[Scilab-users] What are the skills that I need to know to contribute to the SciLab project (GSOC) ?

Sanchayan Dutta Sanchayan Dutta

[Scilab-users] What are the skills that I need to know to contribute to the SciLab project (GSOC) ?

Hello. I read about the SciLab project on the GSOC website and it looks interesting. I've just passed out of high school and know basic Java programming. What are the skills/topics that I need to learn in my first year of university so that I can contribute to the SciLab project? Thank You!

Re: What are the skills that I need to know to contribute to the SciLab project (GSOC) ?

Hello Sanchayan and welcome,

The Scilab software is basically composed of :
 1. an interpreter coded in C++
 2. a graphical user interface coded in Java
 3. mathematical functions coded in C / C++ / Fortran

If you want to start, you could get through a bug in bugzilla.scilab.org and try to fix it. If you
need help, do not hesitate to ask on IRC, this Mailing List or the GSoC ML.