[Scilab-users] export to Excel with several sheets

Carrico, Paul Carrico, Paul

[Scilab-users] export to Excel with several sheets

Dear All

I’m wondering if we can export matrixes from Scilab into Excel, in a single file but with several sheets? Obviously the csv format cannot be used here.

Not sure that the (quite old now) XLL project answers to it (I’ve not seen any doc)

Thanks

Paul

EXPORT CONTROL :
Cet email ne contient pas de données techniques
This email does not contain technical data

Re: export to Excel with several sheets

Dear Paul,

XLS_link [1] could be used to interact with Excel. This basically offer you the Excel OLE Automation API inside Scilab [2] and let you drive an Excel runtime using Scilab functions. Drawbacks : it requires an Excel licence and is Windows only.

[1] : https://atoms.scilab.org/toolboxes/xls_link/

[2] https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/219151/how-to-automate-microsoft-excel-from-visual-basic

Re: export to Excel with several sheets

Hello,

Under Matlab a contrib has interfaced poi java library, which has Apache license:

https://fr.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/38591-xlwrite-generate-xls-x-files-without-excel-on-mac-linux-win

This is just a matter of interfacing a Java class, which Scilab should be capable of. I have tried a little bit but did no managed to produce something that really works...

S.

Carrico, Paul Carrico, Paul