux
>> distribution out there.
>>
>> Running an atomsInstall command doesnt work either:
>>
>> --> atomsInstall("coselica")
>> Scanning repository
>> https://antispam.utc.fr/proxy/1/c3RlcGhhbmUubW90dGVsZXRAdXRjLmZy/atoms.scilab.org/6.0 
>> ... Done
>>
>> at line   265 of function atomsDESCRIPTIONget (
>> /usr/share/scilab/modules/atoms/macros/atoms_internals/atomsDESCRIPTIONget.sci
>>
>> line 284 )
>> at line    31 of function atomsIsPackage      (
>> /usr/share/scilab/modules/atoms/macros/atoms_internals/atomsIsPackage.sci
>>
>> line 47 )
>> at line    69 of function atomsInstallList    (
>> /usr/share/scilab/modules/atoms/macros/atoms_internals/atomsInstallList.sci
>>
>> line 108 )
>> at line   233 of function atomsInstall        (
>> /usr/share/scilab/modules/atoms/macros/atomsInstall.sci line 249 )
>>
>> atomsDESCRIPTIONget: save
>> ('/home/chris/.Scilab/scilab-6.0.1/.atoms/packages') has failed.
>>
>> I dont know if its significant or not, but in
>> /usr/share/scilab/modules/atoms/etc/ , in the "repositories" text
>> file, the
>> url for the atoms repository for 6.0
>> (https://antispam.utc.fr/proxy/2/c3RlcGhhbmUubW90dGVsZXRAdXRjLmZy/atoms.scilab.org/6.0/)
>> returns
>> a 443 forbidden error.
>>
>> Its late here but the next thing on my list to do tomorrow is to
>> download
>> the package zips manually and installing via atomsInstall('pathtozip').
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> Sent from:
>> https://antispam.utc.fr/proxy/1/c3RlcGhhbmUubW90dGVsZXRAdXRjLmZy/mailinglists.scilab.org/Scilab-users-Mailing-Lists-Archives-f2602246.html
>> _______________________________________________
>> users mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> https://antispam.utc.fr/proxy/1/c3RlcGhhbmUubW90dGVsZXRAdXRjLmZy/lists.scilab.org/mailman/listinfo/users 
>>
>>
>

--
Stéphane Mottelet
Ingénieur de recherche
EA 4297 Transformations Intégrées de la Matière Renouvelable
Département Génie des Procédés Industriels
Sorbonne Universités - Université de Technologie de Compiègne
CS 60319, 60203 Compiègne cedex
Tel : +33(0)344234688
http://www.utc.fr/~mottelet

_______________________________________________
users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.scilab.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Claus Futtrup Claus Futtrup
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Unable to update ATOMS packages - Scilab 6.0.1

Dear Scilabers

On 11.10.2018 11:08, Stéphane Mottelet wrote:

 >It took already a lot of time to officially package Scilab 6.0.1
instead of Scilab 5.5.2  in Ubuntu.
 >I am not sure that 6.0.2 will be the next (6.1, likely). These
problems really don't serve the reputation of Scilab...

In the big scheme I agree and wish that installing Scilab would be
straightforward. Maybe pack for a version of Ubuntu that supports
Flatpacks ? (I use the latest Linux Mint).

Best regards,
Claus

---
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus

_______________________________________________
users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.scilab.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Pndsc Pndsc
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Unable to update ATOMS packages - Scilab 6.0.1

In reply to this post by amonmayr
Hi Antoine,

Yes, I had tried the nightly version. Scilab continued to crash after
clicking the ATOMS package manager icon as before.

I've tried several times this evening to download another copy of one of the
nightly versions but there seems to be some kind of issue with the server
this evening - while I can view the downloads page any attempt to download
the nightly release fails on both the problem linux computer and my windows
alternate.

I'll give it another go tomorrow or over the weekend.

Thanks,

Chris.



