[Scilab-users] fft help page: can you read it?

Antoine Monmayrant Antoine Monmayrant

[Scilab-users] fft help page: can you read it?

Hi all,

It might be me getting too old, but I am unable to read the formulas in
the fft help page.
The tiny png of the LaTeX formulas for direct and inverse fft are way
too small to read.
So, I have two questions:
1) If you can read it, can you confirm that we have
exp(-2*i*%pi/n*(m-1)*(k-1) for the direct transform (and the opposite
for inverse) ?
2) Do you think this is worth filling a bug report ?

Cheers,

  Antoine Monmayrant LAAS - CNRS
  7 avenue du Colonel Roche
  BP 54200
  31031 TOULOUSE Cedex 4
  FRANCE

  Tel:+33 5 61 33 64 59

  email : [hidden email]
  permanent email : [hidden email]

Re: fft help page: can you read it?

Le 08/10/2018 à 14:49, [hidden email] a écrit :
Hi all,

It might be me getting too old, but I am unable to read the formulas in the fft help page.
The tiny png of the LaTeX formulas for direct and inverse fft are way too small to read.
So, I have two questions:
1) If you can read it, can you confirm that we have exp(-2*i*%pi/n*(m-1)*(k-1) for the direct transform (and the opposite for inverse) ?

Yes i do
2) Do you think this is worth filling a bug report ?

I am fixing it in the pages. Now it is displayed as the following:

and

Christophe Dang Ngoc Chan Christophe Dang Ngoc Chan

Re: {EXT} fft help page: can you read it?

The problem is not that they are small,
It is that they have a poor resolution so zooming only gives blur.

> 1) If you can read it, can you confirm that we have
> exp(-2*i*%pi/n*(m-1)*(k-1) for the direct transform (and the opposite for inverse) ?

Seems all right to me

> 2) Do you think this is worth filling a bug report ?

Think so.
The most easier for them would be to use \exp instead of e^{},
but imho the image tag should have an "alt" parameter with the formula in LaTeX (or whatever)
that usually shows up when the mouse pointer is on the picture.

Public