--
Sent from: http://mailinglists.scilab.org/Scilab-users-Mailing-Lists-Archives-f2602246.html
_______________________________________________
users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.scilab.org/mailman/listinfo/users
amonmayr amonmayr
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Unable to update ATOMS packages - Scilab 6.0.1

Le 11/10/2018 à 23:33, Pndsc a écrit :

> Hi Antoine,
>
> Yes, I had tried the nightly version. Scilab continued to crash after
> clicking the ATOMS package manager icon as before.
>
> I've tried several times this evening to download another copy of one of the
> nightly versions but there seems to be some kind of issue with the server
> this evening - while I can view the downloads page any attempt to download
> the nightly release fails on both the problem linux computer and my windows
> alternate.
>
> I'll give it another go tomorrow or over the weekend.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Chris.
>
>
>
> --
> Sent from: http://mailinglists.scilab.org/Scilab-users-Mailing-Lists-Archives-f2602246.html
> _______________________________________________
> users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.scilab.org/mailman/listinfo/users
>
Hello Chris,

I just tried scilab in Kubuntu 18.04.
I installed kubuntu-full in a Ubuntu 18.04 virtual machine, then scilab
from the ubuntu repos and atoms worked without any problem.

Could you try to purge scilab, remove the content of SCIHOME (something
like ~/.Scilab/scilab-6.0.1) and reinstall from scratch?

Antoine

--
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

  Antoine Monmayrant LAAS - CNRS
  7 avenue du Colonel Roche
  BP 54200
  31031 TOULOUSE Cedex 4
  FRANCE

  Tel:+33 5 61 33 64 59
 
  email : [hidden email]
  permanent email : [hidden email]

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

_______________________________________________
users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.scilab.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Pndsc Pndsc
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Unable to update ATOMS packages - Scilab 6.0.1

So today I've tried:

1) The nightly version. Scilab couldnt find the right version of
libgfortran. Installed gcc-7 g++-7 and fixed the gfortran issue. Original
problem with ATOMS replicated.

2) Nuked the install folder as requested, sudo removed scilab to clean,
installed again. Same problem as before with another repeat of the issue in
the askubuntu thread:

chris@eniac:~$ scilab
Warning: Could not find Java package
'/usr/share/java/jlatexmath-fop-1.0.6.jar'.
Some problems during the loading of the Java libraries occurred.
This could lead to inconsistent behaviours.
Please check SCI/etc/classpath.xml.
HDF5-DIAG: Error detected in HDF5 (1.10.0-patch1) thread 140034842764800:
  #000: ../../../src/H5G.c line 553 in H5Gget_info(): invalid argument
    major: Invalid arguments to routine
    minor: Bad value
HDF5-DIAG: Error detected in HDF5 (1.10.0-patch1) thread 140034842764800:
  #000: ../../../src/H5G.c line 301 in H5Gcreate2(): not a location
    major: Invalid arguments to routine
    minor: Inappropriate type
  #001: ../../../src/H5Gloc.c line 253 in H5G_loc(): invalid object ID
    major: Invalid arguments to routine
    minor: Bad value
HDF5-DIAG: Error detected in HDF5 (1.10.0-patch1) thread 140034842764800:
  #000: ../../../src/H5A.c line 265 in H5Acreate2(): not a location
    major: Invalid arguments to routine
    minor: Inappropriate type
  #001: ../../../src/H5Gloc.c line 253 in H5G_loc(): invalid object ID
    major: Invalid arguments to routine
    minor: Bad value
HDF5-DIAG: Error detected in HDF5 (1.10.0-patch1) thread 140034842764800:
  #000: ../../../src/H5D.c line 121 in H5Dcreate2(): not a location ID
    major: Invalid arguments to routine
    minor: Inappropriate type
  #001: ../../../src/H5Gloc.c line 253 in H5G_loc(): invalid object ID
    major: Invalid arguments to routine
    minor: Bad value
HDF5-DIAG: Error detected in HDF5 (1.10.0-patch1) thread 140034842764800:
  #000: ../../../src/H5F.c line 749 in H5Fclose(): not a file ID
    major: Invalid arguments to routine
    minor: Inappropriate type
failed to close file

Im out of ideas to fix this, it appears to keep coming back to this HDF5
issue that theres already a bugtracker entry for.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/scilab/+bug/1765503



--
Sent from: http://mailinglists.scilab.org/Scilab-users-Mailing-Lists-Archives-f2602246.html
_______________________________________________
users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.scilab.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Pndsc Pndsc
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Unable to update ATOMS packages - Scilab 6.0.1

In reply to this post by amonmayr
Hi Antoine,

I gave this another go today, doing a fresh reinstall of Kubuntu 18.04 and
installing scilab using sudo as the very first thing I did after a sudo
apt-get upgrade. The same issue persists with ATOMS after doing this.

Following the installation instructions using wget for the 6.0.1 and nightly
build zips gave me multiple java errors ("Scilab cannot create Scilab Java
Main-Class" and X11GLXDrawableFactory issues) and a completely (instead of
"only" partially) install.

I've even done the above with 5.5.2 hoping that the issues would be resolved
with the earlier version.

I'm fresh out of ideas and can only think that maybe it has something to do
with my computer using a Ryzen 1700 processor.

I cant lie, I am bitterly disappointed that Scilab appears to be broken in
this manner.




--
Sent from: http://mailinglists.scilab.org/Scilab-users-Mailing-Lists-Archives-f2602246.html
_______________________________________________
users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.scilab.org/mailman/listinfo/users
amonmayr amonmayr
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Unable to update ATOMS packages - Scilab 6.0.1

Le 16/10/2018 à 23:26, Pndsc a écrit :

> Hi Antoine,
>
> I gave this another go today, doing a fresh reinstall of Kubuntu 18.04 and
> installing scilab using sudo as the very first thing I did after a sudo
> apt-get upgrade. The same issue persists with ATOMS after doing this.
>
> Following the installation instructions using wget for the 6.0.1 and nightly
> build zips gave me multiple java errors ("Scilab cannot create Scilab Java
> Main-Class" and X11GLXDrawableFactory issues) and a completely (instead of
> "only" partially) install.
Can you give me the details of the error log in the console for this
version?
Could it be a problem with the video drivers and mesa?
I had this issue at some point.
Could you try to use:

export MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=3.0 ; /path/to/scilab-nightly/bin/scilab

instead of

  /path/to/scilab-nightly/bin/scilab

?

It solved my problems for a while.
No with some later updates, I no longer have this driver issue¹.

Hope it helps,

Antoine
¹ By the way, matlab suffer exactly the same problem on my machine, and
I used the very same fix.

>
> I've even done the above with 5.5.2 hoping that the issues would be resolved
> with the earlier version.
>
> I'm fresh out of ideas and can only think that maybe it has something to do
> with my computer using a Ryzen 1700 processor.
>
> I cant lie, I am bitterly disappointed that Scilab appears to be broken in
> this manner.
>
>
>
>
> --
> Sent from: http://mailinglists.scilab.org/Scilab-users-Mailing-Lists-Archives-f2602246.html
> _______________________________________________
> users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.scilab.org/mailman/listinfo/users
>

--
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

  Antoine Monmayrant LAAS - CNRS
  7 avenue du Colonel Roche
  BP 54200
  31031 TOULOUSE Cedex 4
  FRANCE

  Tel:+33 5 61 33 64 59
 
  email : [hidden email]
  permanent email : [hidden email]

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

_______________________________________________
users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.scilab.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Pndsc Pndsc
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Unable to update ATOMS packages - Scilab 6.0.1

amonmayr wrote

> Can you give me the details of the error log in the console for this
> version?
>
>
> Could it be a problem with the video drivers and mesa?
> I had this issue at some point.
> Could you try to use:
>
> export MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=3.0 ; /path/to/scilab-nightly/bin/scilab
>
> instead of
>
>   /path/to/scilab-nightly/bin/scilab
>
> ?
>
> It solved my problems for a while.
> No with some later updates, I no longer have this driver issue¹.
>
> Hope it helps,
>
> Antoine
> ¹ By the way, matlab suffer exactly the same problem on my machine, and
> I used the very same fix.

chris@eniac:~/Downloads$ scilab

javax.media.opengl.GLException: X11GLXDrawableFactory - Could not initialize
shared resources for :0
        at
jogamp.opengl.x11.glx.X11GLXDrawableFactory$SharedResourceImplementation.createSharedResource(X11GLXDrawableFactory.java:317)
        at
jogamp.opengl.SharedResourceRunner.run(SharedResourceRunner.java:295)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
        at jogamp.opengl.GLContextImpl.makeCurrent(GLContextImpl.java:625)
        at jogamp.opengl.GLContextImpl.makeCurrent(GLContextImpl.java:539)
        at
jogamp.opengl.x11.glx.X11GLXDrawableFactory$SharedResourceImplementation.createSharedResource(X11GLXDrawableFactory.java:293)
        ... 2 more
Could not create a Scilab main class. Error:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.InternalError: XXX0 profile[1]: GL3bc
-> profileImpl GL4bc !!! not mapped
        at
javax.media.opengl.GLProfile.computeProfileMap(GLProfile.java:2021)
        at
javax.media.opengl.GLProfile.initProfilesForDeviceCritical(GLProfile.java:1889)
        at
javax.media.opengl.GLProfile.initProfilesForDevice(GLProfile.java:1838)
        at
javax.media.opengl.GLProfile.initProfilesForDefaultDevices(GLProfile.java:1807)
        at javax.media.opengl.GLProfile.access$000(GLProfile.java:77)
        at javax.media.opengl.GLProfile$1.run(GLProfile.java:201)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at javax.media.opengl.GLProfile.initSingleton(GLProfile.java:187)
        at javax.media.opengl.GLProfile.getProfileMap(GLProfile.java:2246)
        at javax.media.opengl.GLProfile.get(GLProfile.java:959)
        at javax.media.opengl.GLProfile.getDefault(GLProfile.java:693)
        at javax.media.opengl.GLProfile.getDefault(GLProfile.java:704)
        at org.scilab.modules.gui.SwingView.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at org.scilab.modules.gui.SwingView.registerSwingView(Unknown
Source)
        at org.scilab.modules.core.Scilab.<init>(Unknown Source)

Scilab cannot create Scilab Java Main-Class (we have not been able to find
the main Scilab class. Check if the Scilab and thirdparty packages are
available).

I checked my MESA info with glxinfo:

chris@eniac:~/scilab-branch/bin$ glxinfo|grep OpenGL
OpenGL vendor string: X.Org
OpenGL renderer string: AMD OLAND (DRM 2.50.0 / 4.15.0-36-generic, LLVM
6.0.0)
OpenGL core profile version string: 4.5 (Core Profile) Mesa 18.0.5
OpenGL core profile shading language version string: 4.50
OpenGL core profile context flags: (none)
OpenGL core profile profile mask: core profile
OpenGL core profile extensions:
OpenGL version string: 3.0 Mesa 18.0.5
OpenGL shading language version string: 1.30
OpenGL context flags: (none)
OpenGL extensions:
OpenGL ES profile version string: OpenGL ES 3.1 Mesa 18.0.5
OpenGL ES profile shading language version string: OpenGL ES GLSL ES 3.10
OpenGL ES profile extensions:

Using the command with MESA_GL override = 3.0 :

chris@eniac:~/scilab-branch/bin$ export MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=3.0 ;
~/scilab-branch/bin/scilab
scilab-bin: error while loading shared libraries: libgfortran.so.3: cannot
open shared object file: No such file or directory

So back where I was yesterday.

I checked your suggestion of the graphics issue and installed the
proprietary AMD driver for my graphics chipset ( an R7 240 , getting
slightly long in the tooth) and received the following error:

amdgpu_device_initialize: DRM version is 2.50.0 but this driver is only
compatible with 3.x.x.

So maybe I need to get a new graphics card.

I'm going to check if its better on a reboot but wanted to c&p all my
console responses here first before I did so.






--
Sent from: http://mailinglists.scilab.org/Scilab-users-Mailing-Lists-Archives-f2602246.html
_______________________________________________
users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.scilab.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Pndsc Pndsc
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Unable to update ATOMS packages - Scilab 6.0.1

Its alive!

Scilab will run, the ATOMS package manager will update and install packages.
I can even run coselica stuff through Xcos - but I cant get any intelligible
information out, apparently because of issues with Java. Theres a *lot* of
java complaints in the console.

I've uploaded them to pastebin here:

https://pastebin.com/EBHBmrcX

Seems like theres issues with Java but when I check I seem to have a pretty
current version of the openJDK.

chris@eniac:~$ java -version
openjdk version "1.8.0_181"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_181-8u181-b13-0ubuntu0.18.04.1-b13)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.181-b13, mixed mode)

So... if I'm reading it right my issues actually lie with graphics drivers
and X11? Is that right?



--
Sent from: http://mailinglists.scilab.org/Scilab-users-Mailing-Lists-Archives-f2602246.html
_______________________________________________
users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.scilab.org/mailman/listinfo/users